X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Waldo isn’t far off. He needs experience. KJ needs to go! Brooks should have that KJ minutes.
    Zero points and five fouls seems pretty far off, but yes, Brooks needs minutes from somewhere and getting a lot of KJ’s makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Nope! BigIndians and myself just text each other the same thing. I don’t understand how Joe doesn’t see it?
    The other problem with KJ in there is he can’t rebound. IUP is getting killed on the boards. He’s too slow to get where he needs to be and he’s not physical enough to make up for it. WHY IS BROOKS RIDING THE PINE?! It’s inexcusable.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Waldo is not ready for basketball at this level. Right now he’s a DIII player. How he’s getting more minutes than Brooks is mind boggling.
    Waldo isn’t far off. He needs experience. KJ needs to go! Brooks should have that KJ minutes.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Waldo is not ready for basketball at this level. Right now he’s a DIII player. How he’s getting more minutes than Brooks is mind boggling.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

KJ enters the game, and NDC goes on a run. Stop me if you heard this one before.
    Nope! BigIndians and myself just text each other the same thing. I don’t understand how Joe doesn’t see it?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Well we got one good half. Time for another nail biter.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

They aren’t in early foul trouble which helps.
    KJ enters the game, and NDC goes on a run. Stop me if you heard this one before.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    This is how I hoped to see Dillard and Stewart step it up on the offensive end.
    They aren’t in early foul trouble which helps.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    This is how I hoped to see Dillard and Stewart step it up on the offensive end.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    We thought they couldn’t possibly play worse than last night and thankfully so far that’s been the case. They are imposing their size advantage on this team.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    IUP by 10 tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
    Maybe 5 years ago, the Hilltoppers lost on opening night to a Kutztown team that finished around .500. That same Hilltopper team improved over the course of the season, and played in the Atlantic Region title game. I wouldn't be surprised if IUP's season this year followed a similar path.
    No chance. This team stinks.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Teddy KGB's official betting line tonight:

ND -5.5

Team Nepotism is a home dog
    I’d take that bet. I think IUP loses by double digits. I hope I’m wrong and yesterday was more of a dress rehearsal, but that’s what I expect.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Topper_Hopper View Post
    Maybe 5 years ago, the Hilltoppers lost on opening night to a Kutztown team that finished around .500. That same Hilltopper team improved over the course of the season, and played in the Atlantic Region title game. I wouldn't be surprised if IUP's season this year followed a similar path.
    Nah, this team is bad. Gaping holes, particularly under the basket. IUP won’t be playing in the NCAA Tournament, let alone the Atlantic Region final.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I think y’all have already said what needed to be said. It’s going to be a really long, cold winter in Indiana. This think was a $hit show from the opening tip. The starting lineup didn’t make any sense. KJ playing all those minutes didn’t make any sense. Not shortening the bench to your best 5-6 guys in crunch time didn’t make sense. Brooks and Waldo didn’t show me anything. Petteno looked like the kid in intramurals that annoying chucks it up all night and doesn’t hit anything. Apparently Furtan is only allowed to dribble and pass.

I get it that there would be some rust and continuity issues but there was ZERO rhythm to the offense. What did they do in practice all summer? Defense was pretty good for the most part but I also think Concord is a bad team.
    Seeing them last night, ND is significantly better than Concord.

However, ND is much smaller than Concord. I don't anticipate IUP shooting 17% again.

If Joe plays to win tonight, I think they can. If he plays to appease friends again, they will lose.

I counted at least 6 offensive possessions IUP had absolutely no idea what it was doing. Perhaps typical for an opening game with so many new faces. Hopefully tonight that maybe happens just twice.

ND's post players are in the 6'4" range but are fast and strong. KJ wil get (AGAIN) eaten alive. Brooks needs heavy minutes tonight.

Joe's a clear dog in his next two so they better win this one.

They have to get Petteno some buckets early because his head has to be all jacked up. He was freaking awful last night.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X