X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    My west ranking prediction as of now...

1. Cal U
    2. IUP (I realize they've been abysmal to this point, however, they've played some good teams... theres not many of those good teams in the PSAC West)
    3. UPJ
    4. Gannon
    5. Seton Hill
    6. Rock
    7. Hurst (given what ive seen thus far i cant see them beating Cal .. and likely a few other sweeps)
    8. Clarion
    9. Edinboro
    I think Gannon, Seton Hill, and Slippery Rock might all be better than UPJ. UPJ had a good deal of trouble putting away Frostburg, which is not a very good squad this season. Of course we'll see before long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Thanks. I was wondering why I didn't see him when they played Lincoln.
      When he's back and up to speed ... that offense will be a real joy to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's just not as simple as many make it out to be. There's so many reasons why things happen the way they do.

I don't really care about losing a game to Kentucky or Gonzaga on an aircraft carrier. I can talk about that experience 50 years later if I played in that game. And if I'm a West Liberty player, if I get to go down to Daytona, Florida with my teammates for a few days, and we drop a game or two, so be it. 35 years from now, I'll remember the experience I had with my teammates on a unique road trip playing D2 basketball. Those are all recruiting and branding opportunities.

Players and coaches would be lying if they say that they don't want to have in season challenges like that. It has NOTHING to do with bettering your postseason position. Saying you're playing a bunch of branch campuses is no way to build a collegiate basketball schedule because you think that's the path to 30 wins.
        Good points. Also, playing a good team can show players how far they must improve while it is early in the season, which could pay dividends in March.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I loved Dixon
          ​​​​​... Rght up until the day the Golden Panthers thought he hit his peak. Remember that group called all the shots back then behind the scenes.
          He didn’t “peak.” But it was pretty well documented that he did not want Pitt to move to the ACC. The move didn’t sit well with him and his coaching style didn’t necessarily work well initially in that league. Him losing the NYC recruiting pool hurt him too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I think Gannon, Seton Hill, and Slippery Rock might all be better than UPJ. UPJ had a good deal of trouble putting away Frostburg, which is not a very good squad this season. Of course we'll see before long.
            I considered that, too. I just ended up putting Seton Hill at the bottom of that mix. I've watched a few Rock games now and I think it could end up being a long season for them. They have a load of talent, HOWEVER, they look just like Gannon did the past few years ... very individual-based and lazy. I'm not saying I think they'll get run over - but, as of now, I don't see them having what it takes to pull out the close victories.

Comment

I considered that, too. I just ended up putting Seton Hill at the bottom of that mix. I've watched a few Rock games now and I think it could end up being a long season for them. They have a load of talent, HOWEVER, they look just like Gannon did the past few years ... very individual-based and lazy. I'm not saying I think they'll get run over - but, as of now, I don't see them having what it takes to pull out the close victories.
              Wait until adversity hits a streetball team.

Gas

Fire

Boom

​​​​​​Grady has too many mouths to keep fed

Comment

Gas

Fire

Boom

Ike Herster is a ticking time bomb!

Comment

Gas

Fire

Boom

I hope so, since they're on Ship's schedule on the December western swing.

Comment

• not a great day for PSAC West so far, with the exception of Boro over Kutz...

Comment

not a great day for PSAC West so far, with the exception of Boro over Kutz...
                      and Clarion, IUP and Gannon lol

Comment

and Clarion, IUP and Gannon lol
                        West is stronger from what I saw today. Good win for IUP. Good production from the guards.

Mercyhurst got cheated at ESU, but doesn’t surprise me based on some of the hack jobs refereeing in this league.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

West is stronger from what I saw today. Good win for IUP. Good production from the guards.

Mercyhurst got cheated at ESU, but doesn’t surprise me based on some of the hack jobs refereeing in this league.
                          Explain how Hurst got cheated, and don't bring up Reichert. My stats and ESU's live stats had 4 fouls on Reichert when the 5th whistle was blown. ESU fought just as hard as Mercyhurst did, and to say Mercyhurst got cheated doesn't do justice to the great play of both teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Explain how Hurst got cheated, and don't bring up Reichert. My stats and ESU's live stats had 4 fouls on Reichert when the 5th whistle was blown. ESU fought just as hard as Mercyhurst did, and to say Mercyhurst got cheated doesn't do justice to the great play of both teams.
                            Did you watch the last two minutes? The referee called a screening foul on a handoff (that should’ve been a foul on ESU if anything) that cancelled out a Planutis 3. Hurst would’ve been up 6 with 2 minutes to go. That kept it at 3. Then, the same referee called a phantom rebounding foul on an ESU miss that resulted in the game winning free throws with 1 second left.

Hurst got picked at halfcourt with 1:15 or so and gave up a wide open 3 after they went up 3 with 40 seconds, so they had plenty of chances to take the referees out of it. But, you shouldn’t be refereeing scholarship level college basketball games if those are the calls you make in a one possession game. Egregiously bad.
                            Last edited by IUPHawks24; 12-01-2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Clearly a moving screen on that play. Said so on the call...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                                Clearly a moving screen on that play. Said so on the call...
                                The ESU play by play guy? Lol. I’d stick to football if I were you. A handoff where the defender falls into the offensive player because he tried going under the handoff isn’t a moving screen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X