Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC 2021-2022

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by laker View Post

    Zero seniors? Wow!
    I mean, there are transfers. But these days, you don’t need a grandpa Rick to use the transfer portal. I think everyone may be a transfer at some point.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

      I mean, there are transfers. But these days, you don’t need a grandpa Rick to use the transfer portal. I think everyone may be a transfer at some point.
      That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

      Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

        Here's just one fact check. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours so on with basketball.

        https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2P21DB
        Reliance on an article that is over a month old. Interesting…

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

          That was going to be my question- how many transfers? :)

          Not sure if everyone is a transfer at some point but it will be the exception to the rule of a team doesn't have a transfer moving forward. Wonder how that will impact Mankato in short term since they've relied heavily on the transfer market. Now everyone is competing in there.
          Just one new one (Hopkins) but 3 total (Kramer & Thedford)

          Comment


          • #20
            Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
              Moorhead opening season part of D2 Tip-off Classic in Canyon, Texas. 3 games against West Texas, Daemen and Colorado Mesa. Assuming Moorhead will be preseason national top 25 ranked to take part in the Tip-off Classic.
              That is interesting. Much preferable to playing D3 or NAIA teams in the preseason.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                Even more controversial than COVID and its various vaccines...

                MSU has 9 FR / 4 SO / 2 JR on the roster. COVID has caused some strange things to happen, but that?? WTF??? :)
                SMSU's split is 11/3/2/1. Had Kenny Byers not sat out last year, they too would've been without a senior.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I see that Ouachita Baptist and Harding are coming to Halenbeck Nov 12-13. Minot will be the fourth team and will not play SCSU.
                  SMSU's two tournaments are at CSP Nov. 12-13 against Rogers State (OK) and Newman (KS), plus a trip to Kenosha against Parkside (WI) and Davenport (MI), with UIU also there.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    It's possible the few/no seniors thing will become a trend in D2 thanks to the transfer portal. I think we'll see more and more juniors/seniors getting poached by low D1s like Summit League schools (and the occasional mid-major/P5).

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      It's possible the few/no seniors thing will become a trend in D2 thanks to the transfer portal. I think we'll see more and more juniors/seniors getting poached by low D1s like Summit League schools (and the occasional mid-major/P5).
                      I really hope not, but D2 could basically be a glorified JUCO situation. Like you said, the upperclassman that are good can/could get sniped but all sorts of D1s. Nice to get a guy with 2-3 years experience producing to fill immediate roster gaps.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

                        I really hope not, but D2 could basically be a glorified JUCO situation. Like you said, the upperclassman that are good can/could get sniped but all sorts of D1s. Nice to get a guy with 2-3 years experience producing to fill immediate roster gaps.
                        He went higher than the Summit League, but Kevion Taylor departing is a case in point: talented, developed player and a D1 program with a need. With the ‘find a way to win’ pressure on coaches—from admin and fans—what else can a coach do? I just hope these players find a way to graduate when all the buzzers sound and lights get turned off.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by New Beaver View Post
                            So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?
                            Augie has 7 seniors (6 who play significant minutes), 2 juniors, and a bunch of freshmen and a redshirt freshman. No true or redshirt sophomores, which is weird in its own way.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by New Beaver View Post
                              So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?
                              The NCAA did not consider 2020-21 as a countable year for eligibility. The 4 seasons in 5 years clock stopped.

                              Still, the decision was left up to the players. For example, at SMSU Weston Baker Magrath and Nick Dufault played last year and moved on, while on the women's side most of their senior group from last year is back again.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by New Beaver View Post
                                So I am new to the conference but did last season count as a season? [as eligibility goes] I thought not. I would have thought this would mean lots of 5th and/or 6th year seniors [and grad transfers]. Lots of other schools lack seniors?
                                Last year was basically a redshirt for everyone. For some programs, like NSU, this allowed players to transfer out and still have an extra year of eligibility at their new school. But, any new transfers in do as well. Figuring out exactly how many years any player has left is going to be confusing for the next few seasons. Some players may decide to not take the COVID year if they already redshirted for a season.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X