Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the second half of the Cal/GU game.

It was close with 12 mins left and then GU mentally imploded. Whitley got a stupid technical (well deserved) and then Kent got in to it with Sancomb (verbally) and got tech'd. The bottom then fell out.

Very undisciplined actions. Speed of the captain, speed of the crew.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Watched the second half of the Cal/GU game.

It was close with 12 mins left and then GU mentally imploded. Whitley got a stupid technical (well deserved) and then Kent got in to it with Sancomb (verbally) and got tech'd. The bottom then fell out.

Very undisciplined actions. Speed of the captain, speed of the crew.
      I told you Kent is a hothead and Jefferson has zero control over these idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I told you Kent is a hothead and Jefferson has zero control over these idiots.
        You nailed it.

Comment

• MEN'S Standings

--
          TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
          IUP 9-0 15-0 W15
          Mercyhurst 7-2 11-2 W2
          Pitt-Johnstown 7-2 11-4 L1
          Slippery Rock 5-4 11-4 L2
          Seton Hill 4-5 9-6 W2
          California 4-5 7-8 W3
          Edinboro 2-6 4-10 L4
          Clarion 0-9 2-12 L10
          Gannon 0-9 0-13 L13
          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-16-2023, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• The week ahead (Men's):

IUP - The Crimson Hawks return home this week after what turned out to be a very tough road trip. Clarion and California visit the KCAC. Wednesday will be the first game back with students. IUP's win in Johnstown opened up a two-game lead in the West. Clarion is struggling but capable of playing well in stretches. The Golden Eagles, however, lack depth and have had trouble playing a competitive, full 40 minutes. The Vulcans will visit for a Saturday matinee. IUP is on a long winning streak against California, but the last several meetings haven't been easy. California, even with its current roster issues, still has a formidable starting group. Prediction: 2-0

Mercyhurst - The Lakers obviously left the KCAC a little fired up. Since the loss in Indiana, Mercyhurst has blown out Shepherd (by 25) and Slippery Rock (by 30). Make no mistake, this is one of the best teams in the Atlantic Region. California hosts the Lakers on Wednesday prior to crosstown rival Gannon visiting the MAC this weekend. Prediction: 2-0

Pitt-Johnstown - The Mountain Cats gave IUP all it could handle before losing late. No time for a hangover, however, as a tough week looms. UPJ plays at red-hot Seton Hill mid-week prior to hosting a suddenly-struggling Slippery Rock. The trip to Greensburg could be a tricky one. With students back, that is a tough, claustrophobic and loud venue. The Griffins are pretty good, too. Slippery Rock has had some success in Johnstown, but the Mountain Cats are pretty tough in the Sports Center. Prediction: 2-0 (but, don't be shocked if they drop one in Greensburg).

Slippery Rock - The obvious blemish to SRU's strong 11-4 record is it is losing to most of the better teams on the schedule. Last week had disaster potential and, well, it was a disaster. The Rock lost at both Seton HIll and Mercyhurst -- with the latter being a total smackdown. This isn't a young team so these drastic swings in performance level are kind of odd. This is a group that scored 96 on California and a week later scored just 51 on Mercyhurst. The good news is SRU should get back on track with a mid-week visit from struggling Edinboro. But, things are going to get much tougher Saturday in Johnstown. Prediction: 1-1

California - The good news for Vulcans fans is the team went 2-0 last week -- albeit against Edinboro and Gannon. The bad news is this week includes dates with Mercyhurst and IUP. California is now playing a 6-man rotation. Their six guys are good players, but that's a big ask against these next two opponents -- who both go 9-10 deep. The Vulcans are well-coached and still fighting. Prediction: 0-2

Seton Hill - The Griffins have rebounded for their trip to Indiana with three straight wins -- including a big one last Wednesday against Slippery Rock. UPJ's visit Wednesday will be a major test. It will be interesting to see Seton Hill's zone perform against UPJ's pass-happy, inside-out offense. Winless Bloomsburg visits Saturday. Prediction: 1-1

Edinboro - The Scots aren't playing terrible basketball. They just aren't finishing games. With a few exceptions, they've been in most of their losses. This is a big week for Edinboro. The trip to Morrow Field House is never easy, but SRU is in a bit of a funk. Saturday's trip to Clarion is a must-win. Prediction: 1-1

