Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

True but remember that Fee is from this area so is he content staying around? Could a PSAC team with more money steal him away?
    I just see Fee as a young fast-riser that (by March) will have likely turned a 3-25 team in to an NCAA threat in just one off-season.

If I was some low major I'd certainly be interested.

That said, it still blows my mind Ben is still at WL.

Comment

True but remember that Fee is from this area so is he content staying around? Could a PSAC team with more money steal him away?
      You know my theory. I think the brass in Indiana are already set to try and lure Fite to IUP.

He has a lot of connections here, coached under Joe for years, is from Latrobe, etc.

That said, IUP will be a very attractive D2 opening (when it happens). IUP can pay, has a fancy arena and big following, tradition and history, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You know my theory. I think the brass in Indiana are already set to try and lure Fite to IUP.

He has a lot of connections here, coached under Joe for years, is from Latrobe, etc.

That said, IUP will be a very attractive D2 opening (when it happens). IUP can pay, has a fancy arena and big following, tradition and history, etc.
        I'm nowhere near Indiana and I've been told multiple times it's an unspoken understanding that Fite succeeds Lombardi.

Comment

You sound dumb, just stop!
          Then what's the reason, genius? Talk to an AD or coach and get a clue. If those games yesterday are 5/7, the Erie schools don't get home until 3am. That's not happening if it can be avoided.
          Last edited by WarriorVoice; 12-03-2023, 08:37 AM.

Comment

When he left for Ship, I figured if Fite had any kind of success it was a given he’d be back to succeed Joe, or at least IUP would go all in to make it happen. And I still think he’d be a great choice when that day comes. But to your last point, IUP could probably get a number of interesting candidates if they cast a wide net with their search. And if things slip a little (or a lot) at the end of Joe’s tenure I wonder if they’d be even more willing to open up the search rather than just hand the reigns to his former right hand man.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Then what's the reason, genius? Talk to an AD or coach and get a clue. If those games yesterday are 5/7, the Erie schools don't get home until 3am. That's not happening if it can be avoided.
              I still don't see what the issue with that is. When Gannon/Hurst were in the GLIAC, they played games in Michigan at 730p and then came back and those were on school nights too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

I still don't see what the issue with that is. When Gannon/Hurst were in the GLIAC, they played games in Michigan at 730p and then came back and those were on school nights too.
                You're fighting with a clown. He's clueless and always has been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm nowhere near Indiana and I've been told multiple times it's an unspoken understanding that Fite succeeds Lombardi.
                  3-5 years ago, yes, but I'm not so sure that is the case anymore. I think the new AD will want his stamp on the hiring.

Comment

3-5 years ago, yes, but I'm not so sure that is the case anymore. I think the new AD will want his stamp on the hiring.
                    There is a faction which I think will push for a more up-tempo coaching philosophy. While Fite is trying it this year, I think Fite to Indiana is pretty much Joe 2.0

Comment

There is a faction which I think will push for a more up-tempo coaching philosophy. While Fite is trying it this year, I think Fite to Indiana is pretty much Joe 2.0
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Fite ended up going west given the history, but I've seen no indication he's unhappy at Shippensburg, and he has stayed here a good while. And Ship is a program he built, not a legacy from Joe Lombardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Fite ended up going west given the history, but I've seen no indication he's unhappy at Shippensburg, and he has stayed here a good while. And Ship is a program he built, not a legacy from Joe Lombardi.
                        Good point. Plus, MBB is clearly top dog at Ship. XC/TF are also great but they don't distract & pull attention from MBB. At IUP he'd have to constantly wrestle with the looming reputation and alumni expectations of football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Good point. Plus, MBB is clearly top dog at Ship. XC/TF are also great but they don't distract & pull attention from MBB. At IUP he'd have to constantly wrestle with the looming reputation and alumni expectations of football.
                          Fite has pretty much made men's basketball a player at Ship. The school had an undistinguished history in the sport before he arrived.

Comment

Not so fast, Fee was born in Erie, his wife is from nearby NE Ohio, He used to watch Gannon play at the Hammermill when he was a kid. The (now) Highmark Events Center is getting a $9M makeover. With the crowds starting to return, I'm sure Gannon will find more money if needed.

Comment

I just see Fee as a young fast-riser that (by March) will have likely turned a 3-25 team in to an NCAA threat in just one off-season.

If I was some low major I'd certainly be interested.

That said, it still blows my mind Ben is still at WL.
                              Also consider that Howlett is making under 100,000 coaching at WLU. His salary last year was 97K.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Also consider that Howlett is making under 100,000 coaching at WLU. His salary last year was 97K.
                                That's crazy. But backs up my point- it's not going to be easy for any of these guys to move up to Division I. Even with the gaudy records.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X