Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Some of these guys who want to do nothing but throw up 3s are really ruining the game. And the line will be moving to international distance next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Having confidence in playing "your" style is one thing...what G'ville's coach does when they play WLU is quite another thing! MAYBE Smith finally got through to the HC in the second half...CLEARLY he hadn't gotten through to him in the first half or in years previous.
      GSC did take more time on offense in second half. After lead grew to 40 in second half wl also called off press which also was a factor. Kind of a mercy rule.

fyi this is smiths first year at glenville. He was at fairmont last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

GSC did take more time on offense in second half. After lead grew to 40 in second half wl also called off press which also was a factor. Kind of a mercy rule.

fyi this is smiths first year at glenville. He was at fairmont last year.
        Yea...that happens quite a bit with WLU in the second half. This sometimes lets teams sneak the margin of victory down to a somewhat respectable level. Hard for a team to keep its defensive intensity up when they are leading by 40 with 10 minutes to play! If you break WLU's offensive and defensive production down by halfs,In the first half WLU scores an AVERAGE of 54 points while "giving up" only 36 points. Over the course of an entire game, that equates to a score of 108-72...or a 36 point margin of victory. WLU already leads the nation in this category with an average margin of victory of 27 but an average margin of 36 points would be over 10 points better than #2 Nova.

Comment

• West Liberty is back to being the best team in the Country.

Comment

• Right now, I'd rank the MEN's Atlantic Region as follows:
            Rank Team Record Losses
            1. IUP 13-1 @ Ship by 3
            2. West Chester 14-1 Home to Ship by 9
            3. Charleston 12-2 @Concord, @Fairmont
            4. Pitt-Johnstown 14-2 Concord (neutral), @Bloomsburg
            5. Shippensburg 12-3 Virginia State, @Fairmont, UPJ
            6. West Liberty 11-3 @Daemen, WVW, @Charleston
            7. Fayetteville State 15-3 @Va Union, @Bowie State, Johnson C. Smith
            8. Fairmont State 10-3 D&E, Glenville State, @Notre Dame

* Concord throws a wrench into things because they were a totally different (better) team prior to losing their starting power forward (who quit the team in early December to play overseas).

* I bumped Ship ahead of WL due to the fact Ship, despite also having three losses, has wins over IUP and West Chester -- and no 'bad' losses (sub .500). WL has the home loss to a 5-9 WVW.

* Fairmont has some nice wins but also two real ugly losses (D&E and ND ... two last place teams in MEC).

* UPJ has just two losses but both losses are against sub .500 teams

* The actual metrics would likely have Fayetteville ranked much higher - perhaps as high as No. 5. Their three losses are all to teams above .500

* IUP and West Chester each have one loss -- to the same opponent. IUP gets a bump for losing by less points on the road. WCU lost at home.

* Fairmont State plays at West Liberty tomorrow night.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-14-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              West Liberty is back to being the best team in the Country.
              I suspect u are joking. Lol.

many good teams this year. Looking at stats a strong case could be made for NW MSU. They are shooting 44% from three and have an incredible 1.4 points per possession.

i think nova se has the size and strength as well as shooting to go deep in the tourney.

Wl is rapidly improving and has their most athletic team in quite a few years. their bigs are young but improving. Getting six new players to break old habits by January and play wl style is a great coaching job. My guess is next year might be the year wl goes deep in tourney.

Comment

• NABC Men's Top 25

7. IUP
                12. West Chester

Votes: UPJ (15), Charleston (7), Shippensburg (2)

Comment

• WBCA Women's Top 25

5. Virginia Union
                  8. IUP
                  20. California
                  22. Bowie State

Votes: Notre Dame

D2SIDA Top 25

9. Virginia Union
                  14. IUP
                  17. Bowie State

Votes: Charleston

Comment

• Per an official announcement, Mercyhurst will begin to sell beer at basketball games starting when the Lakers host crosstown rival Gannon this Saturday night.

Nothing like a test run with Clarion. Lol. This should be interesting.

Mercyhurst joins IUP as I beleive the only two schools selling alcohol at basketball games.

If you can do it .. crazy not to do so. IUP has a line every game of people dying to pay $9 for a 12 oz can of Coors Lite. The money is good.

Comment

• Here's my approximation of what the regional rankings might look like right now (based on PI, RPI, SOS, and other factors):
                      1. Shippensburg (11-3)
                      2. Indiana (12-1)
                      3. Charleston (12-2)
                      4. West Chester (14-1)
                      5. Fairmont State (9-3)
                      6. Pitt Johnstown (10-2)
                      7. Fayetteville State (14-3)
                      8. Virginia State (11-5)
                      9. Johnson C. Smith (9-4)
                      10. West Liberty (11-3)

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        Here's my approximation of what the regional rankings might look like right now (based on PI, RPI, SOS, and other factors):
                        1. Shippensburg (11-3)
                        2. Indiana (12-1)
                        3. Charleston (12-2)
                        4. West Chester (14-1)
                        5. Fairmont State (9-3)
                        6. Pitt Johnstown (10-2)
                        7. Fayetteville State (14-3)
                        8. Virginia State (11-5)
                        9. Johnson C. Smith (9-4)
                        10. West Liberty (11-3)
                        Regardless of Ship beating IUP and West Chester, there's no way the Raiders get to top that list yet. The losses to Fairmont and Virginia State hurt their regional reputation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Regardless of Ship beating IUP and West Chester, there's no way the Raiders get to top that list yet. The losses to Fairmont and Virginia State hurt their regional reputation.
                          Agree. The only thing that really matters is winning enough to get out of the PSAC and into the final regional eight.

Comment

My guess further up thread was more on the 'eye test' of watching the season unfold. I understand his was more using metrics. Just a talking point at this stage.

I felt UPJ was actually the hardest team to seed in my version. According to many, the three games in Puerto Rico will count as out-of-region, D2 wins. That said, 'eye test' wise, they've had an odd season. They have some nice wins (Shippensburg) but also the two sub .500 losses. Add to it barely beating Edinboro, Lock Haven and Clarion. Granted, I know 'close wins' count the same as 'wins', but, again, this is just an eye test ranking.

Comment

• Shippensburg can do itself a huge favor by staying clean until the second WCU/ESU week comes up, because both of those will be at Heiges. It could be quite the springboard, because they have 11 games surrounding that week in which the Raiders should go in as the favorite.

Comment

Shippensburg is #1 in regional RPI, has the highest SOS in the region, and is only slightly behind IUP in Performance Indicator. Add in the wins over IUP and West Chester, as well as the fact that neither IUP nor West Chester has beaten anyone in this top 10, and I don't think it's unreasonable to have Shippensburg #1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X