Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Correct. I wonder if any of our top coaches may pursue the YSU opening.

Just a complete guess but id think it'd be an assistant coach from a mid major.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Best championship game in years!
      I only caught the last 10 minutes of the game, but it was a fun 10 minutes. The Nova Southeastern turnover with 25 seconds left was killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
        Fantastic championship game. Minnesota State knocks off Nova with a last second three after a back and forth last several minutes
        Either of those teams was certainly better than any team in our region this year. Nova's depth almost told, but Minnesota State was able to play halfcourt ball just enough to get the win.

Comment

• Big news breaking in Erie

Comment

Big news breaking in Erie
            Fee is moving up boys! Not announced where yet.

Comment

That was quick

Comment

• Gary Manchel is dancing in the streets of Erie

Comment

FAU Assistant. Maybe to eventually go back to Nova?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

FAU Assistant. Maybe to eventually go back to Nova?
                    Don't be shocked if he takes Omajafo with him.

Comment

Last edited by IUPHawks24; 04-01-2024, 04:33 PM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

Don't be shocked if he takes Omajafo with him.
                        Not good enough in my opinion for that level.

Comment

This job opening at Youngstown State is interesting.

They hired out of our Region the last time.

Does anybody see any potential Atlantic coach going for the job?

D1 destination job? No. But, it is the foot in the D1 door (that leads to greener pastures).
                          I do wonder if that's the type of job that our buddy Ben would be interested in, and if YSU would be interested in him. The Horizon League is not a bad conference by mid-major standards. Calhoun did okay there. Ben is younger than Calhoun when they took a flyer on him. From a recruiting standpoint, you have access to Northeast Ohio, which is a basketball hotbed.

The challenge for that style of play and recruiting strategy is that it's a tough sell going from D2 straight to a large job. If he has goals of coaching in the big leagues of college hoops one day, and I imagine that simply given how young he is, he does, then a job at a school like Youngstown State is a no brainer. Sure a lot of West Liberty fans are rolling their eyes and biting their fingernails about this, but we went through this with Lombardi for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I do wonder if that's the type of job that our buddy Ben would be interested in, and if YSU would be interested in him. The Horizon League is not a bad conference by mid-major standards. Calhoun did okay there. Ben is younger than Calhoun when they took a flyer on him. From a recruiting standpoint, you have access to Northeast Ohio, which is a basketball hotbed.

The challenge for that style of play and recruiting strategy is that it's a tough sell going from D2 straight to a large job. If he has goals of coaching in the big leagues of college hoops one day, and I imagine that simply given how young he is, he does, then a job at a school like Youngstown State is a no brainer. Sure a lot of West Liberty fans are rolling their eyes and biting their fingernails about this, but we went through this with Lombardi for years.
                            YSU promoted an assistant. Job is filled.

Comment

YSU promoted an assistant. Job is filled.
                              Wow. I'm out of the loop. Missed that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I heard they reached out to Ben but that he wasn't interested in leaving WLU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X