Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Shippensburg is #1 in regional RPI, has the highest SOS in the region, and is only slightly behind IUP in Performance Indicator. Add in the wins over IUP and West Chester, as well as the fact that neither IUP nor West Chester has beaten anyone in this top 10, and I don't think it's unreasonable to have Shippensburg #1.
    I can only hope you're right. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Per an official announcement, Mercyhurst will begin to sell beer at basketball games starting when the Lakers host crosstown rival Gannon this Saturday night.

Nothing like a test run with Clarion. Lol. This should be interesting.

Mercyhurst joins IUP as I beleive the only two schools selling alcohol at basketball games.

If you can do it .. crazy not to do so. IUP has a line every game of people dying to pay $9 for a 12 oz can of Coors Lite. The money is good.
      And you can be too drunk to remember watching the dreadful 48-44 Hurst / GU game.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I can only hope you're right. :)
        The three-pointers are finally starting to fall with a little regularity for Ship, which provides a real boost to the offense. They had 102 tonight and probably could have broken 115 if they hadn't missed several layups in the first half, although Bloom did not play good defense.

Comment

• So who are the teams that are playing the best right now? Clearly that honor goes to 13-2 University of Charleston who are on an 8 game winning streak. Following them are:

West Liberty who is on a 6 game heater after last nights W over 10-4 Fairmont.
          Shippensburg who are also on a 6 game run compliments of last nights W over 7-9 Bloomsburg.

West Virginia State on a 5 game run after going into 4-11 Notre Dame last night to grab the W.
          IUP on a 5 game heater after smoking 5-9 Boro at Boro last night.
          Cal-U winner of 5 in a row after beating 2-12 Seton Hill.

Mercyhurst has won 4 in a row after a W over 14-4 UPJ.

On current 3 game runs in the Atlantic:

Wheeling
          Va State
          Lock Haven

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            So who are the teams that are playing the best right now? Clearly that honor goes to 13-2 University of Charleston who are on an 8 game winning streak. Following them are:

West Liberty who is on a 6 game heater after last nights W over 10-4 Fairmont.
            Shippensburg who are also on a 6 game run compliments of last nights W over 7-9 Bloomsburg.

West Virginia State on a 5 game run after going into 4-11 Notre Dame last night to grab the W.
            IUP on a 5 game heater after smoking 5-9 Boro at Boro last night.
            Cal-U winner of 5 in a row after beating 2-12 Seton Hill.

Mercyhurst has won 4 in a row after a W over 14-4 UPJ.

On current 3 game runs in the Atlantic:

Wheeling
            Va State
            Lock Haven
            Interesting spin. LOL.

Comment

Interesting spin. LOL.
              Not spinning anything...Just stating facts that these are the hottest teams in the region right now.

Spinning is when a person says their team should be ranked higher than yours because the 14-3 team their team beat is playing "better" than the 14-3 team your team beat! THAT would be spinning.

Comment

• Losses are starting to pile up across the (Men's) Atlantic. An updated look across the top of the leader board:

(Still projecting the cut to go dancing at 7 losses)

IUP (9-1, 14-1)

West Chester (8-2, 14-2)
                Charleston (7-2, 13-2)

Fayetteville State (5-3, 15-3)
                West Liberty (7-2, 12-3)
                Shippensburg (9-1, 13-3)
                West Virginia State (6-3, 11-3)
                UPJ (8-2, 14-3)

Wheeling (6-3, 9-4)
                Fairmont State (5-4, 10-4)

Five losses: California, Mercyhurst, Virginia State, Johnson C. Smith

Six losses: Elizabeth City State

Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-16-2020, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• West Liberty is on such a heater that they should over take Bellarmine for #1.

Comment

• Stunned by a Lock Haven win over WCU, even at the winner's place. Rams are 1-2 after a 13-0 start. Lock Haven outscored them 18-7 over the final 4:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                      Stunned by a Lock Haven win over WCU, even at the winner's place. Rams are 1-2 after a 13-0 start. Lock Haven outscored them 18-7 over the final 4:03.
                      I was surprised, but Lock Haven has had some close games this year, and road games, even in the PSAC, are always harder to win. I'd like to have a few bucks for every time over the years I've seen Ship stomp someone at home and then either lose to them or struggle to win in the away game. College ball, especially with the three-pointer, is all about streaks, and if you hit almost any team in the league on the wrong night you're going to have problems. With about 12 minutes left in the Ship-Bloom game last night I wasn't feeling at all secure with a seven-point lead and Nedrow picking up his third foul. Then, about six minutes later, the lead was 27 points and we were starting to clear the bench. The Ship reserves were excellent.

Comment

Losses are starting to pile up across the (Men's) Atlantic. An updated look across the top of the leader board:

(Still projecting the cut to go dancing at 7 losses)

IUP (9-1, 14-1)

West Chester (8-2, 14-2)
                        Charleston (7-2, 13-2)

Fayetteville State (5-3, 15-3)
                        West Liberty (7-2, 12-3)
                        Shippensburg (9-1, 13-3)
                        West Virginia State (6-3, 11-3)

UPJ (8-3, 14-4)
                        Wheeling (6-3, 9-4)
                        Fairmont State (5-4, 10-4)

Five losses: California, Mercyhurst, Virginia State, Johnson C. Smith

Six losses: Elizabeth City State

UPJ only has 3 losses, 2 in psac

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          West Liberty is on such a heater that they should over take Bellarmine for #1.
                          Thanks for your vote of confidence!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I was surprised, but Lock Haven has had some close games this year, and road games, even in the PSAC, are always harder to win. I'd like to have a few bucks for every time over the years I've seen Ship stomp someone at home and then either lose to them or struggle to win in the away game. College ball, especially with the three-pointer, is all about streaks, and if you hit almost any team in the league on the wrong night you're going to have problems. With about 12 minutes left in the Ship-Bloom game last night I wasn't feeling at all secure with a seven-point lead and Nedrow picking up his third foul. Then, about six minutes later, the lead was 27 points and we were starting to clear the bench. The Ship reserves were excellent.

I had been saying in the 'Vegas Odds' little write-ups that if you looked closely at Lock Haven, you'd see they are a pretty decent team. They got stomped at the KCAC, but other than that, they have been right in every game. They have 6 losses by 5 points or less (against some good teams). They took Cal and SRU to the wire (on the road) and also had UPJ dead in the water before somehow coughing up a 26-point lead.

Lock Haven isn't great. Don't get me wrong. But, they have two nice guards and a couple nice post players. No bench. The guards, Ceruitti and Christian Kelly, could both be in any rotation in the PSAC. They are legit and both scoring near 20 ppg. Both are 6'4" and upperclassmen.

They aren't a team to take lightly -- and, I'm guessing that's what West Chester did the other night. This won't be there last big win this year. They'd be a scary team to play in the conference tournament as on the wrong night they could hurt you.

Comment

I had been saying in the 'Vegas Odds' little write-ups that if you looked closely at Lock Haven, you'd see they are a pretty decent team.
                              Might one even call them "deceptively strong"? ; )

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Might one even call them "deceptively strong"? ; )
                                Ahh, you beat me to it!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X