X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    '18-'19 team ... says payback time.

Let's not pretend IUP doesn't remember that night 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Fayetteville State head coach Luke D'Alessio's comments after the game:

"It's a different level that we're not used to yet," he said. "Three years ago, we lost the CIAA championship by one point That experience helped us win the next time. But you can't get an experience like this until you play it."

"IUP is a tremendous program," he said. "They have a chance to win a national championship."

"The thing that makes them tough is they play both ends," D'Alessio said. "They're a tough defensive team, but then they have some great offensive sets and some great offensive players and they're well coached."

"We gave it everything we had. We made some mistakes and they'll make you pay for every mistake you make."

"It's been a great experience."

----------

"Our hats go off to Fayetteville," IUP coach Joe Lombardi said. "Tough team, competitive team: They wouldn't go away. Well-coached, they play with great purpose on both sides of the ball."

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    By the way, I really enjoyed listening to the IUP kids who did the 3 non-IUP games. As far as student announcers go, they did a very nice job. Hats off to those young men.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    By the way, I really enjoyed listening to the IUP kids who did the 3 non-IUP games. As far as student announcers go, they did a very nice job. Hats off to those young men.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Gritty win. FSU battled hard. They have some nice players.

I thought right when they got up 19 and FSU went on that 11-0 run that Joe called the dogs off. They did that last week, too.
    I think the only team FSU beats in this regional is Fairmont State. They were gritty, but not deep in material. The point guard had that stretch of three consecutive threes to make it interesting for a couple minutes, but they never really threatened to win.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Gritty win. FSU battled hard. They have some nice players.

I thought right when they got up 19 and FSU went on that 11-0 run that Joe called the dogs off. They did that last week, too.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe basically implied on the show tonight that they are playing Kentucky on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?
    The called it the Atlantic Regional Special Edition.

I'm sure some of the teams will arrive today. Perhaps old Jack has some special guests lined up.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).
    Oh wow, they said the last Hawk Talk was the last for the year. I guess they changed their minds?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Hawk Talk tonight live at Hilton (you can listen on radio or watch live online).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X