Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Wow I was thinking the same IUP spread ... good omen. Or we both have a little gambling degenerate in us.

Comment

At the Palms today, based on your spreads, I'd take IUP -1.5 and Kutztown -6.5

Comment

I can't make the first one ... maybe the last 10 minutes. Hopefully it's a good one.

Comment

These refs in the IUP game BLOW!!! Sleva can do whatever he wants.

Comment

Is Sleva Lebron??? Holy heck, you breath on Sleva it's a foul and he's allowed to run people over.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He looks like he's taking a punch to the face every time somebody gets near him. Goodness. Somebody nominate that guy for an academy award.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This game is chippy. They've let a lot go though. Lombardi should have been T'd up earlier for his antics. Similarly so should Sleva for his after the whistle attack of Dante. If they are bad that's one thing, but if they are consistent both ways, that's all you can ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                  This game is chippy. They've let a lot go though. Lombardi should have been T'd up earlier for his antics. Similarly so should Sleva for his after the whistle attack of Dante. If they are bad that's one thing, but if they are consistent both ways, that's all you can ask for.

Not only do these refs blow but IUP can't buy a hoop either.

Comment

Down 20 to overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

Comment

Bottom line, the refs bailed Ship out the whole game. 23 seconds left in OT and the worst call of the game happened to bail Ship out. Tail of the tape, those refs suck!!!

Comment

Bottom line, the refs bailed Ship out the whole game. 23 seconds left in OT and the worst call of the game happened to bail Ship out. Tail of the tape, those refs suck!!!

I'll agree that was a bad call there. That was a physical possession both ways. To call that there and nothing before in that sequence was horrendous.

But I won't blame the game on the officials. If IUP makes 1 more free throw during the game, Cobo is shooting to win it, not send it to overtime. Bad calls are part of the game.

IUP missed a ton of open looks. Ship hit theirs.

Comment

• On a different note, I can see why Sleva is a frustrating guy to play against. He's really good. No disrespect to Segar Bonifant or the West Liberty fans, but he's a better player than Bonifant was. There's no debate on that. He handles the ball like a guard, uses his size like a big man. Faster than Bonifant, bigger, more finesse moves, better power game, tremendous rebounder. There's really nothing you can do on him to limit his game at this level.

And he's a high energy guy that plays with a lot of emotion. That's evident. And those guys, when they aren't on your team and are torching you like he was today, they're giant pains in the asses to play against. It seemed like all of the extracurriculars really fueled him today. All of the post whistle scrums, the fact that he was public enemy number one in that building when he touched the ball. It motivated him. And boy, does it seem like he really embraces that role of the villain. He taunted the IUP crowd every trip back down the court. At times it seemed like he was more interested in wagging his tongue at the crowd after draining a 3 than he was at getting back on defense. Not everybody can play the role of the villain and create that identify for yourself and be the best player on the floor in multiple facets of the game. Tremendous player.

Ship will be a tough out next week.

Comment

If i wasn't 6'1" I'd love to deck that MF'er about 12 times. But .... yes .... he's fantastic.

First team all-American

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              If i wasn't 6'1" I'd love to deck that MF'er about 12 times. But .... yes .... he's fantastic.

First team all-American

I have not seen a player at the Division 2 level create more of a "villain" role for himself than he did tonight. Goodness is he annoying.

He's that type of guy that probably starts things in the bar and says whatever he wants, because deep down he knows there's not one person in the building that can do something to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                                I have not seen a player at the Division 2 level create more of a "villain" role for himself than he did tonight. Goodness is he annoying.

He's that type of guy that probably starts things in the bar and says whatever he wants, because deep down he knows there's not one person in the building that can do something to stop him.

Yeah, and tonight every bit of garbage he and his teamates threw up went in, they were over 50% shooting percentage

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X