Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Some updated stats for the new rotation (this does not count the Pitt-Greensburg stat-pad game ... only the five D2 games)

These numbers include the post-Shawndale games (Millersville, Shepherd, Shippensburg, @California and @Lock Haven).

PPG - 73.8
    PPG Against - 63.8

Scoring breakdown:
    PLAYER PPG
    Armoni Foster 19.4
    David Morris 14.0
    Kyle Polce 2.2
    Ethan Porterfield 19.8
    Tommy Demogerontas 11.0
    REST OF BENCH 7.4

Some positives:

* After scoring just 6 and 5 points in the first two games of this stretch, Morris's output has exploded. The past three games he's went for 17, 22 and 20. So, it certainly appears he's transitioning to his new role as a scorer. His last three game films are going to make teams well aware he's capable of big nights.

* Many may not realize it, but Ethan Porterfield is leading the PSAC in 3-pt percentage -- hitting 50% on 56 attempts. That's a nice luxury to have in a 6'9" D2 Center.

* The obvious scoring dip is the 5th starter (Polce) and the bench, combined, are scoring just 9.6 ppg. Getting that up to even 15 ppg would be an incredible boost to the main four scorers.

* Team scoring has dropped about 25 ppg compared to the first (7) games. The defense was giving up in the low 60s during the first (7) games and has remained steady on overall average (largely due to holding Shepherd to just 46 points and Millersville to just 58 points). The last three outings they have given up 72, 71 and 72 points.

* IUP's FT percentage has improved to 80% during this span

* On the positive, a lot of this lineups defensive issues are correctable -- and have mostly been self-inflicted.

* Turnovers have actually come down to 13.8 per game, but that's mostly the result of a much slower pace and less possessions. They can easily cut 3-4 per game by reducing the high-risk long passes. These wild passes have been a disaster post-Shawndale.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Unless about 80 of those 113 were all seated behind the cameras ... they must have counted the players, coaches and officials in that number.

Of course, a 1 p.m. tip on a work day isn't too likely to draw well.
    I'm always curious about the counts. At some places it seems they have their thumb on the scale (like yesterday perhaps). Other times--such as most WLU games--it feels like they undercount. There are many WLU games where it's a virtual packed house and the number comes back at, say, 550 or something like that. It's almost like they counted tickets not heads (but students, staff, & VIP donors not needing tickets means that 550 tickets was probably more like 1200 heads). It'd be nice if there were a standard and that standard were followed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It's funny that they weren't afraid to let all those rabid Clarion fans in the house. Lol

The box score listed 113 as yesterday's attendance, so if 120 show up for IUP, I guess it'll be a "packed house."
    Unless about 80 of those 113 were all seated behind the cameras ... they must have counted the players, coaches and officials in that number.

Of course, a 1 p.m. tip on a work day isn't too likely to draw well.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied

In a gym that size 60 fans can still make a difference.

Heck, 120 would be a big crowd at some PSAC schools. Lol

The timing, however, is very suspect -- especially when they had a home game today.
    It's funny that they weren't afraid to let all those rabid Clarion fans in the house. Lol

The box score listed 113 as yesterday's attendance, so if 120 show up for IUP, I guess it'll be a "packed house."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    In a gym that size 60 fans can still make a difference.

Heck, 120 would be a big crowd at some PSAC schools. Lol

The timing, however, is very suspect -- especially when they had a home game today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.
    Two

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Not sure how the "player pass" works. I assume each player probably gets 2-4 tickets.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Quite a coincidence, huh?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.
    Quite a coincidence, huh?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.
    Amazing how the policy kicks into effect the day they are suppose to play IUP knowing they were bringing a crowd.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!
    Mercyhurst just announced that the only fans allowed will be required to be on the "player pass list" and that previously purchased tickets or season tickets can be refunded.

Wow. Here we go again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The men's game against Slippery Rock, originally scheduled for tonight, has been moved to next Monday (1/17).

As of now, IUP's game Saturday against Gannon is still on for 3 p.m. IUP has asked Gannon, however, to move the women's game to Sunday.

Not an easy break for Tom after taking two weeks off.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.
    I did presale for my tickets because I heard that about Hurst 3 weeks ago. I'm ready to roll!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll say this, IUP should have a large crowd on Wednesday. With David, Armoni and Ethan on the squad it should fill quite a few seats!

One thing to keep in mind ... I put on the the first couple minutes of the Clarion/Mercy game at lunch. The broadcaster said Mercyhurst is limiting attendance in order to combat Covid. They have the seating pushed in behind the benches. So, get there early. As you said that place is small to begin with now.

First time I noticed, too, Mercyhurst is starting (4) guards and only playing Cam Gross (6'5") underneath. That's quite a contrast to some of the gigantic Lakers' lineups of the past.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X