Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

Here's the football guide https://issuu.com/mattlayton/docs/20...ll_mediaguide3

Comment

Very nice product Layton! Now if you can just convince the web administrator to put a link on the football home page and perhaps convince the SID to post an article about it! Maybe even post a link on the official football Twitter page??!

Comment

Nice job, Layton. That will be a great resume piece for you.

Comment

Good job! Glad you got the chance to do this.

Comment

Appreciate it guys!

Comment

Fyi tarojae brake transferred from lock haven to kutztown. A while back there was speculation that wlu or lemoyne was interested. They play at wlu on Nov 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                  Fyi tarojae brake transferred from lock haven to kutztown. A while back there was speculation that wlu or lemoyne was interested. They play at wlu on Nov 9.
                  Interesting choice being he'll have to sit out this season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Interesting choice being he'll have to sit out this season.
                    I was not aware of him sitting out. Makes me wonder (with absolutely no data) if the LeMoyne and West Liberty bus had left the station.

Comment

Typically PSAC in-conference transfers have to sit out a season. There is a loophole that if he was only getting like $1k a year at Lock Haven but he could get a full ride somewhere else, the sit out can be reduced (Brandon Norfleet came to IUP from Cheyney and got a full ride). Norfleet only had to sit the first semester.

Often times they just use it as their red shirt season.

I'm not a fan of conference transfers let alone division.

Comment

It looks like Crutchfield at Nova Southeastern has the resources to explore the European market - Signed guys from Norway and Denmark. Also signed a guy from Sweden, but he had played at D1 in the USA.
                        I believe that Europe provides much better opportunities to find mobile big men who have the fundamentals and outside shooting skill to play the NSE /WL style.
                        I remember reading where Kobe said that European players have better skills in general than US players (curse of AAU ball). WLU needs to develop creative ways to tap into that market without breaking the bank.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nes-blames-aau

Comment

I've often wondered about overseas recruiting -- especially at D2 schools with very small budgets.

IUP signed Jacobo Diaz out the Canary Islands. How does that happen?

I'd assume in many cases there are 'handlers' of sorts who approach U.S. contacts and tout their players. The players wanting to come over can also initiate the contact.

Then again, in today's technology age, you can do a lot from your desk.

Personally, I love to watch European games, etc. It's not all dunks and 45' treys.

Comment

I've often wondered about overseas recruiting -- especially at D2 schools with very small budgets.

I'd assume in many cases there are 'handlers' of sorts who approach U.S. contacts and tout their players. The players wanting to come over can also initiate the contact.

Personally, I love to watch European games, etc. It's not all dunks and 45' treys.
                            I like the European players. So many USA guys have terrible form on their shots even when wide open - leaning, flaying legs, not to mention lack of team offense and defense concepts.

Comment

I would think that unless the overseas player played HS ball in the US and caught a DII coaches eye, the contacts are primarily player initiated. Player sending out an email or completing the on-line "player interest" forms that a lot of the schools have on their web page. Limited recruiting travel budget means that the coaches have a lot more time in the office to sift through these things...Remember, were not talking about Duke here were Coach K is receiving 5000 emails per day from guys that want to play for him!! I actually emailed Crutch one April with a link to a highlight tape on a local player I thought was pretty good but didn't have an offer. Within 5 minutes (OK...maybe it was 10 minutes!!) I got an email reply from Coach Howlett asking if I had this players phone number because they were interested in talking to him (no, he didn't end up going to WLU). That type of response is not going to happen at a D1...but apparently it does at least at some DII's.

Comment

https://hilltoppersports.com/news/20...-contract.aspx

Monteroso to Germany!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X