Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Rick Bozich just named Davenport as one of the possible replacements along with 7 or 8 others including Jerry Eaves, Darrin Horn, Scott Padgett, Tom Crean, Thad Motta and John Thompson III. Bozich points out that he is not sure Scotty would want to give up his good gig at BU for an interim position at UofL. I kinda agree to that. Now if UofL was going to give him more of a commitment than just interim coach, it would definitely be trouble. Just don't know why any of these guys would want the headache. The program is destroyed and the NCAA is going to come down hard, mainly because it has to to protect what integrity the NCAA has.

Comment

I heard they want Watson because he runs a clean program and that's what's important right now. Sorry, couldn't resist getting a dig in at the USI guys.

Actually UL had better get someone with a proven track record of integrity. That really SHOULD be their primary focus, with actual basketball ability being a close second. They're going to have to rebuild the program's reputation from the ground up after this.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post

Actually UL had better get someone with a proven track record of integrity. That really SHOULD be their primary focus, with actual basketball ability being a close second. They're going to have to rebuild the program's reputation from the ground up after this.
        At a place with as much money as UL, they ought to insist on both. Those guys are out there. You don't have to prioritize one over the other. When you do that, you end up with Watson.

Comment

I laughed when I saw Thad Matta's name. Now that Nike is being looked at Thad's name will surface in this mess. Along with many other high profile coaches.

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
          Rick Bozich just named Davenport as one of the possible replacements along with 7 or 8 others including Jerry Eaves, Darrin Horn, Scott Padgett, Tom Crean, Thad Motta and John Thompson III. Bozich points out that he is not sure Scotty would want to give up his good gig at BU for an interim position at UofL. I kinda agree to that. Now if UofL was going to give him more of a commitment than just interim coach, it would definitely be trouble. Just don't know why any of these guys would want the headache. The program is destroyed and the NCAA is going to come down hard, mainly because it has to to protect what integrity the NCAA has.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
            I laughed when I saw Thad Matta's name. Now that Nike is being looked at Thad's name will surface in this mess. Along with many other high profile coaches.
            One of the stories I read stated that the Adidas exec involved had only been with them a short time and had come over from Nike, so I would bet the Nike involvement is deeper than Adidas'.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              I agree, I think any of the big time coaches may be tainted by all this mess. Probably why it won't be Crean, Motta or Thompson coming in. Horn and Padgett are assistants at big time programs as well, and we know that the assistants are the ones the apparal companies go through (in fact we don't know if Padgett is the coach that the FBI got on tape anyway.) So out of Bozich's predictions only Eaves and Scotty are left. I think the most likely person is not someone Bozich predicted but it still leaves Scotty as one of their top candidates.

Comment

I know the solution! Just transfer UofL players to BU so Scotty can coach them.. Actually not sure I would find that all that fun because I like the team we got.

Comment

You are even more delusional than previously thought. You seriously need to step back and take a deep breath because your posts are borderline idiotic!

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
                  There are 6 teams on here that wouldn't stay within 15 points of USI. These polls are a joke.

Comment

I agree with your assessment. I think Scotty could actually keep a lot of the local fan base together. Even though its Division II Scotty has done some great things with the Bellarmine program that would translate well to a program that may just miss out on the death penalty. Someone like Scotty is exactly what UL needs to get the program back on track, I'm not saying that as a USI fan who would love to see him leave but more as a basketball fan who respects what Scotty has done.

It's going to be an interesting few days for you BU fans...until they reveal their Interim Coach.

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                    I hope you are right, but the situation is extremely unusual. Pitino will be, or is already, toast. I doubt that any big name coach would be willing to walk into the situation right now. The only reason Scotty might is his perceived duty to the community and his alma mater. I could see the UofL fan base rallying around Scotty and supporting him even in the inevitable down time that is coming. Scotty might be the only guy who could still get fans in the seats at Yum Center. I think because Scotty actually predated Rick at UofL, he is somewhat immune to the criticism of being a Pitino acolyte.

Comment

If I had to lay a bet on this horse race it would be on Scotty. It is the only logical choice on this thing. There aren't many coaches Louisville can feel comfortable hiring until all this dust settles, which may be years.

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                      I agree, I think any of the big time coaches may be tainted by all this mess. Probably why it won't be Crean, Motta or Thompson coming in. Horn and Padgett are assistants at big time programs as well, and we know that the assistants are the ones the apparal companies go through (in fact we don't know if Padgett is the coach that the FBI got on tape anyway.) So out of Bozich's predictions only Eaves and Scotty are left. I think the most likely person is not someone Bozich predicted but it still leaves Scotty as one of their top candidates.

Comment

• UL, in my opinion will not hire Scotty. He was on the recruiting trail today. When asked he had not been contacted and added that he could not abandon his guys.

Why would he want an interim position? UL's program is a mess and will take years to clean up. They may get the death penalty. The boosters with money would not settle for a DII coach, regardless of his success. Word has it that the booster (and UL board member who has a stadium named after him) wants Crean. I'm not sure but I'm not concerned Scotty is going anywhere.

Comment

Interim could be a 3 year contract with guarantees. Boosters may want a big name and eventually will get that. But it isn't going to happen in the near run. Chances of Crean running a clean shop is no different than anyone else. Everyone had their hand out and did so because the NCAA willfully turned a blind eye on it. World Wide Wes was laughing right in the face of the NCAA and they still did nothing. This is going to clean out many programs.

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                          UL, in my opinion will not hire Scotty. He was on the recruiting trail today. When asked he had not been contacted and added that he could not abandon his guys.

Why would he want an interim position? UL's program is a mess and will take years to clean up. They may get the death penalty. The boosters with money would not settle for a DII coach, regardless of his success. Word has it that the booster (and UL board member who has a stadium named after him) wants Crean. I'm not sure but I'm not concerned Scotty is going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                            UL, in my opinion will not hire Scotty. He was on the recruiting trail today. When asked he had not been contacted and added that he could not abandon his guys.

Agreed, but mystified why they would want crean, did they not watch him at IU.

Comment

Evansvilles dylan penn commits to Bellarmine.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                                Evansvilles dylan penn commits to Bellarmine.
                                Thanks for the scoop! You, or any of the other E'ville types on here, ever seen him in action?

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...ine/710776001/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X