Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    NO! Keep the girls game at the same time for continuity. Making it two hours later changes their routine. Yes, down the road game times change but don't inflict the change to yourself. The girls are used to playing first. Keep it that way.

Comment

Incorrect! I coach, time changes throw things off. Why do you think Edinboro played so bad? They won't play so bad next time.

Comment

More importantly ... good luck getting Joe to agree. Lol.

Comment

Incorrect! I coach, time changes throw things off. Why do you think Edinboro played so bad? They won't play so bad next time.

Comment

The time change was the change of days included in that. The anticipation of having two more days to think about it etc. Also, sitting waiting for a guys game and you're not used to doing that makes a difference too.

IT WILL NEVER CHANGE! GET OVER IT!!!

Comment

The time change was the change of days included in that. The anticipation of having two more days to think about it etc. Also, sitting waiting for a guys game and you're not used to doing that makes a difference too.

IT WILL NEVER CHANGE! GET OVER IT!!!

Comment

Then you've never played or coached in big games!

Comment

Bloomsburg routinely flips the men's and women's games at Nelson Fieldhouse...I wonder what all the fuss is about...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                    Bloomsburg routinely flips the men's and women's games at Nelson Fieldhouse...I wonder what all the fuss is about...

Comment

As a one-time thing ... maybe.

To me it's just a money thing. Joe draws better and Joe's crowd spends a lot of money in the bar. Just a guess but Bloom probably draws the same for men and women.

A men's tip at 530pm limits many getting there on time after work and you risk half the crowd being at the Hilton by the time the ladies tip off.

The money is the reason IUP plays all weekend games at night and the vast majority play at 3pm.

I'm staying out of the effect on the teams side but to me it's just as simple as the men's game just brings in more revenue. Thus they get primetime. Even tonight ... Joe will still probably near double Tom's crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        As a one-time thing ... maybe.

To me it's just a money thing. Joe draws better and Joe's crowd spends a lot of money in the bar. Just a guess but Bloom probably draws the same for men and women.

A men's tip at 530pm limits many getting there on time after work and you risk half the crowd being at the Hilton by the time the ladies tip off.

The money is the reason IUP plays all weekend games at night and the vast majority play at 3pm.

I'm staying out of the effect on the teams side but to me it's just as simple as the men's game just brings in more revenue. Thus they get primetime. Even tonight ... Joe will still probably near double Tom's crowd.

Comment

Kudos to Cal. Played very stingy.

Comment

Jim Colony has been consistently good about mentioning some major PSAC football and basketball contests over the years. Granted, it's just an update during the scoreboard segments, but that's better than nothing.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X