Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

West Lib needs to get this fixed. We took a step backwards with this stuff. If we can do a better job in house then we should just do it ourselves. I didn't even watch the game because it was terrible quality.

Comment

I know a few years ago the quality of the video for football was real good. This was thru the school website and production and announcing was decent.

Comment

Originally posted by CelticCoach View Post
        I know a few years ago the quality of the video for football was real good. This was thru the school website and production and announcing was decent.
        Seems like the production value and announcing are the same, what has suffered is the quality of the video coming out of Team1. I agree...put it back on the school website if posting it through Team1 is capable of putting out a good product or they want to charge an arm and leg for sufficient bandwidth.

Comment

Boat- I believe that was thru WLU-TV that you could watch live stream thru website,

Comment

As I said before, the MEC Tournament is being streamed through Team1sports as well and the quality has been very good. It is not a Team1Sports issue so it has to be the WLU streaming quality issue in their arena. All the other MEC schools broadcasts have not been fuzzy and out of focus like last weekend's WLU vs WJ games.

Comment

That needs resolved before next weekend. That would be horrendous to watch the regional at that poor quality. Will an outside party handle the regional or is everybody stuck with the WL feed?

Comment

So the Toppers lose to Charleston in OT after squandering a 23 point first half lead! We depend on making threes and when they aren't falling we are vulnerable. Going 6-26 and 1-8 from three range ain't going to win many games for us. Don't know what is up with Watson but he is ice cold from three. He went 0-6 last night and is 5-25 over the last four games. .200 from three is not why he was brought in and certainly should not earn him the playing time he is getting.

Comment

Originally posted by pennbraz View Post
                  As I said before, the MEC Tournament is being streamed through Team1sports as well and the quality has been very good. It is not a Team1Sports issue so it has to be the WLU streaming quality issue in their arena. All the other MEC schools broadcasts have not been fuzzy and out of focus like last weekend's WLU vs WJ games.
                  This is a product of the number of people watching the game. I noted that at various points in the WLU/WVS game, the picture was fuzzy. After a minute or two, the picture would clear and be fine. This is a typical bandwidth issue driven by the number of people watching the game at a give moment. It's like a birthday cake...plenty of cake if there are six people at the party...but if there are 60 people at the party, the slices get very small.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    So the Toppers lose to Charleston in OT after squandering a 23 point first half lead! We depend on making threes and when they aren't falling we are vulnerable. Going 6-26 and 1-8 from three range ain't going to win many games for us. Don't know what is up with Watson but he is ice cold from three. He went 0-6 last night and is 5-25 over the last four games. .200 from three is not why he was brought in and certainly should not earn him the playing time he is getting.
                    So you say averaging 13 minutes per game over the last 4 games is too much..lol. We wouldn't be 26-3 without guys like Jordan Watson. Every shooter goes through a rough patch and questioning the minutes of an honorable mention MEC player that averages 41% from 3 (on 151 attempts) is comical.

Comment

Originally posted by DownLow55 View Post
                      So you say averaging 13 minutes per game over the last 4 games is too much..lol. We wouldn't be 26-3 without guys like Jordan Watson. Every shooter goes through a rough patch and questioning the minutes of an honorable mention MEC player that averages 41% from 3 (on 151 attempts) is comical.
                      If it's in the regular season, I agree that you allow him to play through it. But can't do that in tourney play. Player needs to identify in himself each game just what he's doing well and what he's not. Watson was 0-4 through the first and second halves last night and he needs to know that they just aren't falling for him. Watson took WLU's last two shots in OT...both were three attempts and both missed.

Comment

I'm 100% confident that our coaching staff will make whatever changes (or no changes) are made to give us the best chance to win the Region. This has been an EXCELLENT season so far, especially when you consider all the turnover we had from last season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyHawk98 View Post
                          I'm 100% confident that our coaching staff will make whatever changes (or no changes) are made to give us the best chance to win the Region. This has been an EXCELLENT season so far, especially when you consider all the turnover we had from last season.
                          I think (hope) Coach evaluates his play early in the game and adjusts his minutes accordingly. No way he should have been one of the five players on the court at the end of the game and certainly not the one jacking the two final shots from 3 point range. Not like we were behind at that point and needed 3's or even if we did that we didn't have other more capable shooters to take them.

Comment

• Comment

I watched Sincere Carry play tonight in the state semi's. Wow, huge fan of his game. He is so quick with the ball and can shoot the rock. What I was most impressed with was his vision. Solon defeated Pickerington Central 82-78 which is a perennial power in Columbus. Solon was down 10 at the half and Carry had a huge 2nd half. He finished with 29 pts, 11 assists and 5 steals. Solon plays another power program in Cincinnati Moeller tomorrow night in the state championship. Should be another good game. Moeller has 3 guys going D1. Fans on the hilltop, you will be impressed by this kid. He will be the next great to come through the program. Howlett is getting a steal with this kid!
                              Last edited by JesuitHoops; 03-23-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Sincere Carry is incredibly underrated. He has high level talent and a great game. He has to be one of the top two or three D-II freshman coming in this year if not at the top. Howlett looks like he is actually improving the overall athletic ability of players he is bringing in while still having kids with a great basketball skill set. West Lib fans should be extremely excited for the arrival of this young man.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X