Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Any injury reports out of the Mon Valley?

If Cal has four dudes out today this could be very ugly.
    I don't think I've seen a year out of the last several in the PSAC that is as hard to handicap as this one. With injuries, the uncertainties of shooting from game-to-game in the three-point era, transfers, and the question of whether college kids in 2024 are motivated to play on any given night, it's hard to know what version of your team will show up from one week to the next.

Comment

• The short version for you gamblers:

Note: I'd have picked Ship last night so already 0-1 in theory.

Kutztown at Mansfield - The Golden Bears will look a lot different than the Gannon team Mansfield just played. Kutztown did show some life at SRU, but the Mounties have too much. Mansfield -10.5

West Chester at Lock Haven - It would make total sense for WCU to flop today after its big win at Cal. The Bald Eagles are better than most think. Add to it, that strange gym from the 1950s causes issues. That said, WCU keeps rolling -- but, it won't be easy. Rams -7.5 HOWEVER... don't be shocked with a mild upset here.

East Stroudsburg at Shepherd - The Rams got walloped by the IUP 'B' Team a few days ago. So, naturally, they should play pretty well today. ESU's rotation has more players than Shepherd dresses. Expect a somewhat close game here ... because that's just Shepherd. Rams play well at home. ESU -10.5

UPJ at Mercyhurst - The Mountain Cats thrive in this type of slow-it-down game. But, they are a bit too young. Even an empty MAC is still tough to play inside. Lakers -9.5

Slippery Rock at Seton Hill - Betting on the Rock would have most in the red. IF it all clicks for them, they could be pretty good. I like the SH discipline to win this one. Griffins -3.5

Gannon at California - The (so far) game of the year in the Region looks like it could be a bust. Cal appears to be decimated with injuries. The Vulcans could be without (4) rotation players today -- (3) of which are starters. Perhaps Round 2 will be the big show. This likely will not be unless some of those guys play. Gannon -12.5 p.s. big women's game also.

Clarion at Edinboro - The Golden Eagles keep losing very close games. They are close to a breakthrough. They'll win today in McComb. Clarion -7.5

IUP - BYE

Comment

I do have to question the GU fan base. As a whole it hard core vanished here the past 8 years.

GU hoops got so bad Roddy crashed his site.

I understand all coming back out but this has a bandwagon feel.

What the hell ... Live it up. I know some of you stayed loyal. Some are bandwagons, however.
        I am still here and never left. Couldn't get into this site last year, despite a few attempts, and haven't had time this year. I still go the the Hammermill / Highmark / Hagerty. Never stopped and never will.

When you average 112 points per game, fans are going to go to your games. I have a few friends who I describe as "general" basketball fans who have gone to one game and gotten hooked on the style and have gone back at least once. It's been a treat to watch the West Liberty system game after game.

Attendance is up and keeps growing - how can it not after a 3-23 season?

Comment

• Appears to be about 30 to 35 fans at the Cal game.

Shame for the status. Can't see yet who isn't dressed for Cal. Looks like several are out.

Edit: looks like Cal has at least 4 in tracksuits (including three starters). That sucks. Tough break.

Comment

Appears to be about 30 to 35 fans at the Cal game.

Shame for the status. Can't see yet who isn't dressed for Cal. Looks like several are out.

Edit: looks like Cal has at least 4 in tracksuits (including three starters). That sucks. Tough break.
            But it also looks like Gannon is "out of system" on offense a bit. [Unless, of course, Fee runs it differently from Crutch.] Lot of guys calling their own number and going one-on-one. I can't imagine Fee is happy with those offensive sets.

But yes, for being the marquee game in the Region today, it's a shame only about 10 people are in that building.

Comment

• Cal putting on a dunk fest

Comment

• Cal playing well but very short bench. Up 8 now but we'll see if they get worn out.

Comment

• I still say if Cal was full force they'd win the Natty this year.

Comment

Cal playing well but very short bench. Up 8 now but we'll see if they get worn out.
                    Right. That short bench could mean a very different second half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Right. That short bench could mean a very different second half.
                      Cal up 15 now. GU better start making shots.

Vulcans controlling the pace.

Comment

• Lucas is a real difference-maker for Cal. When Cal last played at WLU, Lucas was in a tracksuit, so I hadn't seen him in a while. Big-time player on both ends.

Comment

• GU needs to call this press off. They are getting destroyed.

Old Danny is shredding it.

Item to watch however is Cal piling up fouls and has little bench.

Comment

GU needs to call this press off. They are getting destroyed.
                            Definitely. Danny's familiarity with it probably plays a big role.

Say what you will about Sancomb (he takes a lot of heat on this board), but he seems to know what he's doing (and he continues to convince legit talents to join him).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Definitely. Danny's familiarity with it probably plays a big role.

Say what you will about Sancomb (he takes a lot of heat on this board), but he seems to know what he's doing (and he continues to convince legit talents to join him).
                              He is a jackass lol but yes he's a great coach and recruiter. I'd take him here next in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Fatigue won't be a factor in the second half if Cal just runs and hides here in the first half while shooting 70%.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X