Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gotta be worst job in OC. I can't imagine how hot it gets in there..
    Heading to OCMD next week, IUP big....counting the days down...

Comment

Gotta be worst job in OC. I can't imagine how hot it gets in there..
      I appreciate their suffering!! Beach for a few hours in the morning...Bull on The Beach for lunch...Fisher's and Dollies for caramel corn and saltwater taffy as you walked the boards...Purple Moose on 60th for some happy hour warm-up...Sundown at Fager's Island on 60th...Phillips Seafood for dinner...Pickles Pub (and other places) for socializing...Dough Roller's for breakfast the following morning. That was the recipe for many a Saturday/Sunday morning!!

Comment

Heading to Phillip's tonight. I still prefer the downstairs (not the buffet upstairs). It still looks and smells like 1985. Why change if not broken.

I used to love the Phillip's on the Boardwalk. I was sad when they sold it. The new owners didn't change much. It still has the vintage old bar and fancy interior. It's one of the last throwbacks left in OC ... back when people actually dressed up for dinner and stuff.

For years we hung out at the Bahia Marina. It was just a fisherman's bar. Then it became Fish Tales and blew up.

I saw today that Pittsburgh Dad is going to be at the Salty Dog on Friday.

This place is like Yinzer Beach.

Comment

Heading to Phillip's tonight. I still prefer the downstairs (not the buffet upstairs). It still looks and smells like 1985. Why change if not broken.

I used to love the Phillip's on the Boardwalk. I was sad when they sold it. The new owners didn't change much. It still has the vintage old bar and fancy interior. It's one of the last throwbacks left in OC ... back when people actually dressed up for dinner and stuff.

For years we hung out at the Bahia Marina. It was just a fisherman's bar. Then it became Fish Tales and blew up.

I saw today that Pittsburgh Dad is going to be at the Salty Dog on Friday.

This place is like Yinzer Beach.
          As much as I don't like what OC is now, I must admit that I still like going! Kind of like a smoker who "quit" and rails against it in public...but sneeks a smoke every now and then in the basement! Or maybe breaking up with your slutty girlfriend and going out with your "perfect match"...then hooking up with your ex one last time!! OHHHHH YEAAAA...THAT's the good stuff!!!! Guilty pleasure!!

Comment

Shawn Rine reporting the Boswell to WL move

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
              Shawn Rine reporting the Boswell to WL move
              WL is going to be even more of an offensive juggernaut in another year. Will they average 115 a game?

Comment

2019 offer from West Liberty
                Bryce Butler Greater Latrobe - 6-5 g-f - 3.96 GPA 20PPg, 3.5 assists, 2.5 steals
                Same mold as Yoakum (RS Frosh) and Alessandro (incoming Frosh). very high basketball IQ; deadly in open court.

Comment

Don't get too excited on Butler. He's going to get D1 offers. Pitt has already shown interest.

Comment

Interest but no offers. Only offer thus far is from W L U.

Comment

Don't get too excited on Butler. He's going to get D1 offers. Pitt has already shown interest.
                      Good points. Just trying to drum up news during the summer. Sometimes d1 puts heavier emphasis on pure athletic ability than on basketball iq because of pressure to win now. Bryce may not have the elite athletic ability to make the cut for d1. But I surely like his game. I would go to upper level d2 with great coaching ( like iup, ship and Wl) if I were going to play in Europe before going to some slick talking recruiting marvel coach at d1.

Comment

• Comment

Layton, how can you get a media guide?

Comment

Really have no idea. Maybe email the SID and ask him [email protected] Money is tight so I doubt they print too many extras

Comment

Any word on who Wlu is looking to add in addition to Greely, Hill, Alessandro and Boswell? Will they focus more on a big man or best available player?

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                                Really have no idea. Maybe email the SID and ask him [email protected] Money is tight so I doubt they print too many extras
                                Most colleges seem to be posting them on-line now. Any idea if WLU plans on doing this?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X