Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSAC WEST

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bballfan View Post

    Oh no doubt. I fully understand the long, lengthy hiring process academia follows at state institutions.
    The listing is removed which means they've moved forward in the process. I assume an announcement will be made in the next 30 days giving them time to screen, bring to campus, vet, and offer.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

      The listing is removed which means they've moved forward in the process. I assume an announcement will be made in the next 30 days giving them time to screen, bring to campus, vet, and offer.
      Wonder if Carmichaels dad is in the mix?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bballfan View Post
        How you don't have a coach in mid-July isn't good for a program.
        I just browsed the listing for D1 - 3 and theres quite a few as ig today:
        D1 - 3
        D2 - 12
        D3 - 17

        I have a feeling this will become the norm much like how team rosters get decimated - coaches will move through the ranks yearly and D2/D3 will have openings into late summer.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

          Wonder if Carmichaels dad is in the mix?
          Him and Berger havent been listed on the portal so it'd make you think its someone at least one of them know or are familiar with.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

            Him and Berger havent been listed on the portal so it'd make you think its someone at least one of them know or are familiar with.
            Carmichael gets good advice being a coach's kid. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders and is from a large, very close family. The extended family attends many away games. I'm hoping this means he either knows something good or he's at least taking a wait and see approach before jumping into the portal as a late transfer.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

              Carmichael gets good advice being a coach's kid. He seems to have a great head on his shoulders and is from a large, very close family. The extended family attends many away games. I'm hoping this means he either knows something good or he's at least taking a wait and see approach before jumping into the portal as a late transfer.

              They should find a Pat Cleary type. You know, a guy who likes the school and town ... and knows how to put good teams on the floor with little budget.

              Oh wait. Nevermind.


              Comment


              • Gannon scheduled themselves a nice non-conference schedule.

                D2 HOF Classic - Central Missouri and Point Loma Nazarene
                East Region Challenge: Roberts Wesleyan and @Daemen
                Home vs St. Anselm (L to Daemen S16)
                Gary Miller: hosting Findlay and Charleston
                Away @ Saginaw Valley St.

                Not sure how the PSAC East is looking but not looking we drew the top of the polls based on past few seasons
                H Kutztown & West Chester
                H Bloomsburg
                A Mansfield & Lackawanna
                A East Stroudsburg

                Would expect WCU and ESU to be good games

                Also, is there a reason the game vs Kutztown and WCU arent noted as PSAC games??

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                  Gannon scheduled themselves a nice non-conference schedule.

                  D2 HOF Classic - Central Missouri and Point Loma Nazarene
                  East Region Challenge: Roberts Wesleyan and @Daemen
                  Home vs St. Anselm (L to Daemen S16)
                  Gary Miller: hosting Findlay and Charleston
                  Away @ Saginaw Valley St.

                  Not sure how the PSAC East is looking but not looking we drew the top of the polls based on past few seasons
                  H Kutztown & West Chester
                  H Bloomsburg
                  A Mansfield & Lackawanna
                  A East Stroudsburg

                  Would expect WCU and ESU to be good games

                  Also, is there a reason the game vs Kutztown and WCU arent noted as PSAC games??
                  I don't know what your scheduling situation is, but PSAC teams often schedule games within the conference to cut down on travel costs. Games beyond the mandated number of crossover games are considered nonconference games. I think six crossovers are mandated this coming season.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

                    I don't know what your scheduling situation is, but PSAC teams often schedule games within the conference to cut down on travel costs. Games beyond the mandated number of crossover games are considered nonconference games. I think six crossovers are mandated this coming season.
                    Ohh gotcha. I didnt think they were allowed to schedule PSAC teams as "non-conference" games. (For ex, Mansfield has been in the GM classic a few times and they made it the pre-determined matches, I figured, to avoid gannon playing them).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

                      I don't know what your scheduling situation is, but PSAC teams often schedule games within the conference to cut down on travel costs. Games beyond the mandated number of crossover games are considered nonconference games. I think six crossovers are mandated this coming season.
                      Actually now looking at it, those 2 games would be part of the 6 PSAC crossover games. Maybe its just a typo by Gannon sports staff.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

                        Actually now looking at it, those 2 games would be part of the 6 PSAC crossover games. Maybe its just a typo by Gannon sports staff.
                        I can also promise you not many are lining up (volunteering) to play Gannon in the non-con.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                          I can also promise you not many are lining up (volunteering) to play Gannon in the non-con.
                          I was hoping they might have a D1 road game this year

                          Comment


                          • The Cal men's roster is up.

                            Very young team. Two juniors and no seniors. The rest are all freshmen and sophomores.

                            Danny reloads quickly so I'm sure they'll be solid. This just happens to be the youngest team of his I can remember. It looks similar to what Joe did two years ago.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              The Cal men's roster is up.

                              Very young team. Two juniors and no seniors. The rest are all freshmen and sophomores.

                              Danny reloads quickly so I'm sure they'll be solid. This just happens to be the youngest team of his I can remember. It looks similar to what Joe did two years ago.
                              Prayers to Danny's cardiologist. Young teams can be fun but boy are they going to have some developmental pains that I hope he can pop a gummy or something to chill. One of the nicest coaches off the court but during the game is as relentless (pun intended) as Shawn Lutz is on the sideline. Both must have exceptional natural blood pressure.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

                                Prayers to Danny's cardiologist. Young teams can be fun but boy are they going to have some developmental pains that I hope he can pop a gummy or something to chill. One of the nicest coaches off the court but during the game is as relentless (pun intended) as Shawn Lutz is on the sideline. Both must have exceptional natural blood pressure.
                                hahahahahaha

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X