X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gritty win. FSU battled hard. They have some nice players.

I thought right when they got up 19 and FSU went on that 11-0 run that Joe called the dogs off. They did that last week, too.
    I think the only team FSU beats in this regional is Fairmont State. They were gritty, but not deep in material. The point guard had that stretch of three consecutive threes to make it interesting for a couple minutes, but they never really threatened to win.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gritty win. FSU battled hard. They have some nice players.

I thought right when they got up 19 and FSU went on that 11-0 run that Joe called the dogs off. They did that last week, too.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?
    The called it the Atlantic Regional Special Edition.

I'm sure some of the teams will arrive today. Perhaps old Jack has some special guests lined up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).
    Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I meant I had to guess for the season value of ~0.95
    Season value was 361 offensive rebounds. I came up with 1.055 ppp for ship.
    If correct, it makes iup's defense even more impressive!

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Offensive rebounds were 18. Your calculation was perfect. This level of defense against a quality opponent can get a team to the Evansville finals!
    I meant I had to guess for the season value of ~0.95

Leave a comment:

• Columbuseer
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

IUP held Ship to 0.74 ppp, season average is probably about 0.95 - had to guess at the offensive rebounds.
    Offensive rebounds were 18. Your calculation was perfect. This level of defense against a quality opponent can get a team to the Evansville finals!

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I am not questioning the strength of IUP's defense. However, scoring can be affected by pace of play. IMHO, points per possession (ppp) is a better stat. If they are holding teams under 1.0 that is good. Under 0.9 is great!
    IUP held Ship to 0.74 ppp, season average is probably about 0.95 - had to guess at the offensive rebounds.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X