Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gannon

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
    Gannon has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow to announce the new women's basketball coach.

Rampant speculation in Erie that it's Cleve Wright.
    Hopefully people are realistic in how fast he can turn things around. The team finished 7th 5th and 6th in the psac west in the last three years. Lots of work to do.

Comment

Cleve will do well. The failed son comes home.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Cleve will do well. The failed son comes home.
        It is a little awkward having him come back but oh well. Better than what they had by far

Comment

Gannon has scheduled a press conference for tomorrow to announce the new women's basketball coach.

I hope he does come back. He was one heck of a ball coach. If it was my hire to make I would jump at the chance to bring him back into the fold.

-

Comment

Where do you see the press conference announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
              Where do you see the press conference announcement?
              I saw it on facebook.
              https://www.facebook.com/37618347960...6592102642961/

Says you can catch it livestreamed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Macktheknight View Post
                I saw it on facebook.
                https://www.facebook.com/37618347960...6592102642961/

Says you can catch it livestreamed there.
                Thank you!

Comment

Cleve Wright is announced as Gannon's Head Women's Basketball Coach.

Comment

Way to think outside the box. What a waste the AD is!!! She going to hire Jerry Slocum out of retirement too???

Comment

• Re: Gannon

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      Way to think outside the box. What a waste the AD is!!! She going to hire Jerry Slocum out of retirement too???
                      Oh wait, he wasn't successful enough... Bring back Chapman and Gumby!!!

Comment

I see your point as the second time around is rarely as successful as the first time.

But if you wiped all the names off the resume ... a .700 winning percentage as a D-II head coach, including two regional championships (and a final 4), three league championships. A stint at D-i where he struggled. High character, great team academics and community engagement. Still a relatively young guy. Who wouldn't jump at that candidate? Who are you going to get that's better and more proven?

Comment

I'll be honest ... still in a mild state of shock that Cleve is back. It's been a whirlwind last 7 days. He seemed sincerely appreciative of the opportunity to return. I am still mildly skeptical as the second time around is rarely as successful as the first time (see Majors, Johnny), but it's not like he some 65-year old trying to return to the glory days of 20 years ago ... he's been gone only six years. We'll see how it goes ... but a great hire and an opportunity for the school!

Comment

So let me get this right...if the A.D. at Mercyhurst would have hired Cleve (which we are all led to believe and some say was a done deal until Gannon fired Brunelli), everyone would have said what a great hire, but because Gannon just brings him back, the A.D. is a waste. Now, with all of that being said, though the A.D. might be a "waste" as you called her, it is not because of this hire. Cleve is a great coach who will get Gannon back to competing with the likes of IUP and Cal; and in the region. It's not like he forgot how to coach when he took over a D1 program or was an associate head coach at another. The guy works his tail off and I would seem to think that most Gannon fans would be happy to have him back.

Comment

I'd say that you must not be very versed in who Cleve Wright is and what he accomplished at Gannon. The guy was plain good at what he did. Nearly won a national title.

-

Comment

Originally posted by D2 Sports Fan View Post
                                So let me get this right...if the A.D. at Mercyhurst would have hired Cleve (which we are all led to believe and some say was a done deal until Gannon fired Brunelli), everyone would have said what a great hire, but because Gannon just brings him back, the A.D. is a waste. Now, with all of that being said, though the A.D. might be a "waste" as you called her, it is not because of this hire. Cleve is a great coach who will get Gannon back to competing with the likes of IUP and Cal; and in the region. It's not like he forgot how to coach when he took over a D1 program or was an associate head coach at another. The guy works his tail off and I would seem to think that most Gannon fans would be happy to have him back.
                                Nobody said Cleve isn't a good coach. This AD has had a chip on her shoulder for these two coaches and has wanted to make her mark on these programs with her hires. She didn't hire her person!!! She hired a previous AD's hire and is now trying to call it her own. Yes, Cleve is a Character guy, winning coach, etc! SO was John Reilly!!! He was everything you just stated! The AD is a farse! period!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X