Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Not really the right 'forum' to post but I don't know of a good home.

From Youngstown news station ... Jarrod Calhoun mic'd up at practice ...

I thought some may enjoy the inside look.

http://wkbn.com/2017/04/24/calhouns-...se-excitement/
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Lynn Ullom taking the AD position and done with coaching

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
        Lynn Ullom taking the AD position and done with coaching
        And thats that. The WLU president opts for starus quo. A bad choice to "lead" a bad athletic department. There will be no inovation, no improvements to process and no coaching shakeups. Underperforming programs will continue to underperform without consiquence and there will be no steps to try and increase community engagement and game attendance.

This hire signals to the entire department that the president thinks everything is running smothly and there is no need to change.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
          And thats that. The WLU president opts for starus quo. A bad choice to "lead" a bad athletic department. There will be no inovation, no improvements to process and no coaching shakeups. Underperforming programs will continue to underperform without consiquence and there will be no steps to try and increase community engagement and game attendance.

This hire signals to the entire department that the president thinks everything is running smothly and there is no need to change.
          100% accurate

Comment

Things are kind of slow. Anyone want to venture a guess about where Dennis lands?
            Lincoln Memorial loaded up on another guard commit, so I think that ship has sailed.
            KY Wesleyan signed a PG.
            That leaves embry riddle and Nova.

A while back I heard that Clay might be staying. Is that still the current view?

Comment

Dennis will end up at nova. He visits there this weekend. Guillozet unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
                Dennis will end up at nova. He visits there this weekend. Guillozet unknown.
                Hope he has to sit out a year to do so.

Comment

Dennis will not have to sit out. He won his appeal and transferring within D2 you do not have to sit out.

Comment

Still dying to know how Dennis won his appeal and his buddy lost his.

Comment

Who grants the appeals? NCAA?

If so, how was this appeal granted so quickly? NCAA seems to take forever on most things.

Comment

West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
                          West Liberty just signed two more guys in this class. 6'3'' Wil Yoakum and 6'7'' Joe Ochoa.

http://hilltoppersports.com/news/201...standouts.aspx
                          Surprised yoakum is not listed at 6ft 5. He seemed taller than 6ft 3 from watching him play. Got award for being one of 20 best foul shooters in Ohio.

Comment

Right Eer, I've thought all along from reading these various posts that Yoakum was 6' 5".

Comment

Pretty long arms and good hops. Definitely plays taller than 6-3. From clips I've seen of Ochoa, he seems like more of a project (not surprising for a taller guy at this level). Body type and game reminds me of Keene Cockburn. Keene had a great senior year. Hope the light comes on quicker for Joe.

Big jump from high school to college, even at the D2 level. Reason I was so impressed with Guillozet last year was his ability to defend at this level. He did an amazing job against Bingaya in the last two Fairmont games. Good motor.

Comment

Originally posted by timbertopper View Post
                                Pretty long arms and good hops. Definitely plays taller than 6-3. From clips I've seen of Ochoa, he seems like more of a project (not surprising for a taller guy at this level). Body type and game reminds me of Keene Cockburn. Keene had a great senior year. Hope the light comes on quicker for Joe.

Big jump from high school to college, even at the D2 level. Reason I was so impressed with Guillozet last year was his ability to defend at this level. He did an amazing job against Bingaya in the last two Fairmont games. Good motor.
                                Yoakum needs to hit weight room asap to keep from redshirting.
                                Good observations about clay. guillozet was very complete player for freshman. Wonder if new assistant will speed up development of big men? Segar developed great post up moves. Others not so much in the past.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X