Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You're fighting with a clown. He's clueless and always has been.
    We're just talking, man. Calm down. Don't be a dick for one minute...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

We're just talking, man. Calm down. Don't be a dick for one minute...
      Because your coach *****es about travel doesn't mean the rest do. Don't make assumptions, clown!

Comment

Because your coach *****es about travel doesn't mean the rest do. Don't make assumptions, clown!
        I don't make assumptions, I talk to people who make these decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I don't make assumptions, I talk to people who make these decisions.
          Just like you know what an illegal screen is.

Comment

• So do all PSAC teams have like a 2+ week break between crossover games?

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
              So do all PSAC teams have like a 2+ week break between crossover games?
              Yes, it's a mandated shut down.

Comment

Yes, it's a mandated shut down.
                And its for the best. Most schools not named Indiana have very limited community support, so attendance between semesters is comparable to the local rec league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

And its for the best. Most schools not named Indiana have very limited community support, so attendance between semesters is comparable to the local rec league.
                  Most teams don't play this week (our state schools) due to academic finals.

There are a handful of games this week. Ship and Bloomsburg have road games tonight. Several are then playing non-conference games this weekend.

I think it's a good move. None of these players are going to the NBA. Some may land in some Siberia-like league overseas for a year but that's about it (the number of guys actually making a real living ... guys like Cobo Diaz and Dustin Sleva ... pretty far and few between). It's important they do well on their finals.

I'd assume most of our college towns will empty by tomorrow. I saw classes resume at the PASSHE schools on Jan. 22. That is a long freaking break. Basketball-wise, that's what I've come to call the Funeral Season. That's about 6-some weeks of empty, lame gyms -- no students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc.

Comment

• [QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;n803162]

There are a handful of games this week. Ship and Bloomsburg have road games tonight. Several are then playing non-conference games this weekend.

I think it's a good move. None of these players are going to the NBA. Some may land in some Siberia-like league overseas for a year but that's about it (the number of guys actually making a real living ... guys like Cobo Diaz and Dustin Sleva ... pretty far and few between). It's important they do well on their finals.

I'd assume most of our college towns will empty by tomorrow. I saw classes resume at the PASSHE schools on Jan. 22. That is a long freaking break. Basketball-wise, that's what I've come to call the Funeral Season. That's about 6-some weeks of empty, lame gyms -- no students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc.[/QUO

edit
                    Last edited by IUPalum; 12-06-2023, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd assume most of our college towns will empty by tomorrow. I saw classes resume at the PASSHE schools on Jan. 22. That is a long freaking break. Basketball-wise, that's what I've come to call the Funeral Season. That's about 6-some weeks of empty, lame gyms -- no students, cheerleaders, dance teams, etc.
                      Don't forget student broadcast team members, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Fite ended up going west given the history, but I've seen no indication he's unhappy at Shippensburg, and he has stayed here a good while. And Ship is a program he built, not a legacy from Joe Lombardi.
                        Well, to be fair, IUP was winning fairly big long before Joe Lombardi took over. Kanaski started it in the early 90s (and had the best team in school history in 94-95). Gary Edwards, while embattled, took over and had a good run (until the end).

They both had some teams that could have whipped some of Joe's better teams.

I do tend to think this could be the swan song season for Joe. I think he easily could go another 5 years but I'm not sure he wants to at this stage. I think this is his 17th year at IUP and he's 64 now.

Comment

• Clarion is playing at Winston-Salem this Sunday.

That is a long ride for one game.

Comment

• Point Park 21, IUP 8?

Best team for the Pittsburgh guys in a while, but geez. EDIT: That sure became 26-26 in a hurry.

(Love hearing Tony Coccagna's doing some commentary. We worked together about a half-century ago!)
                            Last edited by jrshooter; 12-10-2023, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              Point Park 21, IUP 8?

Best team for the Pittsburgh guys in a while, but geez. EDIT: That sure became 26-26 in a hurry.

(Love hearing Tony Coccagna's doing some commentary. We worked together about a half-century ago!)
                              Point Park would HAMMER half the teams in the PSAC.

That's a good team. KR has done a tremendous turnaround there very quickly.

3 and 33 would start for every team in the league.

Comment

• Those PSAC teams with upcoming openings should be lined up for Kevin Reynolds. Added bonus: his star (33) is just a sophomore. He'd probably come with him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X