X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think Clarion will hesitate to do anything with Pitts. Obviously they're struggling but they also had trouble filling the women's job, so I doubt they'd want to take the chance that happens with the men's job.
    It would be a tremendous mistake to let him go. I've seen so many teams over the past 30 years take this exact path. Trust me, that will be a very strong team next year. He has a slew of talented freshmen and sophomores. They are so close.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tricky night for you gambling degenerates. All (12) PSAC Tournament spots are clinched, which means (6) teams have to play out the week with no hope of getting to next week. Those are the trickiest teams to bet on or against. Some mail it in and go through the motions. Others keep fighting. Regardless, there is a decent lineup tonight. Gambling problem: call 1-800-Gambler.

Edinboro at Slippery Rock - For those not paying attention, SRU is red hot. The Rock is 6-2 in its past 8 games -- the only losses coming at California and at Gannon (both close games). Edinboro's season is essentially over. The Scots will be left out of the conference tournament. However, it's not likely they'll pack it in under a first-year, energetic head coach. Slippery Rock's Morrow Magic continued over the weekend. The Rock is now 11-1 at home -- and 3-11 on the road. There's no question SRU is the clear favorite tonight. Question is, however, by how many points? The first game was pretty close. Edinboro was unable to close the gap in the final minutes, and, eventually lost, 81-74. For the Scots to hang around in Round 2, they need somebody to score along with Bernie Blunt. All off-season Slippery Rock was viewed as a wild card - a team with a ton of potential. It took a while, but this team has arrived. SRU has a big one at Mercyhurst looming Saturday. But, they better not be looking ahead. Edinboro is a feisty bunch. Rock -9.5

IUP at California - For a brief stretch back on Jan. 29, it appeared IUP was going to pull a fairly big upset against the Vulcans. IUP was rolling. Cal was stumbling. The KCAC was going bonkers. And, then, the worst technical foul of the season came. Jaylen Stewart retaliated against a Cal player, and then allegedly swore at an official. A growing IUP lead quickly vanished -- and, pretty much, so did IUP's season. IUP played exceptionally well that night for about 35 minutes -- or, as well as this particular version of IUP is capable of playing. The Crimson Hawks flustered the Vulcans by playing at a very slow pace. The other killer, of course, was it was the first game all year IUP had to deal with foul trouble. Joe Lomabardi had no choice but to insert his seldom-used bench lawn ornaments. The rest is history. Most think that was IUP's shot. The Vulcans, no surprise, are vastly better, deeper, faster and stronger. IUP is on a two-game skid, fresh off an embarrassing beatdown at Slippery Rock. So, the question is what kind of effort will we see from Redshirt Joe and company tonight inside Angelo's Dome? Will it matter? There's not one thing that points in IUP's favor tonight. A two-man team can't beat a 9-man team. Somebody not named Porterfield or Clarke has to help IUP tonight. Vulcans run it up. Cal -19.5

Mercyhurst at Clarion - The Golden Eagles were so close this year. When you look back at their results, Clarion lost so many single digit games. Youth played a big part. The Golden Eagles' rotation is almost exclusively freshmen and sophomores. If they can hold this group together, better days are coming. That's a promise. The guests in Tippin tonight are -- by their standards - having an incredibly bad season. Mercyhurst makes the short trip with a 13-15 overall record. The Lakers, in fact, looked totally disinterested this past Saturday while getting hammered at California. Mercyhurst did clinch a spot in the tournament -- either the 5 or 6 seed. The Lakers are an odd bunch. They have the talent to get hot (as we've seen this year). Something, however, tells me the congregation isn't listening to the preacher. Here's your upset special of the night. Clarion gets a big win. Golden Eagles -1.5

Seton Hill at Pitt-Johnstown - Much like Slippery Rock, Seton Hill is catching fire at the perfect time. Both will be very dangerous teams next week. UPJ, on the other hand, has suffered through its most painful season in decades. Most knew it was coming. The Mountain Cats are incredibly young, lack depth and have little size. Next year should be better. Tonight, however, will not be. One team is gearing up. The other can't wait for about 5 p.m. Saturday. Griffins drop the hammer. Seton Hill -10.5

