X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal 54
    GU 38

Half

I think GU makes a run as Cal foul trouble is mounting. But, Cal beat the pi$$ out of them the first 20 minutes.

Comment

• Gannon looked all kinds of out of sorts in that first half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
        Gannon looked all kinds of out of sorts in that first half.
        You gotta figure Cal is doing this sans starting PG (Whitehead), elite SG (Polak) and potential All-American Palek.

They would be insane full strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You gotta figure Cal is doing this sans starting PG (Whitehead), elite SG (Polak) and potential All-American Palek.

They always seem to have a bunch of injuries there. Just a run of bad luck I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

They always seem to have a bunch of injuries there. Just a run of bad luck I guess.
            They also have their 'muscle' out (Hannah).

Comment

West Chester, true to form, follows up its upset of Cal with a loss to Lock Haven.
              Last edited by Ship69; 01-06-2024, 03:27 PM.

Comment

West Chester, true to form, follows up its upset of Cal with a loss to Lock Haven.
                Lol I so wanted to take LH today

Comment

• Vulcans dropped the hammer. Good Lord.

Comment

• Vulcans win by 15 - and it wasn't nearly that close. GU got some junk at the end.

Very impressive showing from a short-handed Cal team.

Comment

Vulcans win by 15 - and it wasn't nearly that close. GU got some junk at the end.

Very impressive showing from a short-handed Cal team.
                      Having their short lineup might actually have helped them. They have good shooters and broke the press easily. Gannon will win most of its games in a hobbled PSAC this season, but I think they've been exposed to an extent this past week.

Comment

Having their short lineup might actually have helped them. They have good shooters and broke the press easily. Gannon will win most of its games in a hobbled PSAC this season, but I think they've been exposed to an extent this past week.
                        True as that might be (and I do agree with you), Gannon fans would probably still say they're way ahead of schedule. It's still only Fee's first year, and he hasn't really had time to get "his guys" worked into the system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

True as that might be (and I do agree with you), Gannon fans would probably still say they're way ahead of schedule. It's still only Fee's first year, and he hasn't really had time to get "his guys" worked into the system.
                          Valid. However:

A) I think several of his studs are one-year grad players

B) I think he'll be poached out of there after this year

Comment

• Cal's clearly the best team in the PSAC -- even sans four rotation players. That's just crazy.

Their 60 percent squad decimated Gannon today. Hats off to Danny. He's built an incredible team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

I am still here and never left. Couldn't get into this site last year, despite a few attempts, and haven't had time this year. I still go the the Hammermill / Highmark / Hagerty. Never stopped and never will.

When you average 112 points per game, fans are going to go to your games. I have a few friends who I describe as "general" basketball fans who have gone to one game and gotten hooked on the style and have gone back at least once. It's been a treat to watch the West Liberty system game after game.

Attendance is up and keeps growing - how can it not after a 3-23 season?

I hope all finds you well. Welcome back.
                              Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-07-2024, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I'd guess we'll see several Lock Haven 'upsets' this year. On a given night they can be pretty tough. Nice roster.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X