Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

IUP ladies up 33-23 at the half inside the Clarion basketball/raquetball/weightroom gymnasium.

There are so many lines on that court it's hard to tell the out of bounds lines.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      IUP ladies up 33-23 at the half inside the Clarion basketball/raquetball/weightroom gymnasium.

There are so many lines on that court it's hard to tell the out of bounds lines.

Comment

I'm sure that there are some basic requirements that must be met by the hosting venue when you are bringing eight teams to town. I wonder if a hosting team has ever lost out before because they could not accommodate the minimum requirements?

I do recall the one year (2009??) that TWO region schools hosted the women's tourney with four teams apiece. I don't recall the exact reasoning for this. It may have been something as simple as geography with the way the seeding worked out. Not sure.

-

Comment

Kutztown's Rylee Derr had one of the best performances of the season IMO yesterday against ESU. She scored a career high 32 points, shooting 9-12 from behind the 3-point line.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              I'm sure that there are some basic requirements that must be met by the hosting venue when you are bringing eight teams to town. I wonder if a hosting team has ever lost out before because they could not accommodate the minimum requirements?

I do recall the one year (2009??) that TWO region schools hosted the women's tourney with four teams apiece. I don't recall the exact reasoning for this. It may have been something as simple as geography with the way the seeding worked out. Not sure.

-
              I seem to recall an issue with Virginia Union hosting regionals in either 2016 or 2017 because of their gymnasium. As I recall, the tourney was moved to a nearby rec center, but I don't recall all of the exact details about that. In the East Region, when Franklin Pierce was the dominant WBB program and top seed, they'd move the tournament to Fitchburg State (which is about a half hour south of the FPU campus in Rindge, NH). Another factor in hosting rights is gym availability; that's what cost Emporia State hosting rights either in 2017 or 2018, since their gym was hosting the Kansas state high school tournament on the same weekend as regionals; I think either Pitt State or whomever was the second seed ended up hosting that season.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Tough game for the IUP ladies tonight. Seton Hill is a pretty good team -- in particular inside the McKenna Center.

Comment

Quick update on the women's NCAA contenders:

PSAC

California (11-1, 17-1)
                  IUP (11-1, 16-1)
                  Edinboro (8-4, 12-5)
                  Seton Hill (6-6, 12-7)
                  Bloomsburg (9-3, 13-6)

MEC

Glenville State (11-1, 16-2)
                  Charleston (10-2, 15-3)
                  Concord (10-2, 15-3)
                  West Liberty (8-4, 11-7)

CIAA

Virginia Union (8-1, 16-1)
                  Bowie State (8-2, 16-3)

Comment

Tom dropping the hammer in Greensburg. IUP up 43-20 at half.

Comment

• Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      Tom dropping the hammer in Greensburg. IUP up 43-20 at half.
                      That score could be a lot worse too! Seton Hill hit the prayer buzzer beater 3 and these refs aren't calling much. A lot of contact! Seton Hill girls look a lot slower. Time to head to Gannon! Yes, I will talk trash at Micah Till tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        That score could be a lot worse too! Seton Hill hit the prayer buzzer beater 3 and these refs aren't calling much. A lot of contact! Seton Hill girls look a lot slower. Time to head to Gannon! Yes, I will talk trash at Micah Till tonight!
                        Yeah, from the safety of the 40th row up and no doubt near event security. LOL.

-

Comment

Ship lost 78-71 to East leader Bloomsburg last night. But the Raiders' Ariel Jones scored 26 points -- in the fourth quarter. 38 for the game.

I'm a little biased, but Jones deserves some consideration for All-America status. Averaging 26.5 points and nearly four assists a game, every game in double figures. And outside of being held to 10 by IUP, her next lowest output has been 18 points.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                            Yeah, from the safety of the 40th row up and no doubt near event security. LOL.

-
                            Yeah, you're clueless and I was right there up close and personal. Every lazy play Till had on the Gannon end I was right there all over him! I did it the last two years at Hurst too. I'm not some weak guy that turns on my teams like some...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              Yeah, you're clueless and I was right there up close and personal. Every lazy play Till had on the Gannon end I was right there all over him! I did it the last two years at Hurst too. I'm not some weak guy that turns on my teams like some...
                              I'm, sure the mighty Till must have been thinking about running out of there with the tough talking middle school basketball coach yelling at him. He probably couldn't stop laughing. LOL.

-

Comment

IUP has added a D1 transfer for next year ... Justina Mascaro from Delaware (and Bethel Park).

5'11" guard ... will have 3 years eligibility. Very decorated high school career. Started 5 games as a true freshmen at Delaware.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 02-02-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X