West Chester at Millersville - This is the game of the night in the PSAC. The Marauders currently sit atop the East, but, make no mistake, a very dangerous team is on the way to town. Millersville is fresh off a highly-emotional win against East Stroudsburg. Could we see a bit of a hangover tonight? The visiting Rams are playing at a high level of late. WCU is a team certainly capable of making a run next week. In fact, these two could play again next Wednesday. Millersville is NCAA-bound, but West Chester is a problematic match-up. The Rams can match the Marauders' size at both the forward and guard positions. West Chester can play up-tempo, slow or its preferred playground style. The problem is the Rams don't seem to show up every night. Millersville won the first meeting, 89-86. Expect a similar outcome tonight. The Marauders likely get the win, but, don't be shocked if WCU pulls it out. The 'Ville -3.5

Lock Haven at Bloomsburg - The Bald Eagles can afford no slip-ups if they want an invite to the big dance. Lock Haven currently sits on the deep NCAA bubble. Bloomsburg had its moments this year (not many) but injuries have sent an already shaky team in to a total tailspin. That said, the Huskies have a way of keeping most games close. Their 'junk' defenses cause some confusion, and, on certain nights, they can get pretty hot from outside. So long at Lock Haven isn't looking ahead to Millersville on Saturday, this should be a run-away. Bald Eagles -14.5

East Stroudsburg at Kutztown - This won't be a pretty game to watch. The Warriors are surely a fired up team fresh off a loss at Millersville. Kutztown's biggest concern in the coming days will be if its freshmen enter the transfer portal next week. This has UGLY written all over it. ESU won the first game by 29 points. Sounds about right here. Warriors -25.5

Shepherd at Shippensburg - The Raiders have had a tough stretch. Perhaps a rival visiting will break their funk. The Rams hammered Shippensburg in the first meeting -- winning by 20 points. Shepherd is also playing pretty well, and is certainly capable of pulling an upset next week. All of that said, this is a very tricky game to bet. The host Raiders do play well in stretches -- usually about a half. One never knows what to expect from the Rams. Take the team with something to look forward to ... Rams -5.5

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Updated Standings (Men's)

-
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    Gannon 19-2 25-2 W14
    California 17-3 23-3 W5
    IUP 13-7 16-10 L2
    Slippery Rock 12-8 14-12 W3
    Seton Hill 10-10 15-11 W2
    Mercyhurst 9-11 13-15 L2
    Edinboro 6-14 7-19 L2
    Clarion 5-15 7-19 L4
    Pitt-Johnstown 4-17 6-21 L3
    -

Notes:

* California could still catch Gannon but needs some help. The Vulcans host IUP tomorrow and travel to Edinboro this weekend. California will be heavily favored in both games.

* Gannon is off tomorrow and will travel to Seton Hill this Saturday. The Griffins are hot - and, gave GU all it could handle in Erie. The McKenna Center can be a tricky place to play. Having to play Gannon (and run around like crazy) won't do any favors for Seton Hill come the Monday night quick turnaround.

* Tournament Monday is going to be interesting. Slippery Rock plays at Mercyhurst this Saturday. They could play again 48 hours later in Morrow Fieldhouse.

* IUP has lost two straight and is a heavy underdog tomorrow at California. The Hawks will host either Seton Hill or Mercyhurst. Joe's getting a zone one way or another.

* There's no question this has been a dissapointing season in Clarion. Question is will Damian Pitts survive this (current 7-19) season? The Golden Eagles are loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If he were to be let go and a mass Portal exodous follows, other teams would be sprinting up there to get ahold of some of them. This is a team that could explode next year. I hope the administration gives him another season. Hopefully they see the forest through the trees.
    I think Clarion will hesitate to do anything with Pitts. Obviously they're struggling but they also had trouble filling the women's job, so I doubt they'd want to take the chance that happens with the men's job.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Updated Standings (Men's)

-
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    Gannon 19-2 25-2 W14
    California 17-3 23-3 W5
    IUP 13-7 16-10 L2
    Slippery Rock 12-8 14-12 W3
    Seton Hill 10-10 15-11 W2
    Mercyhurst 9-11 13-15 L2
    Edinboro 6-14 7-19 L2
    Clarion 5-15 7-19 L4
    Pitt-Johnstown 4-17 6-21 L3
    -

Notes:

* California could still catch Gannon but needs some help. The Vulcans host IUP tomorrow and travel to Edinboro this weekend. California will be heavily favored in both games.

