Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiz Khalifa is going to perform at the Pitt basketball kick-off event.

That's big time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Wiz Khalifa is going to perform at the Pitt basketball kick-off event.

That's big time.
      As long as its not Snoop haha

Comment

• A few more scribbles for the Pitt MBB journal----

-As IUPbigIndians has mentioned---Rapper Wiz Khalifa will perform at the Pitt Blue and Gold Madness this Friday night at the Petersen Events Center. Things get started at 9 PM and the admission is free. The evening will also feature team intros and a scrimmage.

-Pittsburgh area three star SG D.J. Gordon has committed to Penn State this evening. Apparently interest from the Pitt program dried up and he did the next best thing he could do if he wanted to attend college and play basketball in the Keystone State (no Villanova interest).

-

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

As long as its not Snoop haha
          Not a good look for the Jayhawks. They are really asking for it!

-

Comment

• Just purchased my first three-game pack for Pitt hoops! Going to Louisville, UNC, and Virginia!

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
              Just purchased my first three-game pack for Pitt hoops! Going to Louisville, UNC, and Virginia!
              Sounds like a sweet package! But now where are you going to park? LOL.

Blue and Gold Madness sounds like it was a rousing success last evening.

Good news in that injured frosh SF Justin Champagnie went through warm ups and was throwing down some quality slams. Some word out there that he has been cleared to play.

-

Comment

That's big time.
                More like high times. He performed at Bloom a couple of years ago.

Comment

That's big time.
                  His fee for Pittsburgh is only $100k. Drop in the bucket for a program bringing in $15M a year.

Comment

• As Pitt awaits the John Hugley edict that is coming down on Friday afternoon-----they just got a commitment from 6-10, 230 C Max Amadasun from Our Savior Lutheran out of Brooklyn.

Certainly I knew his name was in play but I must say I am a bit surprised by this one. I guess Capel and company saw the writing on the wall that Big Cliff Omoryui was not coming to Oakland and just decided to go for broke on Amadasun since these types of bigs don't exactly grow on trees. Nor are they easy to land as evidenced by last year's recruiting saga to land a quality big. I saw a little bit of film on him a few weeks ago but really couldn't deduce that much from it. He's big and he balls. He is what the Panthers need. Nice frame to be sure.

Also of note is that C Ebenezer Dowuona has committed to North Carolina State. I mentioned him a few weeks ago as someone that Pitt was taking a look at. Some believe that his commit to the Wolfpack is a good omen for Hugley to choose Pitt as they took Dowuona as a consolation prize.

-

Comment

• Well, here we are at H-Hour of the Big John Hugley IV decision from Brush High. And he has announced his choice of school.....

It's Pitt!!!

This is a big get for Jeff Capel and company. Hugley has been listed as tall as 6-9 and is likely well over 250 pounds. He is a big boy who will give the Panthers some presence in the post. I have seen him listed as a top 100 recruit as well as being a four-star recruit.

Capel has done an amazing job here in putting some punch and jab into the Panthers frontcourt for next season by landing the commitments of the 6-9 Hugley, 6-10 Amadasun, and 6-7 and ultra athletic Noah Collier.

Some experts already have Pitt's 2020 recruiting class listed in the top 25 nationally.

Now, they need to try and somehow land PG R.J. Davis. Good luck on that with the Tarheels circling him. Better not throw away Shakeel Moore's number.

And some more good news is that freshman forward Justin Champagnie seems to be a full go at Panthers practice.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        Well, here we are at H-Hour of the Big John Hugley IV decision from Brush High. And he has announced his choice of school.....

It's Pitt!!!

This is a big get for Jeff Capel and company. Hugley has been listed as tall as 6-9 and is likely well over 250 pounds. He is a big boy who will give the Panthers some presence in the post. I have seen him listed as a top 100 recruit as well as being a four-star recruit.

Capel has done an amazing job here in putting some punch and jab into the Panthers frontcourt for next season by landing the commitments of the 6-9 Hugley, 6-10 Amadasun, and 6-7 and ultra athletic Noah Collier.

Some experts already have Pitt's 2020 recruiting class listed in the top 25 nationally.

