Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gannon

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    second choice... Gannon got turned down once, let's not make that sound any worse than it has to.
    and numerous turn down for interviews. Let's not forget that!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        Many coaching searches have numerous turn-downs for interviews. I'm sure that they cold-called a few coaches (probably Manchel for example) who turned them down. That's pretty standard unless you're Duke basketball or Alabama football. I'd rather count people who actually applied and then were offered the job. I just read an article about Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall who said that he gets numerous calls about interviewing for coaching jobs, but turns them down because he is comfortable where he is. Is that considered a failure for all the schools who reached out to him?

Comment

There are coaches out there who shop themselves, to see what their value is for either a bargaining chip or just throwing leaves in the air to see where they might land.
          I've told some disgruntled underlings to " take tomorrow off, sit down write yourself the prettiest resume' you can. Then go shop yourself". Those that do quiet down nicely.

Comment

Not taking an interview is much different than declining an offer

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
              Not taking an interview is much different than declining an offer
              Right.

Even so people decline offers for all sorts of reasons that don't necessarily fall on the school. I turned down an offer because I honestly couldn't see myself living in that area for the years required to do the job the right way...and I didn't realize that until I spent several days there interviewing.

I'm involved with a search right now where someone looks like your guy on paper then you get him on campus and you realize there's no way in hell you can hire him.

There are a lot more moving and immovable parts at the DII level. It's pretty rare that you can just make a hire without regard for other factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Care to share? I was 12 pages deep in Google results without anything. Anything.
                Tremont Waters, LSU...
                Russ Smith, Louisville...

He coached them both in Prep school. He was highly involved in those two players process that now has both those University's in hot water!

Comment

[QUOTE=bballfan03;2380009]Not taking an interview is much different than declining an offer[/QUOTE

I don't know the particulars about who did interviews or what and was writing about generalities

Comment

Regardless of how he got there ... he's got his work cut out for him.

Comment

Former Pitt player Justice Kithcart does not have his scholarship renewed at ODU. Does his next and probably last chance occur at Gannon? If he goes the D2 route Gannon could have the inside track. Or does an IUP type of program make a push for him?

Comment

He's from NC so the only way he comes north is for his connection to Gannon or another D1 opportunity. Probably more likely he stays closer to home. Nothing against IUP.
                        Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-05-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

IUP has no room left for any more guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            He's from NC so the only way he comes north is for his connection to Gannon or another D1 opportunity. Probably more likely he stays closer to home. Nothing against IUP.
                            Kithcart got to Pitt due to Stallings trying to fill out a class. He was never an ACC player. Then he barely played at Old Dominion.

Seems he was likely a D2 player all along. I'd guess he lands in the CIAA.

Comment

Coach Jefferson has signed his first recruit... Amani Walker, 6'8 out of Baltimore, MD.

Comment

Also add
                                Chris Clancy 6'2 SG, St Peter's Prep out of Staten Island
                                Previous by JTR LOI
                                Ryan Rachic 6'4 SG, Calvert Metro DC

Cleve Wright Adds 1st
                                Faith Williams 5'6 G Elyria Catholic Ohio
                                Previous signed
                                Ali Benin 5'8 G local Harborcreek
                                Margo Loutzenhizer 5'8 G Warren Pa

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X