Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Bottom line this team is loaded with talent, well coached and will be hard to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Knight View Post
      Bottom line this team is loaded with talent, well coached and will be hard to stop.

Comment

Bellarmine has apparently offered a full ride to class of 2019 6'7" F Jacob Hobbs of Central Hardin (KY), an athletic kid said to be a "sleeper":
        https://twitter.com/ManimalElite/sta...45142568579073
        https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5245497...4b61040c9c96b1

He also quarterbacks the football team: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5245497...24dd1654baf2f5. Admittedly he was a different type of player, but I remember Whitehead formerly played football, and that pickup certainly worked out well for us.

Supposedly Wright State, Liberty, Tusculum, and Campbellsville (among others) are also interested.

Relatively common surname, but wonder if he's any relation to the aforementioned superstar Braydon?

Comment

The GOAT missed the last couple of games of the championship series so that sent me looking. Found this...

Sounds like they like him a lot. Get well soon.

Braydon Hobbs will remain at Bayern Munich next term. Two other hot-traded names are not candidates for the German champions.
          Like basketball. de has learned from a reliable source, Braydon Hobbs will fulfill his contract until 2019 and will play basketball again in the coming season. Recently, there were rumors that Americans could leave the German champions despite the current contract.

Hobbs was last put out of action by appendicitis and could follow the final series of Bayern against ALBA Berlin only from the hospital bed or from the substitute bench. Together with Stefan Jovic, whose contract will also be valid until 2019, the 29-year-old will continue to pull the strings in the Bayern offensive.

Comment

Any word who BU will play in the in the Exhibition games? I heard a rumor of playing Kentucky.

Comment

• Comment

Welcome! I like your user name.

Only thing I heard about possibly playing UK was that, in response to a radio show caller asking about a BU-UK exhibition, Calipari said he thought it was a good idea.

Comment

• Comment

A good (return) hire for the coaching staff:
                    http://athletics.bellarmine.edu/news...ing-staff.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                      A good (return) hire for the coaching staff:
                      http://athletics.bellarmine.edu/news...ing-staff.aspx
                      Kind of interesting how it will work now. Douggy D. (hey if we call dad Scotty D., why not Douggy D. for the son?) has pretty much taken over as No. 1 (Star Trek reference.) Beau used to be No. 1. Do they share and become No. 1.5 each? It maybe that this is a short stay for Beau until he lands another D1 assistant job or D2 HC. Would think Douggy D. is the heir apparent, although he may not want to wait around that long either since Scotty is there for life (fingers crossed.)

Comment

Agree on Eberhard, Cook, and Chitty. The #2 will be either Fleming or Jenkins. The #3(or #4?) will be Weyer, Corbett or Palombizio. I would consider Fleming and Weyer to be the more likely pair based solely on physical health of Corbett and Jenkins. I really think that Corbett came here to be a sub with limited playing time. He could be as good or better than anybody on the team if he were completely healthy (see USI game) but he is not, and probably never will be, completely healthy. I suspect that Jenkins, if playing, may be limited in his minutes as well. Having said that, I would be delighted to see either or both starting. I do think that Palombizio has a shot, but it's pure speculation on my part, not having seen him play.

Comment

I don't see Jenkins playing at all this year.

Comment

Where do we think Ramser will fit in this year?

Comment

He is solid, very few mistakes, does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet. I would say he plays 15 to 20 minutes per game.
                              One thing is for sure practices will be very competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Knight View Post
                                He is solid, very few mistakes, does a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet. I would say he plays 15 to 20 minutes per game.
                                One thing is for sure practices will be very competitive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X