• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Looks like the guy woke them up
    We saw quite a bit of this from IUP last year. They’d look disinterested in the first half and then come out blazing in the second. I don’t know if that speaks to Joe’s halftime adjustments or just kids not tipping off fully ready to play. I also seem to recall Joe doing a fair amount of experimenting in the pre-conference part of the schedule. It was maddening at times because I thought a few teams got too close for comfort, but it’s pretty hard to question the results.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Ethan is a warrior. Best wishes toward him. He played most of last year ill and lost 30+ pounds over the course of the season ... and still made the Region team and got Regional MVP. Amazing.

His three game-clincher in the regional final was the biggest moment ever inside the KCAC.

He's playing today. No surprise. I assume his endurance will take some time to fully return.
    I can’t wait to see the fully healthy version of Ethan play. Unreal what it turns out he was dealing with last winter. That IUP team was more beat up that most people realize. Here’s to better health in 2022-23.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    He was also smart and sat Ethan once they got up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    To only be down 5 with how lost they looked on D and how sloppy on offense is a feat in itself. Joe better clean it up at half.
    Looked like an intramural team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    To only be down 5 with how lost they looked on D and how sloppy on offense is a feat in itself. Joe better clean it up at half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I've never seen an IUP team under Joe look so lost and helpless on defense. Goodness. Hopefully he lights some fires at halftime.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Turned it off. They look awful. Off to football game.

WTF is joe doing with these lineups? My God.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Covid crowd

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Interesting Polce starting over Dillard. Didn't see that coming. But, Dillard will thrive in that 6th man spot. I assume their minutes will be equal.

Tough weekend.. I think today will be more challenging than many think.
    I actually think Polce will start most of the year just to have the scoring weapon guard coming off the bench. Bethea won't score much away from the rim. His jumper needs work.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    From Tony C.'s preview story:
    Ethan is a warrior. Best wishes toward him. He played most of last year ill and lost 30+ pounds over the course of the season ... and still made the Region team and got Regional MVP. Amazing.

His three game-clincher in the regional final was the biggest moment ever inside the KCAC.

He's playing today. No surprise. I assume his endurance will take some time to fully return.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-12-2022, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied
    From Tony C.'s preview story:

There’s no hiding the horizontal scar on Ethan Porterfield’s neck. It’s fresh, smack-dab in the middle, a couple inches long, the result of a surgical procedure performed only two weeks ago to remove a tumor on a parathyroid gland that is believed to be non-cancerous.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Interesting Polce starting over Dillard. Didn't see that coming. But, Dillard will thrive in that 6th man spot. I assume their minutes will be equal.

Tough weekend.. I think today will be more challenging than many think.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Now that makes more sense. It also explains why he got no looks in the portal. Brooks should be seeing more minutes then.
    Hey, at least we got some team news

... on the morning of the opener. Better (very) late than never.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Now that makes more sense. It also explains why he got no looks in the portal. Brooks should be seeing more minutes then.
    It makes foul trouble a little more scary these first 8 games or so. Remember their semester ends early so Diop should be back for the two games before XMAS.

You'll see KJ banging some glass until then.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X