Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: D1

How about Calipari got a lifetime contract ... nice work if you can get it.

I like him. Dirty? Probably. But, they all are.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      How about Calipari got a lifetime contract ... nice work if you can get it.

I like him. Dirty? Probably. But, they all are.
      Cal is a cool guy. Assistant on that ultra-fun 1987-88 Pitt team. Great coach.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
        Cal is a cool guy. Assistant on that ultra-fun 1987-88 Pitt team. Great coach.

-

Good buddies with Joe too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
          Good buddies with Joe too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Former Clarion Golden Eagle point guard too. He did well for himself.

-

Comment

VC has the D1 transfers for this year currently at 489 ... and the list grows by the hour.

Comment

VC has the D1 transfers for this year currently at 489 ... and the list grows by the hour.
              Trying to do back of the envelope swag. Assuming 13 scholarships, 351 D1 schools, evenly distributed scholarships across years (4 yrs or 5 yr window with redshirt) and eliminate Sr class,
              that is roughly between 13.4% and 14.3% of the currently eligible players are transferring (depending if you distribute scholarships across 5 years or 4 years)

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                Trying to do back of the envelope swag. Assuming 13 scholarships, 351 D1 schools, evenly distributed scholarships across years (4 yrs or 5 yr window with redshirt) and eliminate Sr class,
                that is roughly between 13.4% and 14.3% of the currently eligible players are transferring (depending if you distribute scholarships across 5 years or 4 years)
                And that doesnt even include the players who just hang up their shoes before their eligibility is over!

Comment

Jamie Dixon will be named next coach at UCLA.

Comment

Jamie Dixon will be named next coach at UCLA.

Comment

That's a strange job. Every coach is looked upon to be the next John Wooden. Expectations are always through the roof. Add to it the PAC 12 is a very competitive conference. Both USC and UCLA now have incredibly difficult admissions standards (ask Aunt Becky). Although, I'm sure athletes get held to a much lower academic standard.

I don't see Jamie being a fit there. They need a Hollywood-type coach. John Calipari was the perfect fit. Word is they went after him hard. UCLA has a such a draw to it in recruiting. Westwood is incredible. It's actually odd they've struggled there so much in the recent past.

Comment

The D1 number is up to 504 players in the transfer portal.

Comment

The D1 number is up to 504 players in the transfer portal.
                          Up to 510 as of 545.
                          Here is the distribution.
                          Grad transfers (Seniors) are not a big % in terms of Quantity (quality is another story)
                          Some interesting anomalies - difference in RS FR versus true frosh transfers. Maybe True freshman plays but is at end of bench or on the other hand is playing but is unsatisfied with not being a star.
                          About 70% of transfers are So or Jrs in terms of eligibility. So both player and school have had a substantial investment and it is not working.
                          Scholarships are only for one year - Not clear the initiator of the transfer - Player, coach, or mutual agreement.

Row Labels Count of Class____________ Percentage
                          FR_____ 99_______________ 19.41%
                          RS FR_____ 20_______________ 3.92%
                          SO_____ 123________________ 24.12%
                          RS SO_____ 43________________ 8.43%
                          JR_____ 87________________ 17.06%
                          RS JR_____ 111______________ 21.76%
                          SR_____ 27 _______________ 5.29%

Grand Total _____ 510_______________ 100.00%

Comment

I have to say that I am a bit surprised by the Dixon to UCLA thing. I'll be surprised if the Bruins fans dig him after a season or two.

Word is that Pitt's Malik Ellison is set to transfer out. I view these defections as good news as it gives Capel more to work with in securing better talent. Stay tuned for that.

-

Comment

That's a strange job. Every coach is looked upon to be the next John Wooden. Expectations are always through the roof. Add to it the PAC 12 is a very competitive conference. Both USC and UCLA now have incredibly difficult admissions standards (ask Aunt Becky). Although, I'm sure athletes get held to a much lower academic standard.

I don't see Jamie being a fit there. They need a Hollywood-type coach. John Calipari was the perfect fit. Word is they went after him hard. UCLA has a such a draw to it in recruiting. Westwood is incredible. It's actually odd they've struggled there so much in the recent past.
                              Didn't Dixon grow up in Hollywood?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Didn't Dixon grow up in Hollywood?
                                I believe that there is some Hollywood angle with him. I know he had several acting credits in his younger days.

In other news---I see that Bucknell big and Emporium, PA native Nate Sestina is a graduate transfer to Kentucky. For anyone who has ever passed through the mountain town of Emporium it simply boggles the mind that anyone from there could possibly end up on the bright stage of the Wildcats of Calipari.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X