Re: Iup basketball

This feed is awful. Wow.

But ... better than no feed.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    When I was at IUP that was about the coolest movie out ... I think 1999. It was good the first time.
    Yup, 1999. I saw it at the Regency Mall theatre. I was intrigued enough on how it was made with a small budget and that brought me in as much as the storyline. It was a good film. Really different.

-

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Alright at least that wasn't just me. Tried watching the Boro game the other night and had to turn it off. Reminded me of trying to watch something on Real Player using dial up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

When I was at IUP that was about the coolest movie out ... I think 1999. It was good the first time.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Better than nothing. I watched a bit of the Charleston at Boro game. The quality is what is ... I'm just glad they have something. It isn't any worse than Gannon's snapchat / Blair Witch feed. Golden89 needs to get that upgraded!

It's certainly the game of the day on the men's side. The rest of the games today are kind of blah.

IUP has to survive the big run. Boro is too talented at guard. It will happen. I look for Joe to get Cobo and Willem heavily involved early. Boro is going to have a mismatch at one guard spot. I assume Hutton and Malik will get Leggins. Glover gets Mason.

Hate to say this but this is a HUGE one for IUP. Both teams.

Cal returns to Seton Hill today. That was a thriller last year in Greensburg. Mercy at UPJ isn't a terrible game. Gannon should hang 30 on Clarion. Nothing real exciting in the East.

I could see Bloom giving ESU a game. Bloom is much better than people think. So is Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

I'll warn you about Edinboro's feed. They have two fixed cameras from the top booth then pipe in the radio feed. Video quality isn't great either.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

We don't talk about it a lot but this women's game is a great one ... national-level game.

I have some question of how tested Tom's team actually is .... avg margin of victory near 29.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I was thinking they may have come up last night. It appears by late afternoon it should be OK. By going yesterday they could have avoided all this. That's my guess.

Leaving this morning would have been very difficult.

This live feed should get a good rating (not that there is one) ... not much else to do today.

I already had a sled riding shift. Hopefully not another one!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

IUP athletics account just tweeted a game preview. I bet they left earlier than usual and will just take their time getting up there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Indiana got hit hard over night. I will be shocked if they travel today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

To quote my favorite 'coach speak' coach of all time ... The expectations are the expectations.

Good old, Mike Tomlin.

I think when you have the fancy arena, the full scholarship allotment, the history, the big coach, the financial support, etc., ... it comes with high expectations. When you have all those luxuries ... there are no rebuilding years. This was a preseason No. 3 team in both polls -- granted that was obviously premature.

You can make a clear case right now IUP has played 6 very good basketball teams. I'm not ready to call Slippery Rock a 'very good' team yet as they've lost to all three good teams they've played. But, of the six very good basketball teams IUP has played this year, they are 1-5 in those games. Three of the losses were right there to win in the final minute. Twice they were blown out (Findlay and WCU). Findlay was the first game with injury issues. If they'd play again this week it wouldn't be a 20-point margin. The day at WCU ... WCU went bonkers. Again, a rematch likely would be much closer.

I agree it's not an elite team. The frustrating part to many of us is that's it's not that far off from being one -- in reality, probably one player. Put DeVante Chance on this team and it is an elite team.

Let's not forget this team has Cobo Diaz (an elite small forward) and Anthony Glover (great senior guard) along with a good supporting cast. Willem, despite not getting the pub, is turning in to a monster under the basket. There are certainly some weaknesses.

Joe seems to keep mentioning the Armoni Foster injury as a major issue to this team. I don't see it. By all reports Foster is a nice player but was he really going to be counted on this year as a true freshman? Was Dante going to sit for him? We see how Jalen Vaughns is being handled.

Depth is no doubt killing this team against the top competition. But, the No. 1 factor, by far, is the turnover issue. It just won't go away. It's already cost them three games.

But, they aren't adding DeVante Chance for the trip to Edinboro tomorrow. I said the other day I think the goal for this team is to win the West. From there it's a bonus. Nobody would want to play them. On the right night they are a dangerous team -- big, fast, can shoot, move the ball well, etc.

The problem is they just can't quit moving the ball well to the other team (or bleachers / empty spaces).

Who knows. I'm a believer things eventually balance out. Teams can't stay hot all night. Teams can't stay cold all night, either. Perhaps IUP is getting the close losses out of its system. You'd rather win the close games in March than December. Heck, this team has already played in 7 playoff-like games this year. Problem is the close losses add up. Too many more ... and IUP will turn in to a pumpkin.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-12-2018, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I caught some of the conclusion of the IUP men's game the other night against East Stroud. I would have to say that this year's edition is simply not an elite team like some of Bravado Joe's teams have been in the past. I think perhaps the expectations need to be lowered a bit from what you expect of them this season.

That's a loaded little paragraph.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I caught some of the conclusion of the IUP men's game the other night against East Stroud. I would have to say that this year's edition is simply not an elite team like some of Bravado Joe's teams have been in the past. I think perhaps the expectations need to be lowered a bit from what you expect of them this season.

Big test coming up for the IUP women here with successive games at Boro and at Cal. Certainly they have an outstanding record but we are going to see if they are for real or if this is just more of the same that we have got in years past with them. You have a nice enough team and a good record and then you play a PSAC West heavy like a Cal, a Gannon, or a Boro and then you get completely destroyed. Hopefully this year's team can meet the challenge much better than what has been done in recent program history. It will be a good barometer of where they truly stand.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I truly think IUP will go 5-0 in the next stretch. Those are all winnable games. Boro will be tough but play hard D and that should neutralize those guards some.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X