Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I've wondered for a while now if they'd be a target of the PSAC should the league need a new member.
    Have they begun the process of moving to D2? They're currently D3, right? To your knowledge, are they looking to make the jump the way Frostburg did when they joined the MEC?\

And in truth, even in its current form, SVC's gym wasn't half bad compared to some of what we see in our respective leagues currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      St Vincent College is getting a new gym with several million from the state.
      It also doesn't hurt that an NFL team drops some cash on your school each summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Have they begun the process of moving to D2? They're currently D3, right? To your knowledge, are they looking to make the jump the way Frostburg did when they joined the MEC?\

And in truth, even in its current form, SVC's gym wasn't half bad compared to some of what we see in our respective leagues currently.
        I'm not aware they are looking to jump. But, they'd fit the profile and have good proximity.

But, they are in a good D3 league full of somewhat close schools. Seton Hill would be ideal in the PAC.

Comment

• Rock up 5 at halftime down at Cal.

We've seen this plenty of times. Can SRU close one out?

Comment

• Things are not going well in the Valley as ROCK has used 3s, FTs and Rbds to lead the VULCANS 42-37. They have 20 minutes to get it together or get ready to play that first round playoff game.

Comment

• Rock gets the big win at California ... in what may have been one of the ugliest combined last 20 minutes I've ever watched.

Comment

• Gannon rallies from 39-21 down to win by 14. LAP with 34, most by a GU player since Adam Blazek scored 37 in 2012 as a freshman at the same Tippin Gymnasium.

Comment

Rock gets the big win at California ... in what may have been one of the ugliest combined last 20 minutes I've ever watched.
                  A collective sigh of relief was heard emanating from Institute, WV, as the YellowJackets of WVSU see a glimmer of hope that they can sneak into the regional if Cal continues to falter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

A collective sigh of relief was heard emanating from Institute, WV, as the YellowJackets of WVSU see a glimmer of hope that they can sneak into the regional if Cal continues to falter.
                    Well, Cal is now also joined with East Stroudsburg and UPJ (PSAC teams with 7 losses). Shippensburg is right behind them with 8 losses. Everybody aside from one PSAC team is taking another loss next week at some point. For at large bids (if they don't get the auto) I'd say it's imperative these four cannot lost again prior to the tournament -- especially Ship. Obviously all but one CIAA and MEC will add losses next week, too.

The Vulcans will actually come up in tomorrow's RR release (as last night's loss won't calculate until next week).

No time for a hangover in the Angelo Dome. Mercyhurst visits tomorrow.

Comment

Well, Cal is now also joined with East Stroudsburg and UPJ (PSAC teams with 7 losses). Shippensburg is right behind them with 8 losses. Everybody aside from one PSAC team is taking another loss next week at some point. For at large bids (if they don't get the auto) I'd say it's imperative these four cannot lost again prior to the tournament -- especially Ship. Obviously all but one CIAA and MEC will add losses next week, too.
                      Well, the YellowJackets have a tough road to staying at 6 losses themselves. The MEC always ends the season with their version of "rivalry week." Every team plays its closest geographical competitor for the final game of the season. But that means WVSU closes with Charleston, which is no gimme. If WVSU loses to Charleston and doesn't run the table in the MEC tourney, they'll be sitting right with Ship at 8 losses.

Comment

I'm not aware they are looking to jump. But, they'd fit the profile and have good proximity.

But, they are in a good D3 league full of somewhat close schools. Seton Hill would be ideal in the PAC.
                        I disagree. SVC is small (1,500 undergrads) and tuition-driven (modest endowment ~$100M). We have enough of those schools. I think adding them to the PSAC will only make recruitment tougher since they'll be offering coupon codes for big discounts versus our much smaller real dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I disagree. SVC is small (1,500 undergrads) and tuition-driven (modest endowment ~$100M). We have enough of those schools. I think adding them to the PSAC will only make recruitment tougher since they'll be offering coupon codes for big discounts versus our much smaller real dollars.
                          Well, some of our schools are probably on their way to 1,500 students. LOL. Sad but not that far-fetched.

If we were to need a member ... all I'm saying ... they could be a candidate to target. My guess is the PSAC would go after Frostburg State pretty hard.

With the way things are going ... we many actually need a member in the coming years.

Comment

• Updated MEN'S Standings

WEST
                            TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK NEXT
                            IUP* (1) 18-2 24-2 W9 Clarion
                            Mercyhurst* 16-4 22-2 W5 at California
                            Pitt-Johnstown* 15-5 19-7 L2 at Seton Hill
                            California* 14-6 19-7 L1 Mercyhurst
                            Slippery Rock* 12-8 16-10 W5 Edinboro
                            Gannon* 10-11 13-12 W1 OFF
                            Edinboro 6-13 8-16 L2 at SRU
                            Clarion 5-16 9-17 L7 at IUP
                            Seton Hill 3-17 3-22 L6 Pitt-Johnstown

EAST
                            TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK NEXT
                            Millersville* 15-5 21-5 L1 West Chester
                            East Stroudsburg* 15-5 17-7 W4 Mansfield
                            Shippensburg* 14-6 17-8 W2 at Shepherd
                            West Chester* 10-9 16-9 W4 at Millersville
                            Shepherd* 8-12 12-14 W1 Shippensburg
                            Lock Haven* 8-13 11-14 L2 OFF
                            Kutztown 5-15 8-18 W1 Bloomsburg
                            Bloomsburg 4-17 5-20 L3 at Kutztown
                            Mansfield 3-17 4-22 L5 at ESU

Comment

Well, some of our schools are probably on their way to 1,500 students. LOL. Sad but not that far-fetched.

If we were to need a member ... all I'm saying ... they could be a candidate to target. My guess is the PSAC would go after Frostburg State pretty hard.

With the way things are going ... we many actually need a member in the coming years.

Comment

• Think of it like the small town shot & beer bar. It ain't pretty but if it weren't profitable it wouldn't be there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X