Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

We had 3 recruit commitments prior to Crutch leaving. No indication that they still will not come is there? Now with Dennis and Clay leaving (we believe) will we go after two more. Will it be Ochoa and one more, maybe the transfer from Delaware State if we can get him? Wonder if anybody else will transfer or not play next year? Nice work Layton for that information.

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
      watched sr highlights on hudl. see a lot of hustle and basketball IQ. when he blocked shots he kept the ball in play for his teammates unlike grossenbacher who liked to knock them into the 3rd row.
      can lead the break and dish. many blocks are hustle plays where he is trailing the play can block it from behind off the glass without fouling. Very unselfish. Similar to will yoakum.

Comment

Friend told me a tall white Australian guy is visiting right now with Ben lol, anyone know who

Comment

There is a transcontinental pipeline from Australia to the Hilltop...Indiana Faithful a few year ago...and current Hilltopper, James Griffin....Interesting to hear who it is....

Latyon-you're getting all the underground scoop....Good job

Comment

Friend told me a tall white Australian guy is visiting right now with Ben lol, anyone know who
            Lachlan Anderson is his name , He played at Eastern Kentucky last year.. 6-8 190 Sydney, Australia

Also the guy from Ashland didn't end up taking the assistant job.. New guy is Brett Ervin from WV Wesleyan, played at Elon before that.. GA at LeMoyne last year with Beilein

Comment

Originally posted by Bware2 View Post
              Lachlan Anderson is his name , He played at Eastern Kentucky last year.. 6-8 190 Sydney, Australia

Also the guy from Ashland didn't end up taking the assistant job.. New guy is Brett Ervin from WV Wesleyan, played at Elon before that.. GA at LeMoyne last year with Beilein
              Does this mean the Delaware State guy is out of the question, also he said someone else dad with him that was even taller but not sure if he was a recruit or something else

Edit: He recognized that it was probably Ervin

Comment

Does this mean the Delaware State guy is out of the question, also he said someone else dad with him that was even taller but not sure if he was a recruit or something else

Edit: He recognized that it was probably Ervin
                Haven't heard anymore details on the Del Sate guy.. And yeah that was Ervin with them.. Apparently, the Aussie kid went to visit WJU yesterday, if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Any updates on the future landing spot of message board icon Chuckie Humphries?

There isn't much on him in the Pittsburgh sites.

Comment

Wait if Clay and Dennis are staying D2 why don't they have to sit out a year, now that I think of it Columbo played too the next season didn't he, is it different for D2 then, also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch

Comment

Wait if Clay and Dennis are staying D2 why don't they have to sit out a year, now that I think of it Columbo played too the next season didn't he, is it different for D2 then, also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch
                      You get one transfer without sitting out within d2 as long as school does not restrict. Loccoco, Columbo, the Michigan kid who went to Ashland from wlu. Did crutch ever restrict anyone? Not aware of an instance. Current admin must be less secure/ enlightened. Imho when you recruit as many top scorers in history of school etc. I think it us a positive to give them a golden parachute if it doesn't work out. That's just me though as I tend to side with the players.

Comment

Lincoln memorial is signing players. Wonder if that train has left without Dennis and clay or are they holding academic schollies for them? Sure hope they don't go there.

Comment

" ... also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch"

Playing a year in JUCO isn't like a redshirt. It still burns a year of your eligibility. In your example, yes, the duo could play a year of JUCO and then go to Crutch -- but Dennis would be arriving to him as a then-senior and Clay as a then-junior. Why waste the seasons.

The package thing at this time of the year could make things complicated. Not every school has multiple spots open in late April -- in particular the elite programs. They'll find a home but it may end up surprising people. My personal opinion is Clay is going to regret leaving and this will turn out to be a huge mistake. He was a good fit at WL. Dennis will be a star no matter where he lands in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            " ... also why don't Clay and Dennis go to Juco and redshirt or not play basketball then just go back to Crutch"

Playing a year in JUCO isn't like a redshirt. It still burns a year of your eligibility. In your example, yes, the duo could play a year of JUCO and then go to Crutch -- but Dennis would be arriving to him as a then-senior and Clay as a then-junior. Why waste the seasons.

The package thing at this time of the year could make things complicated. Not every school has multiple spots open in late April -- in particular the elite programs. They'll find a home but it may end up surprising people. My personal opinion is Clay is going to regret leaving and this will turn out to be a huge mistake. He was a good fit at WL. Dennis will be a star no matter where he lands in D2.
                            I meant as in red shirting at the juco and not playing or just not playing basketball all together and focus on classes, if they were that tied to Crutch that's the only way I could see it being possible, although I still don't understand only being a Crutch guy not really sure why either wasn't happy here they had great success and lots of playing time

Comment

Mallory from DSU signed with Philadelphia U.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I am puzzled why Clay left. I felt he was going to be the main guy after Monterosa next year. To start as a freshman (although Griffin started after the first of the year) ahead of many talented upperclassmen was impressive. Anyone have inside scoop? Was he just a crutchfield guy? Maybe he changed his major and WLU was not strong in that area?
                                I wish him well. Just wish he could have stayed. As for Dennis, I had heard rumors in Columbus late last year that he was leaving, so I was not surprised. Wish him well also. Next man up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X