Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    By that logic, though, would it then say that all of Ben's recruits from the past several years are bailing on him?

Let's also keep in mind we're talking about D2 players here. It's not like it's North Carolina types. These guys, for the most part, are all pretty replaceable. Based on your Crutch comments toward Dennis ... it kind of proves it.

The assistants at most good programs do all the recruiting. The head honchos aren't spending their weekends watching tournament after tournament in Podunk, USA. They come in at the end to close the deal.
    Don't really disagree. But crutch was at north south all star game at otterbein in Westerville ohio last year. Clay and Dalton were guarding each other.

Comment

Yes they are.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
        Dennis and Clay follow Crutchfield to Nova? Hasn't anyone been keeping up on their reading? Crutchfield is quoted as saying Dennis would be making a huge mistake leaving WL. Crutchfield encouraged all of the players to stay at WL. The only one I could see leaving would be Monteroso because he only has 1 year left, but do you want to have a chance to win the conference again or spend your last year in a rebuilding mission? My money is on he stays.
        It is hilarious that everyone automatically assumes these transfers are headed to Nova. Last year when Dennis did the exact same thing, Crutchfield shook his hand and said good luck. Didn't bat an eye or beg him to stay. That tells me Crutch is not in a hurry to take him to Nova. Clay could be another story, but let's hope not.
        Ben Howlett has been the main recruiter st WLU for at least the last 2 years if not 3. Let's try to keep up with the facts. Ben is the one traveling through Ohio to the state tourney and has been for years.
        Of course, when you have friends on other sports teams and ex teammates still running around the ASRC, you get the insider trading information.
        That's right Nut, not handing out towels like you posted.
        They both visited Lincoln Memorial yesterday.

Comment

Not as simple as transferring wherever you like. Your school has to release you and can impose parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
            Not as simple as transferring wherever you like. Your school has to release you and can impose parameters.
            If they're visiting other schools, they've already got their release.

Comment

As I understand it, no MEC schools or Nova. They are conditional releases.

Comment

Pretty standard. Generally it's no transfer in conference or to any team on the schedule. This one obviously has a clause for Jesus down in Ft. Lauderdale, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
                  As I understand it, no MEC schools or Nova. They are conditional releases.
                  Given what crutch has done for the image of west lib, I am disappointed they are excluding people from playing for crutch. I thought I read last year where clay reached out to crutch first even though Fairmont state had a full court press to sign him. It wasn't like an assistant coach discovered him. They are leaving anyhow so why not show appreciation to crutch? If they go to Lincoln memorial we could live to regret it next year likevdyer to iup. Crutch is probably 2 yrs away at least from an elite 8. Crutch let Columbo go to Notre Dame. Not very shrewd by wlu.

Comment

Crutch is a class guy. I can't imagine that he would take anybody with him or try to sway any of the WL recruits to NOVA. There are plenty of fish out there, especially at the D2 level and Crutch won't have trouble getting his share, especially with those facilities and location.

Comment

I agree. He's an icon there. He wouldn't tarnish his legacy over a couple players.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        I agree. He's an icon there. He wouldn't tarnish his legacy over a couple players.
                        I agree. Seems petty and unappreciative by west lib. In general I am against restrictions. The game is for the players not the almighty program especially at d2. Let them go where they want. With the talent and size at Lincoln they would be formidable with clay and David.

Comment

Devon Hoehn going to Nova as a GA

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                            Crutch is a class guy. I can't imagine that he would take anybody with him or try to sway any of the WL recruits to NOVA. There are plenty of fish out there, especially at the D2 level and Crutch won't have trouble getting his share, especially with those facilities and location.
                            If Dennis were allowed to go to Nova and were strongly considering Nova the argument could be made that west lib might have landed Smith. As a result the loss MAY have increased from 2 to 3 players, clay, David and Smith of North hills due to west libs pettiness. Makes we wonder if there is more to crutchfield's departure given their restrictions that are not in their best interest.

Comment

Nature of the beast ... every school sets those limitations. If they really wanted to be petty they could have blocked his release and then he'd have had to sit a whole year.
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-09-2017, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Dennis and Guillozet are package deal. It's down to Lincoln Memorial or Embry Riddle in Florida, where Mike Lamberti coaches.
                                Last edited by Penguins87; 04-10-2017, 06:54 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X