Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gannon

There's nothing to say this team will be able to score... if most of last years team comes back (minus seniors) there's a lot of inexperienced players and shooters. Cozch Reilly may have slowed them on offense, but they still had their chances to create points and couldn't. I dont foresee Coach Jefferson improving every players shooting ability in 5 months time. Unless these incoming recruits are going to be immediate impacts.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      "Grassroots" is a term that proponents of the AAU basketball throw around. I guess it is supposed to mean that the AAU is more natural, free flowing and unrestrictive while the "traditional" way of playing basketball (Jr High team, JV HS team, Varsity SH team, college) is more "structured," rigid and restrictive.

With these two assistants, I would imagine that a premium will be placed on scouting and recruiting from AAU vice traditional HS. Look for your future teams to play a lot of isolation one-on-one, not a lot of passing and probably even less defense. If you are looking for an analog, look at Glenville.
      Grassroots... another term for roll the balls out and let them play. AAU lacks structure and coaching... period!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Grassroots... another term for roll the balls out and let them play. AAU lacks structure and coaching... period!
        The best moment of the upcoming season will be when the Gannon fan-base complains about the team not playing defense. It will be great irony.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          The best moment of the upcoming season will be when the Gannon fan-base complains about the team not playing defense. It will be great irony.
          If they are smart, they won't touch that subject!

Comment

Steve DeMeo, who turned down Gannon, just added to St. John's coaching staff.

Comment

It's amazing what has become of the St. John's program. I remember when they were a powerhouse.

That guy they just hired was about their 8th choice.

Comment

That's what a lot of losing does to a team!

Comment

Essentially watch a NBA game and reduce the talent by a million percent

Comment

Former Gannon Coach Jim Brunelli ends up at Converse College D2 in Carolina Conference, Spartansburg SC

http://govalkyries.com/general/2018-...20190607dts3yo

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                      Former Gannon Coach Jim Brunelli ends up at Converse College D2 in Carolina Conference, Spartansburg SC

http://govalkyries.com/general/2018-...20190607dts3yo
                      Erie winters to South Carolina ... like winning the lottery.

Comment

Is the GU fan site ever coming back ?

Comment

nope!

Comment

nope!
                            Do you have any inside information on which to base this?

Regardless, it's been a great site for 10 years and it not a trivial effort to maintain. This site works just fine with me to talk Gannon basketball.

Comment

I'd say Jim will reopen it in August/September... closer to season. No reason to have it open now... no news.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                                I'd say Jim will reopen it in August/September... closer to season. No reason to have it open now... no news.
                                No news? You kidding?

New coach. Who left? Who stayed? Who signed?

Tons of news.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X