* Gannon is off tomorrow and will travel to Seton Hill this Saturday. The Griffins are hot - and, gave GU all it could handle in Erie. The McKenna Center can be a tricky place to play. Having to play Gannon (and run around like crazy) won't do any favors for Seton Hill come the Monday night quick turnaround.

* Tournament Monday is going to be interesting. Slippery Rock plays at Mercyhurst this Saturday. They could play again 48 hours later in Morrow Fieldhouse.

* IUP has lost two straight and is a heavy underdog tomorrow at California. The Hawks will host either Seton Hill or Mercyhurst. Joe's getting a zone one way or another.

* There's no question this has been a dissapointing season in Clarion. Question is will Damian Pitts survive this (current 7-19) season? The Golden Eagles are loaded with talented freshmen and sophomores. If he were to be let go and a mass Portal exodous follows, other teams would be sprinting up there to get ahold of some of them. This is a team that could explode next year. I hope the administration gives him another season. Hopefully they see the forest through the trees.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Blowout City this weekend ...

​​​​​​

Of the (8) PSAC games, (6) were decided by 20 or more points.

Seems the strong are gearing up and hitting their stride ... and the rest are starting to pack it in.
    Ship continued its annoying habit this season of playing one half per game. It doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

It's tough this late. Some are peaking and gearing up ... and others are in banquet mode.
    ​​​​​​
    I was printing money in January when most of your spreads were within 5 points. Now it's mostly things in double digits, or very close to it, and that gets dicey.

I've lost twice on Gannon now. Done betting those clowns lol.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I had IUP +5.5 when this thing went live originally... Oooof...

Please get me a winner on Wednesday LOL. You bumping the line up from Massey in the Mercyhurst game last week killed me.... Ugh..
    It's tough this late. Some are peaking and gearing up ... and others are in banquet mode.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Please get me a winner on Wednesday LOL. You bumping the line up from Massey in the Mercyhurst game last week killed me.... Ugh..
    Lol. I set them. How you bet them is on you.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The line is OFF in the IUP game due to the SRU active roster.

New line IUP -4.5

Update: That didn't age real well.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Blowout City this weekend ...

​​​​​​

Of the (8) PSAC games, (6) were decided by 20 or more points.

Seems the strong are gearing up and hitting their stride ... and the rest are starting to pack it in.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU lost the East Saturday at Millersville. The cold start by the Warriors cost them in the end. Even though they tied the game late, they used so much energy getting back into the game. As the Warriors look for a 1st round bye. I'm still waiting for them to play their best game. It may have been the home win v Millersville...
    I watched the last 10 mins or so. Looked like a wild atmosphere in there. Both teams looked solid.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    Two rare Sunday games today.

The West matchup should be a slaughter (UPJ at Gannon).

The East game could be a little more entertaining. I'd assume Ship is going to get a pretty re-focused Lock Haven.
    ESU lost the East Saturday at Millersville. The cold start by the Warriors cost them in the end. Even though they tied the game late, they used so much energy getting back into the game. As the Warriors look for a 1st round bye. I'm still waiting for them to play their best game. It may have been the home win v Millersville...

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Two rare Sunday games today.

The West matchup should be a slaughter (UPJ at Gannon).

The East game could be a little more entertaining. I'd assume Ship is going to get a pretty re-focused Lock Haven.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The line is OFF in the IUP game due to the SRU active roster.

New line IUP -4.5

Update: That didn't age real well.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-25-2024, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Hurst +7.5
    ESU -3.5
    Bloom +7.5
    WCU -1.5
    IUP +5.5
    SH -7.5
    Gannon -21.5
    LH -9.5

Leave a comment: