Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Edinboro, Grand Valley to play in 2019, 2020 and 2021

I find it funnier that you believe we would care volumes about drawing a series record with a single school closer to .500.

Yeah, no natties in a while, but still won the region three times in the last 10 years. Again, I'll take that over IUP's record.

Anytime anywhere...if you want the game so bad, hammer your Athletic Department to call ours...would be willing to wager we'll answer...

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Big Game when I was hanging near the MON was versus WAYNESBURG. One year they had a really nice scrambling QB by the name of HARRY THEOFILIDES. Good enough that he played some on Sunday for the SKINS.
      Don't know how hard it was to schedule, but 9 of the last 10 years the VULCANS have played the likes of SAGGY VALLEY, ST CLOUD, HILLSDALE, VIRGINIA STATE and ODU which strikes me as a decent OOC schedule neither impossible as BORO's may be nor a walkover like '16 vs CHEYNEY. @ ODU should be a challenging start to this year's very tough season. Time will tell.
      But, of course, you had a president who, for better or worse, put a significant emphasis on athletics unlike the current administration.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
        I find it funnier that you believe we would care volumes about drawing a series record with a single school closer to .500.

Yeah, no natties in a while, but still won the region three times in the last 10 years. Again, I'll take that over IUP's record.

Anytime anywhere...if you want the game so bad, hammer your Athletic Department to call ours...would be willing to wager we'll answer...

I think you guys should offer first since you have the private jets or so BCON claimed.....

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
          I think you guys should offer first since you have the private jets or so BCON claimed.....
          We do, but Jet fuel has gone up a ton. The cross is getting heavier.:smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            We do, but Jet fuel has gone up a ton. The cross is getting heavier.:smile-big:

HA!!

Comment

I think it's good for Edinboro that they reeled in a big fish to play...but I am just chuckling that GV looked to the PSAC for an opponent and didn't engage IUP...or even Slimey or Mon Valley U. I mean if your goal is to play the better programs........
              Not sure of how GV determined which teams to put on this map, but it here ya go. LOL:
              https://t.co/4GSvsv1MSn
              (https://twitter.com/gvsufootball/sta...043632128?s=03)

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                Big Game when I was hanging near the MON was versus WAYNESBURG. One year they had a really nice scrambling QB by the name of HARRY THEOFILIDES. Good enough that he played some on Sunday for the SKINS.
                Don't know how hard it was to schedule, but 9 of the last 10 years the VULCANS have played the likes of SAGGY VALLEY, ST CLOUD, HILLSDALE, VIRGINIA STATE and ODU which strikes me as a decent OOC schedule neither impossible as BORO's may be nor a walkover like '16 vs CHEYNEY. @ ODU should be a challenging start to this year's very tough season. Time will tell.
                Yeah, Waynesburg back in that era was Tough, I think they still are one of the few schools that Shepherd didn't have a single win in about 4-5 games played over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
                  Yeah, Waynesburg back in that era was Tough, I think they still are one of the few schools that Shepherd didn't have a single win in about 4-5 games played over the years.
                  That would be Westminster for IUP way back in the day.

Comment

And some of us on the board still know that when it came from BCON it was Gold!!:tongue:

Comment

Schools advertising 2019 availability for week one:

Chowan (CIAA)
                      Delta State (GSC)
                      Elizabeth City (CIAA)
                      Ferris State (GLIAC)
                      Kentucky State (SIAC)
                      Lake Erie (GMAC)
                      Lenoir-Rhyne (SAC)
                      Newberry (SAC)
                      North Greenville (Independent)
                      Ohio Dominican (GMAC)
                      Texas-Permian Basin (LSC)
                      Truman State (GLVC)
                      West Alabama (GSC)
                      West Georgia (GSC)
                      William Jewell (GLVC)

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Schools advertising 2019 availability for week one:

Chowan (CIAA)
                        Delta State (GSC)
                        Elizabeth City (CIAA)
                        Ferris State (GLIAC)
                        Kentucky State (SIAC)
                        Lake Erie (GMAC)
                        Lenoir-Rhyne (SAC)
                        Newberry (SAC)
                        North Greenville (Independent)
                        Ohio Dominican (GMAC)
                        Texas-Permian Basin (LSC)
                        Truman State (GLVC)
                        West Alabama (GSC)
                        West Georgia (GSC)
                        William Jewell (GLVC)
                        ODU and possibly Lake Erie look to be great out of conference games for PSAC West schools while the East schools in need of a game should contact Elizabeth State or Chowan although they both are about 8 hour treks.

Comment

Grand Valley stopped playing IUP after their record reached 0-6 against us. Then you got the one big win in the last meeting.

Did Edinboro relentlessly pursue this series? IUP is playing Ashland...so it's not like they are afraid to play with the big boys of the GLIAC. Grand Valley could have swooped in and challenge IUP to a three year series (two in Indiana and one in Rubbers Stadium of course)...but they didn't.

The article stats that it's hard for GV to find teams non conference to play them. IUP had nobody set up past this year with Ashland. So IUP was available.

They article states GV wants to play the best nationally. Edinboro hasn't even been the best in the PSAC West in well over a decade.

I just think it's interesting that GV didn't try to restart the IUP rivalry of the 1990's (albeit it was all one sided with IUP winning every game).

2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                            2002 Grand Valley beats IUP 62-21 scoring on their first 8 possessions

Thanks.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXiZCT0juY

NCAA recap HD Quality.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/...erd-highlights

Comment

Ya, GVSU can be beat if you take a team capable of winning the PSAC to match up with them. And maybe if you get them on their 4th road game in a row vs. playoff teams and off a plane ride from Colorado the week before and get their QB to complete 40% of his passes and throw 3 picks and then maybe you can get a 2 pt win at home. LOL. A home opener in September with 15,000 in the stands for a 7pm kickoff I don't think you're getting that luck. But to be serious you need to take a team capable of winning the psac for the most part...and play well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X