Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I remember that FSU at Ship game last year. Didn't Carlos score like 9 points in like 18 clock seconds (or something crazy) at the end? I remember the ending was insane.

Carlos will always be the one Joe let get away (Indiana High). I remember Danny signed him first at Wheeling but after he got fired Fite snatched him up.
    Carter did go crazy at the end, but he also got wound up and committed a foul with just a couple of seconds left that put Fairmont on the line for the winning shots. Fairmont didn't miss many foul shots that night, and they certainly didn't win the last two. It was a great year for Carter. He won the first Shepherd game at Ship with a three-pointer that was probably a good 10 feet beyond the line.

Comment

• Gannon posts 140 in Fees debut

Comment

• VULCANS took opener 60-43 over FSU @ Bowie, Md. No info available that I can find. Not the score I'd expected but a W is a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
          Gannon posts 140 in Fees debut
          Well, didn't take him long to implement the system I guess.

And it's not even like he played an unsuspecting PSAC team--Glenville has seen this system before (twice a year at least).

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Well, didn't take him long to implement the system I guess.

And it's not even like he played an unsuspecting PSAC team--Glenville has seen this system before (twice a year at least).
            Don't they have a new coach and a new roster? They probably haven't seen it.

Gannon has some players. They did last year, too. They just had a terrible coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Don't they have a new coach and a new roster? They probably haven't seen it.

Gannon has some players. They did last year, too. They just had a terrible coach.
              Glenville State is very familiar with the style though... its west liberty style. The players don't matter when you have 9 scoring double figures. And only 2 players from last year's roster had a significant impact. Omajafo, starter, had 21.. lucarotti had 10 coming off bench. The other players from last year got garbage time.

Comment

• Wow to wlu over ship

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                  VULCANS took opener 60-43 over FSU @ Bowie, Md. No info available that I can find. Not the score I'd expected but a W is a W.
                  Finally saw the box score for this game and it is U-G-L-Y for two teams who are supposed to be in the hunt for the post season. VULCANS shooting was abysmal, but thankfully FSU was BEYOND ABYSMAL !!! Oh well, DS will hopefully have them ready to face the home team BULLDOGS tonight. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Finally saw the box score for this game and it is U-G-L-Y for two teams who are supposed to be in the hunt for the post season. VULCANS shooting was abysmal, but thankfully FSU was BEYOND ABYSMAL !!! Oh well, DS will hopefully have them ready to face the home team BULLDOGS tonight. Time will tell.
                    Opening game of the year can be sloppy. Cal should have a good season.

Comment

• Fee's system wasn't as effective today but still won. Excited to see it against Hurst.. don't think the 42-38 game will be in play haha

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                        Fee's system wasn't as effective today but still won. Excited to see it against Hurst.. don't think the 42-38 game will be in play haha
                        Hurst has had success against that system in past regionals.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hurst has had success against that system in past regionals.
                          I'm not talking win/loss.. just anxious for a GU/Hurst game that could surpass 150 total points haha

Comment

• Joe needs to go four guards and dump the SF position.

If he's not going to play Brooks he's just playing 5 on 4

Edit: wrong thread

Comment

• When Shippensburg High went to the state quarterfinals two years ago, everyone was buzzing about Anthony Smith, who's now playing defensive end at Minnesota, and Jayden Statum, the point guard who landed at Susquehanna after battling shoulder problems.

Smith's brother, Jeremy Thomas, was under the radar, especially when he missed most of his junior year with injury. He went to Cal last year, but didn't play and transferred to Clarion. In Clarion's first two games this weekend, he had 25 points and 27 rebounds -- 18 boards in the opener from a 6-5 swingman.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                                When Shippensburg High went to the state quarterfinals two years ago, everyone was buzzing about Anthony Smith, who's now playing defensive end at Minnesota, and Jayden Statum, the point guard who landed at Susquehanna after battling shoulder problems.

Smith's brother, Jeremy Thomas, was under the radar, especially when he missed most of his junior year with injury. He went to Cal last year, but didn't play and transferred to Clarion. In Clarion's first two games this weekend, he had 25 points and 27 rebounds -- 18 boards in the opener from a 6-5 swingman.
                                We've had a few area kids in various sports slip away from us at Ship. Don't want to see Coach Fite give up on good kids from anywhere as he's done great in western Pa., but I'm glad to see him pick up a few more District 3 kids lately. There usually are some pretty good players in the region year in an year out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X