Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Iup basketball

Actually the basketball side is much more civil than the football side. We only get the occasional troll such as yourself.

Comment

When you say troll, is that message board jargon for someone who obviously knows what they are talking about? HPE & PE is the only thing that's been disputed?

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
        I feel like I've won the internet today, you guys never go this quietly. Have you softened in 2018?
        Nope, you're just clueless! If Joe intimidates refs, then how has this IUP team spent the whole year in foul trouble? You're way off base and your comments were way off base for this game also. Hence IUP had two foul outs and two other guys with 4.

Comment

How do the same 7 IUP fans who know everything about football, also know everything about basketball? That must be some PE department IUP has?

If you were at the game, you'd have noticed that the gentlemen in striped shirts are a bit intimidated by the used car salesman by day, mafia hitman by night, that rooms the IUP sideline. Despite his boyish looks, he his a great coach, but that team isn't very good at all. I've never seen a game in my life, were the bigs were allowed to play through the backs of the opposing players? Is that because of Joe? Or they don't want to swim with the fishes?

As for Staunch, he did score over 2,000 points in High School. A great win for the Indiana Bears on the road, yet they are still the victims? Win, lose or draw, at least you guys know that the rest of the world has it out for you?
          I was at the game and I never thought the referees were intimidated in the least bit by joe or anyone else. I never got the impression that staunch was a goon or played dirty. He is a physical presence on defensive boards but often clogs the paint for the edinboro guards to drive to the hoop. His skill set is very limited on the d2 level. Both teams played hard and someone had to lose.

Comment

2 post players, played 78 minutes committing 3 fouls. "The Goon" played 17 minutes and was called for 4 fouls. Perimeter fouls were virtually even. Diaz & Brandwijk repeatedly played through the backs of the Edinboro post players. Does IUP win if Diaz is in foul trouble? Reading a box score and cheering doesn't add up to understanding

Comment

2 post players, played 78 minutes committing 3 fouls. "The Goon" played 17 minutes and was called for 4 fouls. Perimeter fouls were virtually even. Diaz & Brandwijk repeatedly played through the backs of the Edinboro post players. Does IUP win if Diaz is in foul trouble? Reading a box score and cheering doesn't add up to understanding
              Interesting... did Diaz guard the post at all in this game? It looked like Diaz was on Liggins most of the game and Willem and Danielek guarded the paint. I'd love to see these guarded through the backs you're yacking about.

Comment

For actual discussion purposes ...

Cobo rarely ever gets in foul trouble. Most games he plays 37-39 minutes and maybe gets to 3 fouls.

Willem has been playing pretty clean lately. His foul counts have been way down the past 5-6 games.

That said, it would be uncommon for two bigs to play 78 minutes with three fouls but not impossible.

Blake, the other IUP big, had four fouls in 12 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  For actual discussion purposes ...

Cobo rarely ever gets in foul trouble. Most games he plays 37-39 minutes and maybe gets to 3 fouls.

Willem has been playing pretty clean lately. His foul counts have been way down the past 5-6 games.

That said, it would be uncommon for two bigs to play 78 minutes with three fouls but not impossible.

Blake, the other IUP big, had four fouls in 12 minutes.
                  This " voice of reason" didn't even know who was guarding who. Danielek played the post and had 4 fouls but yet he never mentioned his name as a post player. This guy knows nothing!!!

Comment

Box score shows Staunch called for no fouls.

Comment

Actually read the box score, 25 of 27 Boro FTs came via dribble penetration players Mason & Liggins. And I'm not saying it was a poorly officiated game, but the style was certainly not in favor of Edinboro. The 3 IUP post players only attempted 5 FTs.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Interesting... did Diaz guard the post at all in this game? It looked like Diaz was on Liggins most of the game and Willem and Danielek guarded the paint. I'd love to see these guarded through the backs you're yacking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Box score shows Staunch called for no fouls.
                          You are correct, and I believe that magnifies my point

Comment

Imagine if they did ... team would be nasty.

Comment

A stretch 4 who could shoot it from 15 feet, pick & pop action would be impossible to defend

Comment

They had Andre Frederick a six nine center from Robert Morris last season. He was listed as a junior last season but obviously left the program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X