X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sunday (men's) lineup

Millersville at California - Vulcans took a tough loss yesterday. No time to sulk. Another brutal game today. Danny won't lose a third game to the East. Well, maybe he will. Cal by 1

Kutztown at Edinboro - It was said the Scots were short-handed. After putting 101 on ESU yesterday, perhaps they should stay that way. The Golden Bears are a hard team to figure out. Scots by 3

East Stroudsburg at Mercyhurst - Warriors have lost both games on West soil. Today will be a third. Lake Show by 10

Lock Haven at UPJ - The Mountain Cats are much different without their two big guys in the game together. If Caiden Landis sits again today, LHU could smell an upset. UPJ by single digits.

West Chester at Slippery Rock - The Rock has wins against Kutztown and ESU. Today will be a big test. West Chester should be feeling pretty good after yesterday's win in the Angelo Dome. Rams win a tight one. WCU by 3

Shepherd at Seton Hill - Rams' defense will smother the Griffins. Shepherd by double digits

Bloomsburg at Gannon - Knights wrap up cruise control weekend with another blowout. Gannon by 10+

Shippensburg at IUP - Always a postseason vibe when these two share the floor. Vegas says PICK 'EM

Mansfield at Clarion - Golden Eagles wrap up a sweep weekend. Clarion by 10

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Final

Boro 101
    ESU 87

Final

Ship 76
    UPJ 62

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I'd like to get up and see that place sometime, but won't be this weekend. Same applies if you get down in our neck of the woods.
    East hosts the finals. Let's hope for the rain check.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Hit me up if any of you Ship guys come tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer before the game.
    I'd like to get up and see that place sometime, but won't be this weekend. Same applies if you get down in our neck of the woods.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Hit me up if any of you Ship guys come tomorrow. I'll buy you a beer before the game.
    I do so wish I could, for many reasons. That venue is as close to mid-major as anything in the conference. It feels like an event.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Between injuries and the new virus surge, we'll all be lucky if our teams aren't missing key players at one point or another. Several Division I basketball and NFL football games already canceled this weekend.
    Yeah ... trying to pretend it isn't real but I'm just waiting for the virus cancelations to start. Matter of time.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Seton Hill gave Millersville a pretty good run before losing by 12. Griffins are still without their 6'10" starter. This is 4 straight games.
    Between injuries and the new virus surge, we'll all be lucky if our teams aren't missing key players at one point or another. Several Division I basketball and NFL football games already canceled this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I got my biggest chuckle out of them comparing Shippensburg shooting 46 percent to a video game where the basket was on fire.
    Their halftime logo also had us spelled "Shippensburgh," a tribute to the Steel City I guess. Also enjoyed that Biss was "Mike Biss" for about the first five minutes of the game. Sleva was Sleh-va, Sell-va, and maybe another one or two variations. Also had "Carter Carlos." I don't want to be too hard on young guys, but do they even look at the game program?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Seton Hill gave Millersville a pretty good run before losing by 12. Griffins are still without their 6'10" starter. This is 4 straight games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I got my biggest chuckle out of them comparing Shippensburg shooting 46 percent to a video game where the basket was on fire.
    Lol

In the UPJ vs WL game they were worried WL was going to tire themselves out by pressing the whole first half.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    I think I saw this team in '19. VULCANS fall at home to WCU, 90-92. Too many close losses. Now 6-3, those three were by a total of 12 pts which is the exact same record except then the average losing margin was 7 not 4. 4/21 3pt shooting is the culprit this time. Another great game from Alston...29 pts, 13rbds and 4 blks. Four others in double figures, none named Pegram. Competitive team, might make the PO.....or not.
    I'd have been broke gambling on these games today. Good Lord.

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied

UPJ is the most (cough) entertaining broadcast in the league year after year. Just be fortunate it didn't freeze every 8 seconds.

They called West Liberty every name possible except, well, West Liberty.

West Virginia

Western Virginia

Virginia Liberty

It's a hoot tuning in to those games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Ship just went up 20 on UPJ with six minutes left. The shooting arrived on a good day, and Biss is in the middle of it. But I didn't expect them to pass through Johnstown this easily.

I fully understand things won't be like this tomorrow.

EDIT: It's a 76-62 final, and the UPJ crew still thinks it's SELL-va rather than SLEE-va. Biss 20, Carter 17, Sleva 14 and 15 boards, Johnson 12. 46 percent shooting, 13-29 outside the arc. Kromka 16 for Cats.
    UPJ is the most (cough) entertaining broadcast in the league year after year. Just be fortunate it didn't freeze every 8 seconds.

They called West Liberty every name possible except, well, West Liberty.

West Virginia

Western Virginia

Virginia Liberty

It's a hoot tuning in to those games.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X