Clarion - The upcoming trip to Indiana isn't likely to cure a struggling team. But, despite going 0-2, the Golden Eagles played pretty well last week. Clarion held UPJ to just 66 points (lost by 13) and then gave West Chester a major scare (losing 82-75). The bad news is this Golden Eagles team doesn't play well away from Tippin Gymnasium -- and, the KCAC is the toughest place to play in the division. Clarion will be a major underdog in Indiana, but should have a decent shot Saturday when Edinboro visits. Prediction: 0-2

Gannon - If anything, this winless Gannon team isn't dull. After appearing to have had a coming out party in a tough loss to IUP, the Golden Knights had a mental breakdown(s) late in the second half and lost to California. A streaky Millersville visits this week prior to the short trip to Mercyhurst this weekend. If Gannon can stay composed, it could possibly get a win against the Marauders. Zach Kent should pose all sorts of problems for the smaller Millersville lineup. The trip to the MAC -- against a team that frustrates everybody -- could be a disaster. Prediction: 1-1

Comment

• Wondering...anyone watching GU/Mville game or in attendance... is Clancy even on the bench?? I keep looking and am not finding him.

Diff topic... I HATE the tech foul against Forte... and I think it's a stupid call at any level. A player should be able to express frustration (by bouncing the ball) without repercussion. If they do it and say something to the ref or make a comment - different story. But i think its such a risicul technical to be assessed for just bouncing the ball in frustration.

Comment

• Didn't Millersville beat Hurst? HOW?! I mean Gannon is playing well, but not amazing

Comment

• Boro hanging with Rock. 28-27 at the break. Scrappy game. Refs are going to high tail it off campus.

Comment

• UN-BELIEVE-ABLE....

Comment

• Hurst squwekwd by Cal by 1. Shepherd leads ESU by 10 under a min left

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                        Hurst squwekwd by Cal by 1. Shepherd leads ESU by 10 under a min left
                        Wow

Comment

• Seton Hill takes down UPJ

McKenna is a biatch.

Comment

• Gannon finding new and inventive ways to lose games. 17-4 run over final 3:32 to lose by 2.

Comment

• I went to Edinboro at SRU last night. The women’s game was interesting. My wife wanted to go and Edinboro has a 10 point lead when we arrive in 3Qtr. Stays that way for a long time. Between 3rd and 4th there is a long delay because the shot clock on the Edinboro end is not working . They take forever trying to fix it without luck so they turnoff both shot clocks and decide the PA announcer will count down the last 10 secs. At one point I think in the early 4th SRU takes the lead, might been as many as 4pts. Callie takes TO and soon Boro regains the lead and hang on for the W.

Between games they have a technician up on the actual shot clock display presumably connecting a wire. Neither team can warm up. Finally it is back and the game continues normally. It made for a long night. At halftime with 6 min to go I checked the IUP score and they only had 6 min left in the actual game. My wife is thrilled she picked this game to join me.

Edinboro played better than expected. Cleary acted like expected. Grady is as calm as can be for a PSAC coach (definitely the total opposite of KReynolds). After the first 8 minutes of the game the refs were on pace to call 48 fouls. SRU doesn’t play well together but they have some pieces. SRU must have had 12 dunks showing their superior athleticism in tight spaces. Boro did have the lead at times due to a strong defensive effort. Their freshman Guard from Franklin HS is a good shooter. He’s going to be like #12 from Mercyhurst as he ages. Gallagher is a tough and smart player. They’re one big (#22) has some skill but needs more strength.

SRU got a little banged up in this game. Britt is not 100% after getting leveled on a drive with no foul. He played through a limp. #5 also got a bit of a charleyhorse on his left quad. SRU was very disjoint. Grady doesn’t have them playing together very well. I wondered if he was trying to be generic prior to IUP or if this is just a lineup of talented but misfit teammates. They are pretty deep.
                              Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 01-19-2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                                Gannon finding new and inventive ways to lose games. 17-4 run over final 3:32 to lose by 2.
                                I went On Demand and watched the last 5 minutes. It was hard to watch that ending.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X