Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not that anyone else really cares but I got the answer to my question... re Kent not starting and playing much last 2 games.. in radio show with some college kids one asked if Kent reinjured himself. KJ responded that given everything this season he had a talk with Kent that the team needed to look ahead and develop for the future. Also that Clancy was back to full health and is going to be a part of the lineup in future years etc.

Now update... Kent and Clancy starting tonight. So either Whitley is hurt or KJ decided he also wanted to try to get another win or two this season as well as develop for future lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
      Not that anyone else really cares but I got the answer to my question... re Kent not starting and playing much last 2 games.. in radio show with some college kids one asked if Kent reinjured himself. KJ responded that given everything this season he had a talk with Kent that the team needed to look ahead and develop for the future. Also that Clancy was back to full health and is going to be a part of the lineup in future years etc.

Now update... Kent and Clancy starting tonight. So either Whitley is hurt or KJ decided he also wanted to try to get another win or two this season as well as develop for future lol
      KJ is a joke, period!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

KJ is a joke, period!
        And then some! Hoping this is his final year

Comment

• Hurst Rock

SRU came out with a lot of defensive intensity and really stymied Mercyhurst in the early going. Despite both teams playing very inspired defense there were only 4 total fouls with 7 mins to go in the first half. Hurst trailed by 9 most of the first half. Then the whistles came out, 9 fouls were called and hurst was down just 2 at half. 35-33

In the first 9 mins of the second half, Hurst outscored SRU 23-8. Much of the night Manchell chose to have 6-1 Nick Lang guard SRU’s leading scorer 6-7 Khalid Gates. When Lang was out another guard got the assignment.

At the 4min mark, Hurst led just 63-55 and Rick had the ball and Lashley missed an open three. From there it ended 72-57 Hurst

Comment

• This was the team UPJ they was building up to ... until Mulbah left.

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

I wonder if this is Rukavina's swan song.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              This was the team UPJ they was building up to ... until Mulbah left.

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

Wouldn’t be surprised, hope they make the NCAA tournament

Comment

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.
                  His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.

Comment

His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.
                    He looks like he's in his 40's.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

McIntosh and Nick Lang are both for sure done at Hurst. Now Bradley, Planutis, Sandy and Hoepner are all question marks.

Comment

Hurst will rebuild in the off-season. Always do

Comment

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.
                            Like Gannon did and the kid turned out to be a complete douche!

Comment

Gary will find some bodies but it will take time to teach them Gary's ways with the D.

Comment

• TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                                IUP* 17-1 23-1 W1
                                Mercyhurst* 14-3 18-3 W5
                                Pitt-Johnstown* 13-4 17-6 L1
                                Seton Hill* 10-8 15-9 W3
                                California* 9-9 12-12 W3
                                Slippery Rock 8-10 14-10 L3
                                Edinboro 3-14 5-17 L6
                                Gannon 2-16 2-20 L4
                                Clarion 1-16 3-19 L2

* Clinched PSAC Tournament berth