Now, they need to try and somehow land PG R.J. Davis. Good luck on that with the Tarheels circling him. Better not throw away Shakeel Moore's number.

And some more good news is that freshman forward Justin Champagnie seems to be a full go at Panthers practice.

-
                        Big get ...

Let's cap the day off with a big W at Syracuse tonight.

Comment

Big get ...

Let's cap the day off with a big W at Syracuse tonight.
                          Check! Things are really getting awfully exciting at Pitt these days! Think Heather Lyke might be a good AD?

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Check! Things are really getting awfully exciting at Pitt these days! Think Heather Lyke might be a good AD?

-
                            You didn't ask me, but I think she's been great. The right person at the right time.

Comment

• Let me get caught up here on some Pitt MBB happenings that have transpired over the last 24 hours or so.

-PG R.J. Davis is set to announce his choice of college tomorrow morning (Monday). Jeff Capel has worked extremely hard on him for quite awhile now. Davis is expected to pick between Pitt, Marquette, Georgetown and North Carolina. And unfortunately nearly all observers feel that he will select the Tar Heels tomorrow. Certainly one drawback there is the wealth that this recruiting class has placed in the UNC backcourt with such standouts as Cole Anthony and Caleb Love. But it is North Carolina. It will be tough for him to say no. Should he pick the Panthers I will be happy and if not, I will merely say that he is perhaps too lite to play in the rugged ACC as I have seen him listed at 5-11 and 150 pounds. I still like Shakeel Moore a lot as a Pitt PG. But let's allow for tomorrow's events to play out and move on from there.

>>>>Edit Add----R.J Davis has picked North Carolina.

-Yesterday Pitt engaged in what has been loosely termed as a "secret scrimmage" against the University of Maryland. The Terps are expected to be a top ten or so program this year and Pitt only lost to them by single digits. 29 for Trey McGowens and 17 for Gerald Drumgoole. But the whole thing and its results are being mostly played down as it was just a chance for these teams to run their sets against someone else in a different colored uniform and to afford them the chance to experiment a little in a private game-setting without a lot of prying eyes trying to make deductions about what they were doing.

-Interestingly, Trey McGowens younger brother Bryce is making an unofficial visit to the Pitt program next weekend. He is a SG who is currently regarded as a top 50 recruit for the class of 2021.

-
                              Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 10-21-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• A few Pitt items to cover---

-Tomorrow evening they will play host to Slippery Rock at 7PM in The Pete for an exhibition basketball game.

-The Panthers then open the regular season a week later on November 6 at home against Florida State in an early season ACC matchup.

-As I reported a week or two ago---Head Coach Jeff Capel has confirmed that it is a full-go for frosh forward Justin Champagnie. It was earlier feared that he had sustained a season ending knee injury.

-Looks like Nov. 4 could be the date when five star recruits SG Earl Timberlake and 6-9 SF Josh Hall will announce decisions on their choice of colleges. Pitt has been on Timberlake's final five list for some time. Some crystal ballers are now predicting him to Miami but there seems to be a lot of mystery where he will choose to go. South Carolina, Seton Hall and Providence are the other schools among his final five. As for Hall---He has recently visited DePaul and LSU and is scheduled to visit Pitt before his decision is announced. Many CBs have him selecting North Carolina State at the moment.

-The fallout from the failed R.J. Davis recruitment has likely hit the Pitt staff hard as they had perhaps put too many eggs in one basket with their all-out effort to win him. I am personally not that rattled over it. After doing some more film study of possible candidates for the PG position I have to feel that he is more of a shooting guard to be honest. I personally like PGs like Shakeel Moore (Hall's teammate at Morovian Prep) and Noah Farrakhan out of IMG Academy. Moore had Pitt in his final seven schools but things seemed to cool a month or so back when he cancelled his visit to Oakland. No doubt a product of the all-out blitz Pitt put on Davis. Hopefully they can pick things back up with him as he is a major backcourt talent. Farrakhan is a most interesting prospect----major game and the personality of a pop star. My best guess here is that he may be waiting for an offer from one of the bluebloods. He hails from New Jersey so failing that maybe he would even be interested in signing on with a resurgent Seton Hall program which I see is ranked in the top 15.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X