Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I love when you get a chirper (see No. 2 and No. 3 from WCU) and then all the sudden they realize Tomiwa is standing in front of them. They back off pretty quickly. He doesn't take any crap.

Tort would die to have Tomiwa at either DE or WR. Perhaps both.

Unlike the Dante era teams that would get tangled in this crap constantly but couldn't really back it up, physically, you better be smart tangling with this IUP team. They have some strong, nasty dudes on this team. This team isn't getting bullied. I can assure that.
    I would agree. Dante and Cobo weren’t tough like Tomiwa and Co.

Thoughts:
    * Diop not getting in till late is head scratching.
    * I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll ever see the old Ethan again.
    * I still can’t believe we can’t get Tomiwa more/better scoring looks.
    * Bethea is a pest on D but he has a lot of work to do on offense.
    * KJ, why? The kid wouldn’t even be top 8 at PSU Altoona.
    * Brooks slowly getting going. Ethan not at 100% is helping this kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I would agree. Dante and Cobo weren’t tough like Tomiwa and Co.

Thoughts:
      * Diop not getting in till late is head scratching.
      * I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll ever see the old Ethan again.
      * I still can’t believe we can’t get Tomiwa more/better scoring looks.
      * Bethea is a pest on D but he has a lot of work to do on offense.
      * KJ, why? The kid wouldn’t even be top 8 at PSU Altoona.
      * Brooks slowly getting going. Ethan not at 100% is helping this kid.

I remember on the 16-17 team ... Hutton would start all that crap every game and then Dante would end up getting launched in to Row 4. That team had more dust-ups than any basketball team I've ever seen.

Back to modern times:

They don't run any plays for Tomiwa -- which, is amazingly odd. Everything he gets is off the scrap heap.

I think Joe has the red light on Bethea -- shooting-wise. He doesn't even look to score. He's insane with the ball for a true freshman. He could be getting to the hoop a lot if they'd let him. He's still got a little 'deer in the headlights' and I think he's still 'thinking' instead of 'playing'. That should continue to evolve as the weeks go by. Not too many true freshmen play here so there's an adjustment.

What we saw last night with Ethan could be what we see for a while -- 20-22 minutes. Brooks brings a lot of energy on the defensive end and on the glass. Obviously, Ethan can be so disruptive on the offensive end. I'll tell you what, though, West Chester was paying a lot of attention to Brooks after his dunk show against Kutztown. He's going to play a big role down the stretch -- mostly in Joe's infamous 'garbage man' role. Him and Ethan switching on and off is disruptive -- Ethan can drain the deep shots and Brooks can put you on a poster. It's a tough combo for opposing bigs to keep defending such different styles.

I'd have put Ousmane in with 15 minutes to go. They were up 29 mid-way through the second half and still had all five starters in the game (in some combination).

Dallis is a really special defender. Polce is playing really well, too, but there's only so many minutes.

Comment

Walk-ons just got b*tch slapped in first half. Gonna play dirty that's what you get.
        Looks like the walk-ons did a little sh*t kickin' on the blue-blood elite in the 2nd half.

Comment

Walk-ons just got b*tch slapped in first half. Gonna play dirty that's what you get.
          West Chester games almost always are, shall we say — interesting. I remember Fite being about as worked up as I've ever seen him at the end of the game out there last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

West Chester games almost always are, shall we say — interesting. I remember Fite being about as worked up as I've ever seen him at the end of the game out there last season.
            They have a lot of talent but just go through long stretches of chaotic playground ball. They'd be fairly scary if they could put a full 40 together (or, even 32) -- good size, very athletic, fast. That is an extremely streaky shooting team. They'll hit some NBA treys and then can't hit the side of a barn for 5 minutes.

Blair about lost his mind in the first half. They stayed in the locker room at halftime forever. They came out with about 20 seconds on the clock.

Comment

They have a lot of talent but just go through long stretches of chaotic playground ball. They'd be fairly scary if they could put a full 40 together (or, even 32) -- good size, very athletic, fast. That is an extremely streaky shooting team. They'll hit some NBA treys and then can't hit the side of a barn for 5 minutes.

Blair about lost his mind in the first half. They stayed in the locker room at halftime forever. They came out with about 20 seconds on the clock.
              I'll just say there are a couple of coaches in the East whom you enjoy beating — and hate losing to — more than others.

Comment

• Joe got to Santa Clause with no losses. A tough stretch awaits after the break.

Next 5:

@ Millersville - Marauders are tough at home.

Seton Hill - Used to be a night off. Not any longer.

Mercyhurst - KCAC adding XANAX to the menu for one night only

@ Gannon - Remember when this was the game IUP circled every year? Seems like a long time ago.

@ Pitt-Johnstown - Prepare in advance for about 50 IUP fans to tune in and completely crash the broadcast. Yearly tradition. That, and, of course, 4" to 6" of snow to fall starting at game time. Closest road game and nobody ever goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Looks like the walk-ons did a little sh*t kickin' on the blue-blood elite in the 2nd half.
                  Apparently you only looked at the box score. If IUP felt like it, they could have won by 30+. It looked like a cat toying with a mouse. Every once in the while the mouse looks like it might get away, but the outcome isn’t in doubt. Here’s to hoping though I guess…

Comment

Joe got to Santa Clause with no losses. A tough stretch awaits after the break.

Next 5:

@ Millersville - Marauders are tough at home.

Seton Hill - Used to be a night off. Not any longer.

Mercyhurst - KCAC adding XANAX to the menu for one night only

@ Gannon - Remember when this was the game IUP circled every year? Seems like a long time ago.

@ Pitt-Johnstown - Prepare in advance for about 50 IUP fans to tune in and completely crash the broadcast. Yearly tradition. That, and, of course, 4" to 6" of snow to fall starting at game time. Closest road game and nobody ever goes.
                    I suspect we’ll see a highly motivated IUP down in Johnstown this trip. We saw what happened when UPJ came to IUP after Rukavina’s little dance in the first meeting. The Gannon game may end up tighter than expected as it’s sandwiched between Hurst and UPJ. That said, IUP seems to play well in Erie.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

I suspect we’ll see a highly motivated IUP down in Johnstown this trip. We saw what happened when UPJ came to IUP after Rukavina’s little dance in the first meeting. The Gannon game may end up tighter than expected as it’s sandwiched between Hurst and UPJ. That said, IUP seems to play well in Erie.
                      UPJ got them at a very good time last year up there shortly after Shawndale went down.

Ruk's two wins against Joe have both come under similar circumstances.

But, yeah, they'll be ready for that one.

Comment

• IUP is now #1.

https://iupathletics.com/news/2022/1...ibextid=Zxz2cZ

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

You definitely only looked at the box score. Joe was putting out some crazy line ups trying to see what some young guys could do while trying to keep some vets healthy/rested. They game was never in doubt. What happened in Vegas?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                            It's nice for the Twitter world and all. Let's just make sure Joe is ready for Millersville.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                              Even though it’s early in the season and national polls are fairly meaningless in D2, there’s still something kind of cool about it. For all the success the program has had it’s kind of amazing it has happened in over 25 years.

Comment

It's nice for the Twitter world and all. Let's just make sure Joe is ready for Millersville.
                                It's a feather in the cap for IUP and it doesn't hurt that a little of it rubs off on the PSAC. They'll have to avoid injury problems, and it would be nice if they can get Porterfield closer to 100 percent when the playoffs roll around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X