Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Isn't it HIGHLY likely Ben will run the exact same offense that Crutch did being he played in it and coached it for however many years?

If Dennis loved the offense so much why leave?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Isn't it HIGHLY likely Ben will run the exact same offense that Crutch did being he played in it and coached it for however many years?

If Dennis loved the offense so much why leave?
      Because he was one of the few guys that was strictly a Crutch guy.

Comment

Last edited by FlyHawk98; 10-14-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Dennis wasn't good enough to hit clutch free throws to potentially win his team the game two years in a row too, didn't think he was like this he seemed humble coming in, good riddance in my opinion I've lost a lot of respect for him

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
            Dennis wasn't good enough to hit clutch free throws to potentially win his team the game two years in a row too, didn't think he was like this he seemed humble coming in, good riddance in my opinion I've lost a lot of respect for him
            I can't find anything from a spectator perspective to disrespect him. He dove for balls. Very unselfish. That steal he made on an inbounds pass in the MEC final with 1 minute to go followed by an instinctive pass to Monterosa got us the victory and was an incredible play that most people can't make. He drew a lot of fouls on big men when he took it to the goal.
            He has d1 handles and basketball IQ.

Maybe he thinks he is D1 because possibly he beats D1 guards regularly in the offseason. I don't know. Maybe he is just following his dream.
            As I said in an earlier post, he should transfer only for the academics. If D1, it should be Ivy League caliber.

Most of his shooting problems are mechanical and can be fixed. Ideally, the arc on a shot should be about 51 to 53 degrees depending on distance and the height at which it is released.
            He shoots FT and 3s with a flat arc and insufficient backspin (no shooters bounce).
            The problem with D1 is he will get rejected a lot when he goes inside. Also, the guards are much quicker and athletic. Therefore, his ball handling value is negated, which places more emphasis on a guard's ability to shot the 3.

My two cents worth.

Comment

He isn't going D-I, though.

Comment

I hate that Clay is transferring too. Seems like he is just Dennis's support person and will carry his bags for him. Clay needs to do what is best for him. With Dennis leaving, Clay would have even a more important role if he stays. Clay had a good freshman year when he was healthy and I think will be a good D2 player. Really believe he is way to slow to ever play D1.

Comment

I'm not going to flame Dennis on the way out, but I am on the record, mid-season, as saying he doesn't finish his drives for as oftens as gets in the paint, and he settled for too many jumpers / 3's, so I will stick by that. He's a talent, he helped the hilltoppers immensely, but he's not Corey Pelle or Cedric Harris, and maybe he did have a little bit of an unwanted 'tude.....

Can't understand someone being "strictly" a Crutch guy, necessarily, to not even give his #1 asst a chance...that seems odd...

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                    I'm not going to flame Dennis on the way out, but I am on the record, mid-season, as saying he doesn't finish his drives for as oftens as gets in the paint, and he settled for too many jumpers / 3's, so I will stick by that. He's a talent, he helped the hilltoppers immensely, but he's not Corey Pelle or Cedric Harris, and maybe he did have a little bit of an unwanted 'tude.....

Can't understand someone being "strictly" a Crutch guy, necessarily, to not even give his #1 asst a chance...that seems odd...
                    What I mean by that is, Ben is the go-to guy on most recruits. Dennis built his trust and relationship with Crutch. BTW, am hearing that both Dennis and Guillozet have appealed the decision to not be allowed to transfer to NOVA.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
                      What I mean by that is, Ben is the go-to guy on most recruits. Dennis built his trust and relationship with Crutch. BTW, am hearing that both Dennis and Guillozet have appealed the decision to not be allowed to transfer to NOVA.
                      Interesting. IF everyone else is staying, as a pragmatic risk management decision wlu should let them transfer to nova rather than go to Lincoln. I suspect east region winner much more likely to meet Lincoln in semis than nova next year. But I know that is not what the "book" says about transfers and protecting the "program".

Comment

They can both go kick rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
                          They can both go kick rocks.
                          Don't know about kicking rocks, but Clay can definitely shoot the rock. He won the 3 pt contest in a prestigious ohio all star game in Cleveland after his senior year.
                          Just some humor to start the week.

I liked Clay's overall game, rebounding, shooting, defense, and IQ. He had long arms for his size, which helped him in these areas. I think he had a 4+ GPA in high school (due to college courses), but I could be wrong.
                          Similar to you, my view is "Next Man Up".

Comment

New commit he's 6'6
                            http://www.hudl.com/profile/3662640/joe-ochoa/about

Comment

Descent player by video. Glass half empty...they dont play anybody. Hes another 6 6 not a 6 8 or 6 9 doubt he can compete against the previous bingaya, moseh , or any of the bigs from the reigning D2 NC or the lincoln memorials etc... how many 6 3 to 6 6 can be used here dunk, block shots against small teams, that wont work at the next level a fit probably. Make them better. Dont see it

Comment

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
                                Descent player by video. Glass half empty...they dont play anybody. Hes another 6 6 not a 6 8 or 6 9 doubt he can compete against the previous bingaya, moseh , or any of the bigs from the reigning D2 NC or the lincoln memorials etc... how many 6 3 to 6 6 can be used here dunk, block shots against small teams, that wont work at the next level a fit probably. Make them better. Dont see it
                                Got to take this one on faith that Ben can spot talent that can compete at this level. Could be a hidden gem who started to bloom in senior year. His improvement in stats from junior to senior year was significant. Played at d4 school that can limit exposure. I suspect Ben watched him play against club teams with stronger opposition.
                                Has will yoakum signed Loi yet?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X