• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    What a waste!!! I could only get the stat tracker. The radio feed was "blacked out."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That's what I figured. IUP and Joe have the horses to do that. Let's get through Westminster and Sciences first. Westminster could be a good game to get Chucky and Marko rolling!!! Marko got a good taste yesterday with Willem in foul trouble but we need more from Chucky!!!
    Not sure what to make of Humphries so far ... haven't seen too much of him. He's right in that weird size for D2 ... kind of too small to play underneath and probably not up to the guard level to make the switch. That said you can't take much out of seeing a guy play 4-5 mpg. We all know Joe historically likes to break these new guys in at a snails pace.

I will say from observing both him and Marko it is very apparent they aren't just 'playing' yet. They are 'thinking' way too much.

I wish you could have seen Marko drain that three last night. Talk about form ... guy looked like Larry Bird. Guys around me where all like 'WTF' ... I've seen him shoot two foul shots and a deep trey ... he hasn't touched the rim yet. All net. When that gets cut loose ... look out. Have fun defending a 6'10" guy nailing treys while Cobo is underneath and Malik is slicing and dicing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Control Anthony Lee and control Kutztown.
    That's what I figured. IUP and Joe have the horses to do that. Let's get through Westminster and Sciences first. Westminster could be a good game to get Chucky and Marko rolling!!! Marko got a good taste yesterday with Willem in foul trouble but we need more from Chucky!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

OR Maybe Kutztown isn't as good as advertised. hmmmmm
    Control Anthony Lee and control Kutztown.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

U of Sciences gave Kutztown all it could handle tonight. Looks like that won't be the easy we game we thought next Friday night.
    OR Maybe Kutztown isn't as good as advertised. hmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

U of Sciences gave Kutztown all it could handle tonight. Looks like that won't be the easy we game we thought next Friday night.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    I'd chalk this up to a hangover performance but they were good enough. Got blasted on the boards -- the offensive boards in particular.

Every time Bowie got close IUP was hitting some clutch treys. Bearer had a huge one in the second half and Marko hit one, too.

Marko is getting closer. Can't make a layup but has a beautiful shot. Joe's going to cut him loose some. He's not a banger. He can be a floor spreader, however.

It was one of those games where you could plow somebody linebacker style with no call but breathe on somebody and whistles blew.

I say it yearly: Blows my mind why Bowie doesn't press all 40 minutes. Every run they had came during their press. They also hit the glass hard.

Nice win on a so-so night. They won't all be works of art.

Cobo went for 25 and 13.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'd chalk this up to a hangover performance but they were good enough. Got blasted on the boards -- the offensive boards in particular.

Every time Bowie got close IUP was hitting some clutch treys. Bearer had a huge one in the second half and Marko hit one, too.

Marko is getting closer. Can't make a layup but has a beautiful shot. Joe's going to cut him loose some. He's not a banger. He can be a floor spreader, however.

It was one of those games where you could plow somebody linebacker style with no call but breathe on somebody and whistles blew.

I say it yearly: Blows my mind why Bowie doesn't press all 40 minutes. Every run they had came during their press. They also hit the glass hard.

Nice win on a so-so night. They won't all be works of art.

Cobo went for 25 and 13.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 11-14-2018, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Final

IUP 78
    Bowie 65

Not a work of art but a nice win.

The ladies laid it on Bloom pretty good.
    What a waste!!! I could only get the stat tracker. The radio feed was "blacked out."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Final

IUP 78
    Bowie 65

Not a work of art but a nice win.

The ladies laid it on Bloom pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    No feed tonight. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

The Penn perspective: https://www.thepenn.org/sports/men-s...78f2db038.html

Cobo says anyone can score 20 with this team. He's not wrong.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Bowie started 0-2 with loses to Charleston (89-75) and Glenville State (118-111).

Looks like a standard Bowie team. Athletic. Big.

They are playing a 7-man rotation -- different high-scorers in each game. Six of the seven guys averaging in double figures.

Glenville jumped all over them with a hot-shooting first half (up 15 at half). Bowie made a big run and the game was within 3 points with 30 seconds to play.

I wouldn't read too much in to the 0-2 record. They are always tough -- and a thorn to IUP for whatever reason. They have very quick guards -- which tend to speed up Dante.

Joe is 5-2 career against them -- including two straight wins.

Lot of new faces debuted this past weekend so I'd expect to see some improvement tonight as that was their first game action together.

Darrell Brooks is a very good coach. Don't expect anything easy tonight. He's won in the KCAC before (2015-16) -- a game I'll never forget. IUP was up 23 in the first half and lost the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

What's Bowie have this year?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

What a shame it is that there is no video for tonights game. ugh!!!
    Keep checking. Sometimes they don't add the link until later in the day.

The ladies are home tonight, too, so I'd be shocked if there isn't.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X