Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

Did you watch the last two minutes? The referee called a screening foul on a handoff (that should’ve been a foul on ESU if anything) that cancelled out a Planutis 3. Hurst would’ve been up 6 with 2 minutes to go. That kept it at 3. Then, the same referee called a phantom rebounding foul on an ESU miss that resulted in the game winning free throws with 1 second left.

Hurst got picked at halfcourt with 1:15 or so and gave up a wide open 3 after they went up 3 with 40 seconds, so they had plenty of chances to take the referees out of it. But, you shouldn’t be refereeing scholarship level college basketball games if those are the calls you make in a one possession game. Egregiously bad.
    As a Gannon fan since I was very young and a Gannon graduate, I have a whole 'nother level of hatred for the Hurst. That said... I agree that Hurst suffered from some terrible calls and no calls in the waning moments of that game. To me ESU was definitely the better team, but Hurst hung with them tough. It was a little disheartening to see them lose with some help of the "neutrals".

Comment

• So I'm assuming thr 3&5 starts yesterday were due to travel. I'm sure PSAC never considered most people work until 5. So instead of doing 3&5 and then 1&3.. why couldn't they have done 530&730 both Friday and Saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
        So I'm assuming thr 3&5 starts yesterday were due to travel. I'm sure PSAC never considered most people work until 5. So instead of doing 3&5 and then 1&3.. why couldn't they have done 530&730 both Friday and Saturday?
        Hard to figure because when East comes West they are playing many night games.

As for attendance, this league could amazingly give two blanks.

Comment

So I'm assuming thr 3&5 starts yesterday were due to travel. I'm sure PSAC never considered most people work until 5. So instead of doing 3&5 and then 1&3.. why couldn't they have done 530&730 both Friday and Saturday?
          5:30/7:30 makes for a late trip home Saturday night. In some cases that could mean getting home well past midnight. Plus With a 1/3 start on Saturday, you're not going to play late on Friday...This seems to be a happy medium for some...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

5:30/7:30 makes for a late trip home Saturday night. In some cases that could mean getting home well past midnight. Plus With a 1/3 start on Saturday, you're not going to play late on Friday...This seems to be a happy medium for some...
            Yes but it's a Sunday after... no classes - so they have the day to recoup.

Comment

Yes but it's a Sunday after... no classes - so they have the day to recoup.
              Yes, but Coaches don't want players on a bus after midnight. Get it?

Comment

• Kudos to Gannon and Coach Fee. To have as extreme a roster turnover as he did, he has brought together a squad that works hard and can all score. Their full court press is a work of art. They change all 5 out routinely, and the second unit is nearly as good as the first. I can't understand why they haven't gotten more notice. Teams don't come into Koehler Fieldhouse and beat a Jeff Wilson team like Gannon did. The Golden Knights are loaded for a Championship run.

Comment

Kudos to Gannon and Coach Fee. To have as extreme a roster turnover as he did, he has brought together a squad that works hard and can all score. Their full court press is a work of art. They change all 5 out routinely, and the second unit is nearly as good as the first. I can't understand why they haven't gotten more notice. Teams don't come into Koehler Fieldhouse and beat a Jeff Wilson team like Gannon did. The Golden Knights are loaded for a Championship run.
                  Gannon and WL will play in the final.

And, Fee will then be gone to a D1 quickly after.

Comment

Yes, but Coaches don't want players on a bus after midnight. Get it?
                    You sound dumb, just stop!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's been incredibly impressive. I didn't think it would happen until at least year 2, but he's made a believer of me. They play so confident and free. And he did a really good job recruiting.

I wouldn't say so fast about Division I though. That's a harder sell at that level. The success of the St Thomas Aquinas coach does help. But it's a harder sell, especially the higher you go in Division I.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

It's been incredibly impressive. I didn't think it would happen until at least year 2, but he's made a believer of me. They play so confident and free. And he did a really good job recruiting.

I wouldn't say so fast about Division I though. That's a harder sell at that level. The success of the St Thomas Aquinas coach does help. But it's a harder sell, especially the higher you go in Division I.
                        It's harder to run a pressing system at a higher Division 1 level. Better guard play and taller players make it easier to break a press. Most D2 teams can't simply throw the ball to some 6-10 guy to foil the press.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

It's harder to run a pressing system at a higher Division 1 level. Better guard play and taller players make it easier to break a press. Most D2 teams can't simply throw the ball to some 6-10 guy to foil the press.
                          Valid points. Tobin Anderson’s system isn’t as extreme as the West Liberty/Nova/Gannon style either. Shaka Smart had to abandon his havoc system at Texas because it wasn’t working in the Big 12.

In Division I everyone has the same number of scholarships too (13) so it’s harder to wear down an opponent… Division II schools have less and it’s unequal.

Comment

If this system had any shot for a D1 school, Crutchfield would have been gone long ago. This is a D2 system. Fee would be insane to go D1 with the intention of taking this style with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I wasn't talking P5 but I could surely see a lower mid-major wanting to take a chance on a young coach like Fee.

Comment

I wasn't talking P5 but I could surely see a lower mid-major wanting to take a chance on a young coach like Fee.
                                True but remember that Fee is from this area so is he content staying around? Could a PSAC team with more money steal him away?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X