Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    I was wr, wr, wro, wr. I was mistaken on those kids. They are all solid.
    It takes a strong man to admit he was wrong.

Comment

This was a better-than-expected year, but seeing the Vikes in that 9-spot for the Regional and then losing the way we did last night almost makes it worse than if we just finished at 16-14 with no Regional hopes at all.

Hopefully this team reacts to this loss the same way the 2014-15 team did when the Vikes got picked off unexpectedly by Northwest Missouri in the Regional and committed as a team to not being in the same situation the following year. That commitment worked out pretty well for the program.

Again, great season from such a young crew. Just would've liked to see it end differently after getting so close to taking it even deeper into the postseason than anyone would've imagined. Hard to swallow right now.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
        Is this sincere? Is it a reverse jinx? I'm so confused. My world is already in disarray, so I don't know which safety rail to grab in my current state of vertigo, and this is only making it worse.
        Good, then my work here is done. :)

No, it was sincere. that's a very good group that Texas Tom has assembled. Now the question becomes, how long is the NSIC going to let them hang around and wreck havoc on the NSIC and all of Div. II.

Comment

As a football guy, I have to say that I was very impressed with Augie when they destroyed USF less than a week ago....and it's pretty clear the Augie youth movement 2.0 shows great promise..as they stepped up to the big game challenge in the Key game.

Obviously Crookston used the 3-ball to get a win on the road last night and sometimes you have to tip your cap to the other guy....which makes for an odd wknd situation with no Augie mens team playing at the Pentagon. That said, I thought they had a really nice year on their way building towards the future.

Comment

Zimmer posted this during the SMSU/Northern game and it made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              This was a better-than-expected year, but seeing the Vikes in that 9-spot for the Regional and then losing the way we did last night almost makes it worse than if we just finished at 16-14 with no Regional hopes at all.

Hopefully this team reacts to this loss the same way the 2014-15 team did when the Vikes got picked off unexpectedly by Northwest Missouri in the Regional and committed as a team to not being in the same situation the following year. That commitment worked out pretty well for the program.

Again, great season from such a young crew. Just would've liked to see it end differently after getting so close to taking it even deeper into the postseason than anyone would've imagined. Hard to swallow right now.
              If it helps at all, starting tomorrow you can watch John Warren and Nolen Gerald play for Slippery Rock in the PSAC Tournament. They went 19-9 and 16-5 in conference play, with Warren averaging 13 points and 2 steals per and Gerald at 10 points per.

Comment

NSIC Tournament was odd without Augie, but still a great tournament to attend. Congratulations Wolves on back-to-back NSIC Tournament Championships. Going to be fun to watch them a little more as the NCAA Tournament gets underway.

Comment

I'm sure everyone will love this as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
                    You beat me to it. I just read about the move to the Pentagon on Twitter. Article says that non-conference games will be at the Elmen.

https://goaugie.com/news/2019/3/4/au...agon-home.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      You beat me to it. I just read about the move to the Pentagon on Twitter. Article says that non-conference games will be at the Elmen.

https://goaugie.com/news/2019/3/4/au...agon-home.aspx
                      I don't post often, but when I do I'm pretty quick on the draw, laker.

Comment

So, next years conference tourney, Augies last in the NSIC. will be considered HOME games for them.

Comment

So, next years conference tourney, Augies last in the NSIC. will be considered HOME games for them.
                          Augie's second-to-last (at minimum) in the NSIC. Possibly even third-to-last or more. And yes, apparently they will be played in the venue that will be considered Augie's home venue for conference play. Unless the NSIC plans to shift things over to the Premier Center. Which would probably not be the wisest decision at this juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by Augie Skyhook View Post
                            I shared this info over the weekend...just on a different thread. So there

Comment

You cant just rip us off and throw us on the floor like Kevin Schlagel's tie, we'll tell you when we're ready to leave.

Signing a 10 year deal to play at the 'Gon is a fantastic move given the uncertain future of the Arena. Frees up financial resources to more pressing needs in the D1 transition and anything we can do to deepen the ties with Sanford will only help.
                              Last edited by Augieholic; 03-06-2019, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Time to move the NSIC Tournament to the Arena.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X