Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

That West Liberty is ready to name their replacement tomorrow tells me that this is probably an internal promotion. Refresh my memory, but are coaching jobs at West Virginia's state schools required to be posted for x number of days if there's no internal promotion?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Haha ... You'd be amazed how often this site gets credited as 'sources' by numerous media outlets. We don't realize it but this is the single best source for D2 info anywhere. By far.

News is shared on here often days in advance of announcements, etc.

This also isn't the PR machine most small town outlets are for their schools at this level.
        😂😂😂

Comment

Correct. If promoting you do not have to post the job.

Comment

It was announced on twitter at noon today that a press conference will occur tomorrow 10am to name new coach...Laytons info is correct. Unless Howlett didnt want it I think it is him

Comment

Originally posted by Penguins87 View Post
              Correct. If promoting you do not have to post the job.
              That's what I figured. I recall that being the case in Pennsylvania (though I can never remember the specifics).
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ok. All of the conspiracy maniacs can give it a rest. Not going to cite the source but found out that Crutchfield leaving had nothing to do with anything but wanting a new challenge in a location that puts him where he was going to retire to anyway. This has been in the works since just before Christmas on the possibility that the coach at Nova was going to resign or retire. When that happened, the offer was made. Crutchfield owns a house 20 mins from the school. Nothing to do with anyone in the athletic department, nothing to do about being unhappy, nothing to do with the President.
                Sad thing is you have all these people who just can't bring themselves to believe that it was just a matter of timing. HC job at the school where his retirement home is located opened and he took it because it probably wouldn't be there when he would still be interested in coaching.
                Boat hates Waialae, Nut hates Waialae so it must have been Waialae. People don't like Ullom, so it must have been Ullom. Posters need to put personal feelings about people who don't kiss their a** aside and be objective.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenontheHill View Post
                  Ok. All of the conspiracy maniacs can give it a rest. Not going to cite the source but found out that Crutchfield leaving had nothing to do with anything but wanting a new challenge in a location that puts him where he was going to retire to anyway. This has been in the works since just before Christmas on the possibility that the coach at Nova was going to resign or retire. When that happened, the offer was made. Crutchfield owns a house 20 mins from the school. Nothing to do with anyone in the athletic department, nothing to do about being unhappy, nothing to do with the President.
                  Sad thing is you have all these people who just can't bring themselves to believe that it was just a matter of timing. HC job at the school where his retirement home is located opened and he took it because it probably wouldn't be there when he would still be interested in coaching.
                  Boat hates Waialae, Nut hates Waialae so it must have been Waialae. People don't like Ullom, so it must have been Ullom. Posters need to put personal feelings about people who don't kiss their a** aside and be objective.
                  Well said!

Comment

I also just relay what I see on social media so it's not like it's private sources, I'm sure not everyone on here has every social media so I don't see an issue not like I'm claiming they were my sources

Comment

Heaven, wish I was as smart and had the contacts that you have. You are so knowledgeable. It's great having your input on this board, especially since your are so good with expressing your opinion with people. Since you can't seem to let this thing go with Waialae let me state again I have nothing against Waialae. The school and the football program is bigger than Waialae. If he can produce a winning program, no problem with Wally. However, except for the Amedro years his record is simply not very good. As I stated the last 6 years he has a 37% winning percentage. Thank God for Wise, WVSU and Urbana. You need to pull up your panties and accept the fact that he must do better. Most people that follow WL football are not expecting any more than 4-5 wins again this year. But that's OK with you, We are WL, we don't have to do any better!
                      Last edited by Sportsnut; 03-28-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

A little birdy said its Ben Howlett

Comment

Originally posted by Chevydude89 View Post
                          A little birdy said its Ben Howlett
                          Little birdy was correct

Comment

Monteroso was sitting next to him not sure why yet probably an announcement too

Comment

Best result to have come from Crutch leaving, I think.

And he will bring energy and passion to the hilltop...maybe they'll even press like they used to....

Now hope he can hold the remaining team togehter, minus Dennis.

Comment

Atleast 1 recruit tweeted they were excited ben got the job, centerville Saben

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X