Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Well, it’s now 100% basketball season at IUP now that that football team is eliminated. Here we go!

This should be another one that IUP cruises in. I guess Cordon and Burk must have gotten hurt in practice? To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Cordon on the floor. Can he play at all?
    Cordon could play in a pinch. He's a 'program guy' on the deep bench. He's a big guard at 6'5" but he's not going to be a rotation player here.

Burk would project similarly although he is a walk-on. He probably has more upside due to his size (6'7", 225 lbs). He could develop in to a Shawn Ulrich type by next year. Not a rotation guy but could be serviceable if needed in short spurts.

Joe's practices must be nuts. They get more dudes hurt in practice yearly than any team I've ever seen.

Greg Bearer joining late as a volunteer coach could really just be a way of getting another practice guard in the building (same role Dante had two years ago).

Not to be blunt on Cordon and Burk but that's their roles. They are good teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

It’s always been Joe time! I can’t stomach that football program anymore! Sick of the BS.
      I did think it was funny when the band was doing the “We can’t hear you” cheer to Section C today. I was sitting in Section C, but still got a kick out of it. They weren’t wrong. I also thought it was funny that band members were running back and forth in front of the crowd trying to get them motivated while the cheerleaders just stood in the same spot doing the same old tired cheers. As irritated I was that the band didn’t show up last weekend, I would vote that group as “most improved” in the entire IUP football program.

I get it. As good as it can be at times, it can be equally frustrating. I just don’t know where the ceiling is for the program these days. We may have just seen it.

Comment

• Bloomsburg's live feed is incredible. This is like HD. I noticed it last night. I've never seen a feed this clear and bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Bloomsburg's live feed is incredible. This is like HD. I noticed it last night. I've never seen a feed this clear and bright.
          Yes, it’s really good. This will be better than any of the conference championship football games tonight. None of them excite me.

Comment

Yes, it’s really good. This will be better than any of the conference championship football games tonight. None of them excite me.
            Joe losing would make this about a perfect day lol

Comment

• IUP 35
              Bloom 23

Half

Comment

Joe losing would make this about a perfect day lol
                No chance of that tonight.

Decent half for IUP, especially on the defensive end. I’m starting to worry that they don’t have an identity on offense. It’s a little of this and a little of that with little purpose. At one stretch they picked up the tempo, but I thought they were just trying to get themselves going. Every time Shawndale hits the floor I hold my breath. Tomiwa is MIA so far. Bethea needs to let go and play. He still looks a little stiff out there and he passes up a lot of open shots. Kind of reminds me of Dallas last year initially.

Comment

Decent half for IUP, especially on the defensive end. I’m starting to worry that they don’t have an identity on offense. It’s a little of this and a little of that with little purpose. At one stretch they picked up the tempo, but I thought they were just trying to get themselves going. Every time Shawndale hits the floor I hold my breath. Tomiwa is MIA so far. Bethea needs to let go and play. He still looks a little stiff out there and he passes up a lot of open shots. Kind of reminds me of Dallas last year initially.
                  I wonder if Tomiwa has a glitch because KJ played a lot in the first half

Comment

Their offensive identity is feed Ethan, David or Shawndale and everybody else get out of the way. Tomiwa clean everything up.

Joe even said they don't run any plays for Tomiwa. That seems nuts to me.

They'd be way more explosive if they ran stuff for all five players.

They may. I definitely think the offense has some evolving to do.

One more game after this and Diop returns.

Comment

• Joe woke them up. The dunk show has started.

Comment

Joe woke them up. The dunk show has started.
                        That second dunk by Brooks was insane. He showed some explosiveness. If he can come on and contribute, even if it’s 5 ppg consistently, that would be huge. He’s a freak athlete. I wish his frame was a little wider, but he showed flashes tonight of the type of player he can be. It’s going to be a really cold winter in Bloomsburg. Yikes.

Comment

That second dunk by Brooks was insane. He showed some explosiveness. If he can come on and contribute, even if it’s 5 ppg consistently, that would be huge. He’s a freak athlete. I wish his frame was a little wider, but he showed flashes tonight of the type of player he can be. It’s going to be a really cold winter in Bloomsburg. Yikes.
                          Brooks is interesting because he's getting better each game. You can see him coming out of his shell each time out. But, after the PSU-Altoona game, Diop returns.

Logic would say KJ will become the 10th man and Diop enters the 'big' rotation.

Diop is a tremendous rebounding, shot-blocking and defensive upgrade -- and gives Joe an athletic 6'10" option.

I'd assume KJ will still play some as Joe likes him but I'd assume he will move back out to guard. He's a good utility player down the bench but when they finally hit full force the minutes will be sparse.

Comment

• With Augusta losing, Joe should move up one spot in the meaningless poll.

Comment

With Augusta losing, Joe should move up one spot in the meaningless poll.
                              I wonder how many times they cheated already. That still irritates me, but I guess not as much as the seven footer that dominated the game.

Comment

I wonder how many times they cheated already. That still irritates me, but I guess not as much as the seven footer that dominated the game.
                                The big boy is still there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X