Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Liberty Hilltopper Basketball

It would make sense for Dennis to stay D2...he's an electric guard for D2...He's not a great shooter, and he does not finish layups as often as he gets into the lane, so D1 is too big a leap...

I think if Howlett is named coach--they should at least name him the interim so there's a focal point and not a rudderless ship--- they won't lose much else...

I don't see Monteroso going anywhere bc of the family thing...whether he plays or not is another story...

Comment

Dennis would probably thrive even more in a more standard run-n-gun type offense. He gets to the hole like few I've ever seen at this level. Finishing ... has his moments. But, keep in mind he was only a sophomore this year. When the true stars come along our expectations get so high that I think we forget they are just a freshman or sophomore. Some of the elite players in our region over the past decade didn't even really surface until they were a junior.

Could WL actually have an all-white roster next year? That would be very odd to see at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Dennis would probably thrive even more in a more standard run-n-gun type offense. He gets to the hole like few I've ever seen at this level. Finishing ... has his moments. But, keep in mind he was only a sophomore this year. When the true stars come along our expectations get so high that I think we forget they are just a freshman or sophomore. Some of the elite players in our region over the past decade didn't even really surface until they were a junior.

Could WL actually have an all-white roster next year? That would be very odd to see at this level.
        Not...going...to get...drug into...this...discussion!!!!

Comment

One commit is black and that'll be about it if he even stays, hard to keep them at the hilltop as we've seen, besides Devin and he's half I think Cedric Harris was the last one to stay his whole career here and he might've been half too. Pretty odd really I'm sure Crutch won't have trouble recruiting them in Ft Lauderdale lol

Comment

I wonder I Shawn Dyer is available? If he took the position he could bring in players who weren't jokes like the ones he was forced to play with at WLU. He called himself the leader of TWO teams that went to the finals and said he won a ton of games single handed so I would imagine taking over for Crutch would be EASY for him! hahahaha!!!

Comment

I've heard that name somewhere before ...

Tell you what, though, the best game he ever played for IUP was against WLU in that Regional final.

Last I heard he is overseas playing somewhere. That's still so weird he ended up in Indiana.

There's definitely some guys in the region this year who will have a shot to play professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                I've heard that name somewhere before ...

Tell you what, though, the best game he ever played for IUP was against WLU in that Regional final.

Last I heard he is overseas playing somewhere. That's still so weird he ended up in Indiana.

There's definitely some guys in the region this year who will have a shot to play professionally.
                As of Feb 17, 2017, Shawn was playing for the Ohio Bootleggers in the Basketball premier league. thepbl.com
                I am suprised WV did not have that nickname trademarked LOL

Comment

WL will fill its vacancy in house

Comment

Hope it's Howlett!

Comment

Worked out pretty well the last time they promoted a men's basketball assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                        As of Feb 17, 2017, Shawn was playing for the Ohio Bootleggers in the Basketball premier league. thepbl.com
                        I am suprised WV did not have that nickname trademarked LOL
                        Guess the Europeans failed to appreciate his greatness...just like Crutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsnut View Post
                          Hope it's Howlett!
                          Read an article about how Crutch ended up at Nova. Nova was interviewing references for applicants for there vacant HC position. They contacted Crutch about former Topper player and assistant coach Jordan Fee who is an assistant at Nova. Long and short from my standpoint is maybe we should consider Fee for our HC position also. Here's his thumb nail coaching resume:

Played two years at D1 Detroit-Mercy
                          Played two years at WLU under Crutch
                          Coached at WLU under Crutch in 2011/12
                          Coached at DII Clarion in 2012/13
                          Coached at D1 Detroit-Mercy in 2013/14
                          Coached the last two years at Nova

Not saying he is the #1 candidate but he does have the WLU pedigree and the stamp of approval from Crutch.

Comment

Fee isn't leaving Nova. He is the recruiting bridge Crutch needs to get off the ground there.

Comment

I'd pass on Fee. I think he's a great guy but he isn't ready to be the HC of a top program. He either needs to be an assistant with a winning program or he needs to take over a lesser program than what we have.

Comment

I'd be curious to know who initially steered the conversation from Nova calling Crutchfield as a reference for Fee to Crutchfield being in the mix and eventually getting the job. Just seems strange to me. I'm not sure how I'd feel if a mentor who I listed as a job reference ended up taking the job I was hoping he'd recommend me for. Obviously Fee is ok with it if he's staying on staff. Clearly most WLU player's loyalty to the man runs very deep.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X