X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunder
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    Doesn't appear that anyone is interested in that #8 spot.
    I vote we just give it to Wayne St. They probably have the most likable fans on the board.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Doesn't appear that anyone is interested in that #8 spot.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Thanks for the correction. I had just pulled up the MIAA master men's schedule when I looked at that. I should have known better.
    No worries. Now if you can pull your women to a victory in the last 3 minutes 😉

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Kearney women don't play Western...the men do...Covid make up from earlier in the season. Western women have NW, Newman and Pitt left to play.
    Thanks for the correction. I had just pulled up the MIAA master men's schedule when I looked at that. I should have known better.

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied

Kearney also plays MoWest and Fort Hays next week. Other than UCM, all of the tough MIAA teams have a tough road these next two weeks.
    Kearney women don't play Western...the men do...Covid make up from earlier in the season. Western women have NW, Newman and Pitt left to play.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied

I think Harding's two losses to MIAA schools (MOSO and Emporia) are killing them. The MIAA is so strong and so deep that I agree with six teams being included in this initial list. Things will begin to sort themselves out a little since MOSO and Pitt State both play Kearney and Fort Hays this week. Pitt also plays MoWest next week. These last two weeks and the MIAA tourney will be very interesting. All 6 of the MIAA schools have the talent to make a run thru the MIAA tourney.
    Kearney also plays MoWest and Fort Hays next week. Other than UCM, all of the tough MIAA teams have a tough road these next two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    On the women's side Kato, UMD, and Augie have clearly separated themselves within the NSIC. I think all three are in good shape to make the Regional as long as they don't lose to anyone besides each other the rest of the way.

If you haven't watched the Kato women press their opponents into oblivion I recommend it. They, especially Joey Batt, lives by the motto that the refs can't/won't call a foul every single possession.

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied

I think Harding's two losses to MIAA schools (MOSO and Emporia) are killing them. The MIAA is so strong and so deep that I agree with six teams being included in this initial list. Things will begin to sort themselves out a little since MOSO and Pitt State both play Kearney and Fort Hays this week. Pitt also plays MoWest next week. These last two weeks and the MIAA tourney will be very interesting. All 6 of the MIAA schools have the talent to make a run thru the MIAA tourney.
    Probably so. Although those aren't bad losses and they were really tight games as well. Plus, Harding is still the only loss for Texas Women's. I know that's a non-region game, but that's as good a win as anyone has in the nation.

I know the Washburn loss for SNU is an anchor on their metrics. But that Pitt State win turned out to be quite nice.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeMcConnell1 View Post
    I, too, am surprised both Southeastern and Southern Arkansas are in this first 10. Figured it would be one or the other. Honestly, though, both of them lost to rivals at home on Monday night and those games are not factored in here (same for SNU's thumping of Oklahoma Baptist). I'd imagine both have already excluded themselves or close to it based on those losses alone.

Would have thought Harding women would be under consideration at least. But the other conferences are so deep and the GAC is definitely down this year, so that's not a shock.

Leave a comment:

• mosofan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    None of the teams just outside the top 10 in RPI seem to have a good case to be ranked ahead of teams in the top 10; I'm more intrigued by teams a bit lower in RPI that have better wins (think Missouri Southern or Southwest Minnesota State).
    We definitely have a couple of good wins over UCO, along with one vs. Fort Hays. The two losses to Lincoln hurt, and especially the loss to UCM. We have some big games coming up vs. Fort Hays, NW, and Washburn. If we lose to Kearney tonight, you can write off any slim hope we have. If we win 3 out of 4, and pull one upset in the MIAA tourney, we may still have a slim chance.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    Womens' initial Central Region rankings are out as well

Augustana (19-4, 19-4)
    Central Missouri (18-3, 18-3)
    Fort Hays State (17-8, 17-7)
    Minnesota-Duluth (22-3, 22-3)
    Minnesota State-Mankato (20-3, 20-3)
    Missouri Southern State (20-5, 18-5)
    Missouri Western State (20-5, 19-5)
    Nebraska-Kearney (22-3, 22-3)
    Pittsburg State (17-5, 17-5)
    Southern Nazarene (19-4, 19-4)

Leave a comment:

• LukeMcConnell1
    replied
    I, too, am surprised both Southeastern and Southern Arkansas are in this first 10. Figured it would be one or the other. Honestly, though, both of them lost to rivals at home on Monday night and those games are not factored in here (same for SNU's thumping of Oklahoma Baptist). I'd imagine both have already excluded themselves or close to it based on those losses alone.

Would have thought Harding women would be under consideration at least. But the other conferences are so deep and the GAC is definitely down this year, so that's not a shock.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied
    Here it is:
    CENTRAL
    Under Consideration School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    Central Okla. 17-3 16-3
    Emporia St. 17-6 17-6
    Minn. Duluth 18-8 17-8
    MSU Moorhead 20-6 18-6
    Northern St. 20-5 20-4
    Northwest Mo. St. 21-2 19-2
    Sioux Falls 16-9 16-9
    Southeastern Okla. 14-7 14-7
    Southern Ark. 15-6 15-6
    Southern Nazarene 20-3 20-3

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Southern Arkansas is in the top 10 and Fort Hays State isn't. The Muleriders are the only team ranked in any region (men's or women's) that I didn't strongly consider when making my predictions.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied
    Originally posted by Thunder View Post

SMSU does have some impressive wins (Northern, Duluth, USF 2x), but they have lost 4 of their last 6 including a game to the worst team in the region. I don't see any way they make the regional outside of winning the conference tourney, which with their defense isn't completely out of the question but it is unlikely.
    Worth noting...USF and WSC are only 3-3 in their last 6. Not like it's an enormous gap. I do think the UMC loss hurt us significantly. It would be interesting to see if a tourney run can affect things. I tend to agree we lost our chance, which is unfortunate.

It's pretty wild that the Mustangs are 4-1 against the four NSIC teams in the Top 10.
    Last edited by Stanger86; 02-15-2023, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X