• Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I will say, there are very few people on Earth who I'd trust with an open three more than I trust Jake Biss. The one he nailed with three minutes left was an absolute dagger.
    He's one of those guys who can make a difference. Without him, I think Ship had a good team that probably would have won more than half its games. With him, they become a contender for the East Division. It enables the Raiders to bring Johnson off the bench as a great sixth man and takes pressure off all the other players.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    I will say, there are very few people on Earth who I'd trust with an open three more than I trust Jake Biss. The one he nailed with three minutes left was an absolute dagger.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    As I alluded to on the other thread, I still think your gang beats us more often than not. But I do believe we were looking at a pair of PSAC Final Four teams there.
    Agree with this thread on both points, IF the PSAC teams can avoid additional injury and Covid problems in the next couple of months, which is starting to seem like a bigger and bigger if.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    As I alluded to on the other thread, I still think your gang beats us more often than not. But I do believe we were looking at a pair of PSAC Final Four teams there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'm pretty sure Jones is redshirting now, too. And you saw today what that means.
    Great game by Ship. Biss was unreal.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    I'm pretty sure Jones is redshirting now, too. And you saw today what that means.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    With wins over Gannon and IUP, Shepherd obviously becomes the clear favorite for the PSAC women's crown. Ship might have had a shot at them with Jones, although it would have been tough, but I can't see the Raiders matching Shepherd's firepower now. And Sunday they'll get an irritated IUP squad.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Classic trap games for IUP and Shippensburg today.

Better not be looking ahead.

Looking closer at Shepherd ... that 5-4 record is really deceiving. Couple bounces the other way and they are 7-2 or 8-1.

IUP should win today but I'm expecting a scrappy game. The Rams love to play old school West style. IUP will need to get the game going faster.

Hard to beat the ladies' game. 9-0 vs 9-0

Tom isn't overly deep underneath. Maura D'Anna has to stay clean. Just her being on the floor opens things up for Tom's array of shooters.
    Trap game? Heck, the way this season has been going I'm thrilled with the win over UPJ. We'll just roll the dice tomorrow. Even with its obvious big loss at guard, IUP probably has the league's best talent.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Thank you for saying it.

My translation ... Tom has a mess. I was hinting at it the past couple weeks. Today finally showed it.

Not a mess like they'll lose a lot, but unless something changes, they'll lose against 'good' teams a lot.

Hate to say 'soft' ... but, well, soft.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tuesday night was a whistle festival. Today they let them pulverize each other.

Shepherd went 2-2 at the FT line. All day. Not sure I've ever seen a game with 2 FT attempts by one team in 40 minutes.

IUP hit 11 of 14.

Porterfield had another massive day with 16 pts, 14 boards and 3 blocks.

Demo went for 14 and 8

Armoni had 19 pts, 7 boards and 3 blocks

Radford finsihed with 8 points -- hitting two timely treys.

IUP won the glass by 20, 42 to 22.

Shepherd is a scrappy bunch. They played pretty well. IUP had a late 13-0 run to blow it open.

I'd have to look it up but I cannot remember the last time IUP held a conference opponent in the 40s.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe won 65-46

Suffocating D

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Classic trap games for IUP and Shippensburg today.

Better not be looking ahead.

Looking closer at Shepherd ... that 5-4 record is really deceiving. Couple bounces the other way and they are 7-2 or 8-1.

IUP should win today but I'm expecting a scrappy game. The Rams love to play old school West style. IUP will need to get the game going faster.

Hard to beat the ladies' game. 9-0 vs 9-0

Tom isn't overly deep underneath. Maura D'Anna has to stay clean. Just her being on the floor opens things up for Tom's array of shooters.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I suspect Sunday will be a big crowd. Ship always travels here well ... lot of WPIAL kids.

Hopefully both teams survive tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X